Any Forum Member have done this speaker placement for their listening room?

Hari Iyer

I have done this diagonal placement last year and later restored to parallel room placement. Again this week i went to diagonal placement and was wondering why they sound much better than the parallel room placement. I came up with this explanation - https://www.decware.com/paper14.htm - checkout.

I have done this diagonal placement last year and later restored to parallel room placement. Again this week i went to diagonal placement and was wondering why they sound much better than the parallel room placement. I came up with this explanation - https://www.decware.com/paper14.htm - checkout.
I have used it in my earlier apartment where I had a space issue. it works very well as long as you are able to manage the right seating position away from a corner.

I could not get the soundstage to be very good with this but in a room with constraints like Doors etc this is a very good option

The write up is very informative and has some practical tips. I just had one question, does it mean when implementing a diagonal setup (or to have majority of the first reflection points on the right side of a speaker ) one does not have to position the speaker in a equilateral triangle w.r.t the listening position ?

The write up is very informative and has some practical tips. I just had one question, does it mean when implementing a diagonal setup (or to have majority of the first reflection points on the right side of a speaker ) one does not have to position the speaker in a equilateral triangle w.r.t the listening position ?
You can still have equilateral setup with diagonal placement. Only the first, second etc reflection are not very agressive like a parallel wall setup.

I have also put up my system in Diagonal position. This gives better control on bass but I feel the lack in the Soundstage. I have a Squarish room and hence been trying different kind of setup. Read about this somewhere that this kind of setup could be beneficial in my kind of room.

I have also put up my system in Diagonal position. This gives better control on bass but I feel the lack in the Soundstage. I have a Squarish room and hence been trying different kind of setup. Read about this somewhere that this kind of setup could be beneficial in my kind of room.
Definitely a good option for square rooms especially if it is not large enough to leave space between the speaker and rear wall.

Only a few of us are lucky enough to have a dedicated listening room. In a normal living room, it is challenging to align furniture in the room, not just the listening chair, with the direction of diagonal speakers. It would be much easier to address the first reflection points by room treatment. I would be very keen on knowing what is the best material for treatment of first reflection points, cost no bar, that will not compromise the sq in any way.

I thought this article explained the basics of reflection pretty well

http://arqen.com/acoustics-101/reflection-free-zone/

Thanks

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back