Any USB type-B adaptors with selectable inputs please

Yelamanchili manohar

Hi All :)

I have only one USB input on the dac. And i want to connect both my laptop ( Netflix movies ) and streamer ( Music ) to this same input via USB. Presently i keep swapping USB cables crouching at the back. But this is really painful.

Was wondering if there are any USB adaptors out there, with two USB type-B inputs, and one Type-B output to plug into the DAC. Will be nice if this is a passive unpowered adaptor. And will I need any switch on the adaptor to select between the inputs, or will it auto-detect the input and send it automatically to the dac.

Thanks for any suggestions or advise.

Presently i keep swapping USB cables crouching at the back. But this is really painful
This can be over come by fixing cable at dac level and other end at extension cable can be used to interchange the inputs, but it doesn't have switch

I too use printer selector switch to select the input to the dac. However there will be an issue if the cables are long. Remember that cable almost doubles. One from the dac to the printer switch and one cable from the laptop/computer to the printer switch. Effectively the connection is going through two cables. What worked for me is the amazon basic usb 3.0 cables (the short ones).

Another thing that worked for me is conecting the dac to the printer switch through the USB regen device (which actually doesn't do much in improving the quality of music, but allows me to use the original cables (long ones)) from the laptop to the printer switch.

I too use printer selector switch to select the input to the dac. However there will be an issue if the cables are long. Remember that cable almost doubles. One from the dac to the printer switch and one cable from the laptop/computer to the printer switch. Effectively the connection is going through two cables. What worked for me is the amazon basic usb 3.0 cables (the short ones).

Another thing that worked for me is conecting the dac to the printer switch through the USB regen device (which actually doesn't do much in improving the quality of music, but allows me to use the original cables (long ones)) from the laptop to the printer switch.
Thanks again for your very apt advise as always. Glad to know that some kind of USB regen device can be used, incase I have hand shake issues with the dac due to cable length. Much appreciated as always @mbhangui 😍

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back