Anyone heard the new kef R series

Thanks again prem :)

Will give that a try once I complete building my rack. With all the boxes spread out in between, Iam unable to move them any closer. Besides, I also sit very close to the speakers at about 6 feet max. So maybe that could also be a issue. I will have to try to dismantle my daughters bed, behind my seating position. In order to sit farther away from the speakers. But even I felt that I could be sitting too close, so Iam hearing individual drivers, instead of the musical whole. View attachment 36958

Iam attaching a pic of my room. Actually my daughter's room :D

The room is around 15 x15 feet. So I think the speakers are spaced out about 9 feet apart. And I sit around 6 ft from each speakers in the middle. My daughter's bed is behind my listening position.. I have added a very thick and Wooly carpet, as the room is bare , bright and full of reverb. I wish I could tame the room, but have to keep aesthetics in mind also, as my daughter is already horrified with what I done there already :D
That carpet look like tight and non boomy bass to me :) if its cotton, or other natural fibers. Infact a carpet is a great addition to any listening room, making a dramatic difference in seperation imaging and bass. Same goes with acoustic panels, but in some rooms if the walls are wide apart and ceiling is high, the room itself is the key to the sound. I had picked up many amps and speakers from guys who never even heard half the potential of their equipment. Their ignorance, my advantage :)

Hi newlash09, get the speakers closer so that they are between 6-7 feet. How far are the speakers from the wall behind it?

What rug is it? Looks like an acrylic one. That’s a no no. You need to use a natural fibre rug. Like cotton, wool, jute, silk

Thanks again prem :)

Ian not sure what the rug is made of though. Will have to check. But it feels soft and Wooly, exactly like the fibers we have at the end of a mop. So i could guess it is natural fiber. And the carpet weighs a ton too.

From my memory, the front baffles of the speakers are 98 cms from rear walls and the inner side of speakers are 60 cms from side walls.

I could move them to 7 ft...But will it not constrict the sound stage by being too close. Just thinking aloud that's all. I was planning on dismantling the bed, and moving further away to get a listening distance of 9 feet.

So i guess I have 2 options in my 15x15 ft room :

1. Equilateral triangle of 6 ft
2. Equilateral triangle of 9ft

Hi Newlash,
I agree with Prem on the rug. Do try out wool. I have had good experience with New Zealand wool.
Moving the speakers in together should also be tried out but in increments of 2-4 inches.
This should be fun... :)

Hi Newlash,
I agree with Prem on the rug. Do try out wool. I have had good experience with New Zealand wool.
Moving the speakers in together should also be tried out but in increments of 2-4 inches.
This should be fun... :)

Thanks a lot Onemanarmy :)

Will surely give it a try once Iam back home. But changing that rug will be difficult. My wife got upset when I got it unannounced in the first place. Maid kaise mop karegi...And all that :D

So if I get another one, I will be buried rolled in it :D

Thanks a lot Onemanarmy :)

Will surely give it a try once Iam back home. But changing that rug will be difficult. My wife got upset when I got it unannounced in the first place. Maid kaise mop karegi...And all that :D

So if I get another one, I will be buried rolled in it :D
There is a solution (expensive) but will pleasantly surprise the "Boss".
Roomba + Braava; no maid needed
Had a home demo today. Very happy with it, so ordering a bundle deal.
Pre emptive strike (to possibly compensate for the arrival of 2 subs)
Cheers,
Raghu

There is a solution (expensive) but will pleasantly surprise the "Boss".
Roomba + Braava; no maid needed
Had a home demo today. Very happy with it, so ordering a bundle deal.
Pre emptive strike (to possibly compensate for the arrival of 2 subs)
Cheers,
Raghu

Haha...thats really a lifeline you gave me there raghu. Iam having to vacuum that bloody carpet twice a week. My wife says its about my daughter's hygiene, I think it's more vengeance though :D

Haha...thats really a lifeline you gave me there raghu. Iam having to vacuum that bloody carpet twice a week. My wife says its about my daughter's hygiene, I think it's more vengeance though :D
Yes, Carpets attract a lot of dust but they do help to improve the sound quality.

Got the robotic toys. Roomba is very good on bare floor and area rugs.
Though I was told it will not work on long strand or plush carpets.
Have not tried Braava yet.
Cheers,
Raghu

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back