Anyone interested in sharing cost of Season 1-6 of 24?

GeorgeO

Folks

I am going to the US next month and am considering buying the entire set of the US serial 24 available on DVD for about $170. Is anyone interested in sharing the cost? Please pm me for details.

For those who havent watched, check on the net there should be a lot of info-it is currently one of the top rated US shows, and stars Kiefer Sutherland. In two words-addictive and outstanding!

Thanks

George

24 dint quite grew on me but I'm a sucker for Prison Break, Lost, Dexter, SVU & Practice.

Just wondering, don't you get it real cheap from the alley shops ;)

Folks

I am going to the US next month and am considering buying the entire set of the US serial 24 available on DVD for about $170. Is anyone interested in sharing the cost? Please pm me for details.

For those who havent watched, check on the net there should be a lot of info-it is currently one of the top rated US shows, and stars Kiefer Sutherland. In two words-addictive and outstanding!

Thanks

George

George, why spend 170$ , when u can download the same for free, Also u can buy the same from cheaper alley shops as unleash has suggested.

Yes the series is awesome, i am currently watching season 6 and its too good ...

Never got around to watching it. I personally have all episodes of Star Trek (the original series with William Shatner), X-Files and Dark Angel.

oh man i am going to get so laughed at for this. The only non comedy show i've watched with any interest has been....."desperate housewives" :) .....love the show!

oh man i am going to get so laughed at for this. The only non comedy show i've watched with any interest has been....."desperate housewives" :) .....love the show!

Don't worry, you have me for company. Love Eva Longoria. Others I watch are CSI (all 3 versions).

I recently saw a "COMEDY SHOW" :eek:
A reality show where Rakhi Sanant has set out to find a groom :sad: I laughed my guts out :D

I forgot the name of the stupid show though. Sat through some 15 minutes of it.
A friend offered me a case of tuborg beer if I can sit through one full episode. I asked him to raise the stakes. I have to factor in the cost of padlocks and chain to tie me to a chair :D

Sq Wv

Alley shops as in National Market? In downloading you dont get HD, I have a frien who is willing to split costs haflway, so I will be pying only half at this point..

George

@ George
Also in and around Commercial street, one of those multi-storied buildings with lots of Duty Free shops around, there used to be an ICICI atm the last time i was there.

Well the originals will always be the best option. But recently i watched a downloaded file of Transformers2, the print was crystal clear! My mate almost got me fooled saying its original. If you have good internet speed and patience to boot, I guess you can possibly find anything online. I'm knowingly ignoring the grey area ;) - OR just buy the damn thing once and for all and forget the hours of searching and downloading!

@Sq.Wave
My sympathies for your near fatal experience with Rakhi Sawant. :) Wonder why its called a comedy show to start with! Check out the Russel Peter ones - boy, can he make you laugh! Another one of my favorites is George Carlin.

Hey Square_Wave
I recently saw a "COMEDY SHOW"
A reality show where Rakhi Sanant has set out to find a groom I laughed my guts out
I forgot the name of the stupid show though. Sat through some 15 minutes of it.
A friend offered me a case of tuborg beer if I can sit through one full episode. I asked him to raise the stakes. I have to factor in the cost of padlocks and chain to tie me to a chair

I believe even prospective groom had few beers to stay IN the show :lol:
I find "whose line is it anyway" really funny, even reruns are enjoyable

@Sq.Wave
My sympathies for your near fatal experience with Rakhi Sawant. :) Wonder why its called a comedy show to start with! Check out the Russel Peter ones - boy, can he make you laugh! Another one of my favorites is George Carlin.

"Comedy" was a "tongue in cheek" comment :D

Russel peters is one of my favorites. I have almost all his stuff downloaded. Like he says " all you downloadin bas **** :D:D "
I think Russell should watch the above mentioned show. It will be a riot in his next show :eek:hyeah:

Indeed the downloaded movies are of great quality especially the 720p, no wonder i have come out of the original DVDs, to get a good Internet speed is just a phone call away to the service provider, patience is no problem, we have to just give the download command and then just leave it, searching movies online can be done in a systematic way.

Vinay.

Well the originals will always be the best option. But recently i watched a downloaded file of Transformers2, the print was crystal clear! My mate almost got me fooled saying its original. If you have good internet speed and patience to boot, I guess you can possibly find anything online. I'm knowingly ignoring the grey area ;) - OR just buy the damn thing once and for all and forget the hours of searching and downloading!

Indeed the downloaded movies are of great quality especially the 720p, no wonder i have come out of the original DVDs, to get a good Internet speed is just a phone call away to the service provider, patience is no problem, we have to just give the download command and then just leave it, searching movies online can be done in a systematic way.

Vinay.

Vinay,

You will convince anyone and everyone it seems (since you are yourself so convinced about the whole thing). Only thing left for me to do is to watch HD content in your home theater. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience.

I'm watching HD content fairly regularly on a Kuro and a Panny BDP, but its not really a home theater/mini theater room, just a living room. Watching HD movies in a specially equipped mini theater like yours I'm sure is a much better experience. God willing shall soon make a trip to Mumbai so can catch up with you and this mini theater of yours.

Vinay,

You will convince anyone and everyone it seems (since you are yourself so convinced about the whole thing). Only thing left for me to do is to watch HD content in your home theater. I'm sure it will be a wonderful experience.

I'm watching HD content fairly regularly on a Kuro and a Panny BDP, but its not really a home theater/mini theater room, just a living room. Watching HD movies in a specially equipped mini theater like yours I'm sure is a much better experience. God willing shall soon make a trip to Mumbai so can catch up with you and this mini theater of yours.

U Bought kuro??? Congratttsss!!

I stumbled across a site a few days ago where it is available for around $75-for a set of 42 DVDs, so a friend and I might pull the trigger on it. Split two ways , it's not a big deal,IMHO.

George

Folks

Thanks

George

In June Landmark (Chennai City Center) had a sale - 24 all seasons @ 50% discount. I bought for Rs. 880 /season. may be the offer is still around coz they had quite lot of stock.

Moserw,

It was you who bought me into the world of high definition movies via download, i was not comfortable with the idea, you were the one who kept chasing me that i will forget my DVDs, once i follow your path, and see today i am so happy with this graduation that 2 threads were born "The Death Of DVDs For Me" & "Free 8 DVDs". If you wish you can give 8 more numbers in the free 8 DVDs thread, i will be happy. In view to this mother of a development, that is why i will request one and everyone that please consider this path which you tracked me into.

Indeed if one has a dedicated entertainment room, the joy is just great to watch movies in such a room, no wonder i have not been to a cinema hall since 2 years, otherwise every month i used to go thrice.

I will be very happy when you will come to Mumbai, please do stay at my house, and watch as many movies as you want in my mini theatre.

As and when you want to make a private theatre in your house, i will come personally at your end, and take you through the initial process and then we can take help from other members too.

Vinay.

Vinay,

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back