Anyone using 2.35:1 screen setup with the Anamorphic lens?

Guys,

Require screen size advise...for Panasonic PT-AE4000 (keeping in mind the throw ratio etc)

My dedicated home theatre room is 10ft wide by 14ft long, Can you pls suggest me the recommended screen size (diagonal)?

Also, the room will be dark while viewing so also suggest the type of screen I should choose from high contrast white/gray etc.

Most of my movies are 720p/1080p.

Last edited:
Guys,

Require screen size advise...for Panasonic PT-AE4000 (keeping in mind the throw ratio etc)

My dedicated home theatre room is 10ft wide by 14ft long, Can you pls suggest me the recommended screen size (diagonal)?

Also, the room will be dark while viewing so also suggest the type of screen I should choose from high contrast white/gray etc.

Most of my movies are 720p/1080p.

For your room size it is better and ideal size is to go for 100" or max110" for 16: 9 & 103" for 2:35:1. If you go for 120" it will be an oversize...

Power of AE4000 is to fill very easily more than 150" and your requirment is for 100", Matt white is more than sufficient and that itself it will lite the screen very easily. Dont go for high contrast already pano is over powered for your room.

I can suggest grey also for AE4000, since this is first project for you with projector viewing, enjoy the matt white first and later shift to grey, you will feel the difference.

Regards

Last edited:
For your room size it is better and ideal size is to go for 100" or max110" for 16: 9 & 103" for 2:35:1. If you go for 120" it will be an oversize...
Regards
Srini is right. My room is just under 13 feet wide and my 120 inch 16:9 screen takes up almost 10 feet leaving only around 1 to 1.5 feet on either sides. You need that much space for front speaker placement. So go for 100 inch 16:9 for your room width.

Power of AE4000 is to fill very easily more than 150" and your requirment is for 100", Matt white is more than sufficient and that itself it will lite the screen very easily. Dont go for high contrast already pano is over powered for your room.

I can suggest grey also for AE4000, since this is first project for you with projector viewing, enjoy the matt white first and later shift to grey, you will feel the difference.

Regards

Thanks, I will be using the fixed frame type screen with 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Couple of my friends were saying that 100" would be too much for my room size that one would not be able to capture the full detail of the movie frame. Thats why I got confused and want to ask you gurus about it.

What image quality difference does White & Gray make?

BTW, kindly pm the persons no, so that I will contact him...

Thanks!!!

Thanks, I will be using the fixed frame type screen with 2.35:1 aspect ratio. Couple of my friends were saying that 100" would be too much for my room size that one would not be able to capture the full detail of the movie frame. Thats why I got confused and want to ask you gurus about it.

What image quality difference does White & Gray make?

BTW, kindly pm the persons no, so that I will contact him...

Thanks!!!

I am not guru, however i have experienced the same size what you are intend to built so just passed on the information. I could clearly say 100" will be really good for an 10x15 room.. However i could say you are in premium class if you sit it 15 feet / 10 feet 1st class / 6 feet Bench class( I can say here only vinay is watching in balcony) . Very clearly you can have a fine full detail of movie frame of an 720P/1080P movies. Please do justice to your pana by only feeding 1080P.

Matt white faithfully reproduce the picture from the projector with required brightness and sometimes it will be more painful to see in a small room, since there will be reflection of colours from the screen( especially with high gain screen)

Grey will eat the colours little bit( some time more) and give a pleasant look to your eyes to watch in the room without much strain and there will not be much reflection in the room with the glass or any other polished wooden items . While watching in grey you will never feel tired of watching. May be for 10 to 15 feet room it is idle. However selection of grey depends upon the taste.

Sheik number/ PM Sent.

Regards

I am not guru, however i have experienced the same size what you are intend to built so just passed on the information. I could clearly say 100" will be really good for an 10x15 room.. However i could say you are in premium class if you sit it 15 feet / 10 feet 1st class / 6 feet Bench class( I can say here only vinay is watching in balcony) . Very clearly you can have a fine full detail of movie frame of an 720P/1080P movies. Please do justice to your pana by only feeding 1080P.

Matt white faithfully reproduce the picture from the projector with required brightness and sometimes it will be more painful to see in a small room, since there will be reflection of colours from the screen( especially with high gain screen)

Grey will eat the colours little bit( some time more) and give a pleasant look to your eyes to watch in the room without much strain and there will not be much reflection in the room with the glass or any other polished wooden items . While watching in grey you will never feel tired of watching. May be for 10 to 15 feet room it is idle. However selection of grey depends upon the taste.

Sheik number/ PM Sent.

Regards

Thanks for your valuable inputs. I will contact this person and try to get the best deal. Will update in the forum by tomorrow.

Hi srinisundar,

I had contacted Mr.Mohideen and he have quoted me 1.19k. He told the price is on daily basis will vary depending on the market price he is getting. He told that he would give the best price when I buy from him.

Hi guys,

Regarding screen many have suggested grey but what should be screen gain I should choose for Panasonic 4000 keeping in mind that is going to be in a dark room.

Grey gain will be 0.8 or sometime it will be claimed as 1.4 high contrast grey for some screens. You will be getting inbetween the fiigure.

Kindly do have some demo with grey screens and mattwhite, then deciede... Could you please confirm this is the first projector for you??? If so kindly go with Matt white and then replace later( say after 1 year) or you will be disappointed, when you watch later mattwhite witht this PJ. If you have already watched grey somewhere and also matt white then go with that...

Regards

Srini

Yes, this is my first projector and wanted to have the best matching screen while setting up initially. Frankly, I don't know whether I will be changing the screen from white to grey later on.

Say, if Iam choosing White then what should be the screen gain I should choose for Pana 4000, keeping in mind that the room is totally dark?

Grey gain will be 0.8 or sometime it will be claimed as 1.4 high contrast grey for some screens. You will be getting inbetween the fiigure.

Kindly do have some demo with grey screens and mattwhite, then deciede... Could you please confirm this is the first projector for you??? If so kindly go with Matt white and then replace later( say after 1 year) or you will be disappointed, when you watch later mattwhite witht this PJ. If you have already watched grey somewhere and also matt white then go with that...

Regards

Srini

Hi guys,

Now looking into different brands of screen, I see only 2.35:1 aspect ratio. But most of the blu-ray movies have 2.39/2.40:1 aspect ratios.

So, how it looks when projected onto a 2.35:1 aspect ratio screen?

Coming to Elite screen (Fixed Frame) (pls check link Cinema235 Series, features shows screen gain as 1.1 with CineWhite (I think it is Matt white as you guys were saying?)

When seeing the product range of Da-Lite (pls check link Products) getting confused of what product choose (2.35:1) between Cinema Contour, Da Snap, Imager etc.

Can you guys pls guide me on this?

Update:
Elite authorised dealer in Chennai, Cinema Focus have quoted Cinema235 103" Matt White, gain 1.1 - Rs.43,000/-. Infact I contacted a few other dealers of Elite and still getting the same price. Your opinion pls...

As for Da-lite, will get the quote today.

Meanwhile, check this link https://www.diytheatre.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=13&cat=Screen+Product about Do-It -Yourself screen material. Your comments pls on this.

I have got quote for Da-Lite, model as below:
Make: Da-lite
Model : Cinema Contour - 33087V
Qty : 01
Price : INR 109397/- + [email protected]%.

This is costing 90% the cost of my projector. I think I need to remove Da-Lite from my list.

BTW, Today I got mail for Elite Cinema235 from another dealer mentioning the price in USD 639. I have asked the quote in INR and will update. Hope they add minimal customs and the rate is reasonable.

Last edited:
simpler option --- get a large 4:3 screen something like 8/6 depending on your room size ,once the corners (horizontal) are perfectly filled the screen can be adjusted vertically depending on the aspect ratio

u cud use manual/motorised and shud cost u abt 8/20 k

Last edited:
The pricing part should be Ok for the elite brand in India.

If you are importing from abroad,screens are potential for damage while in transit also you are going to pay customs duty more than that. Only china vendors will give less price for customs purpose..

Hi guys,

Now looking into different brands of screen, I see only 2.35:1 aspect ratio. But most of the blu-ray movies have 2.39/2.40:1 aspect ratios.

So, how it looks when projected onto a 2.35:1 aspect ratio screen?

Coming to Elite screen (Fixed Frame) (pls check link Cinema235 Series, features shows screen gain as 1.1 with CineWhite (I think it is Matt white as you guys were saying?)

When seeing the product range of Da-Lite (pls check link Products) getting confused of what product choose (2.35:1) between Cinema Contour, Da Snap, Imager etc.

Can you guys pls guide me on this?

Update:
Elite authorised dealer in Chennai, Cinema Focus have quoted Cinema235 103" Matt White, gain 1.1 - Rs.43,000/-. Infact I contacted a few other dealers of Elite and still getting the same price. Your opinion pls...

As for Da-lite, will get the quote today.

Meanwhile, check this link https://www.diytheatre.com/shop/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=13&cat=Screen+Product about Do-It -Yourself screen material. Your comments pls on this.

I have got quote for Da-Lite, model as below:
Make: Da-lite
Model : Cinema Contour - 33087V
Qty : 01
Price : INR 109397/- + [email protected]%.

This is costing 90% the cost of my projector. I think I need to remove Da-Lite from my list.

BTW, Today I got mail for Elite Cinema235 from another dealer mentioning the price in USD 639. I have asked the quote in INR and will update. Hope they add minimal customs and the rate is reasonable.

Do you advise that it is worth spending 43k for Elite to do justice to Pana 4000? If so, I don't mind going ahead...

The pricing part should be Ok for the elite brand in India.

If you are importing from abroad,screens are potential for damage while in transit also you are going to pay customs duty more than that. Only china vendors will give less price for customs purpose..

Hi,

Since you are just going for branded screens, i suggested elite which is also an cheaper option comparing to Dalite and do have some good reviews for some model.. Elite will do justice to Pana4000 / Panaview itself is a good match for that. Since you are into 2:35:1 you are limited to brands which is established.

If at all i am you in this position, i will be going with only wall option for fixed type screens / Or first make an attempt with self made wodden structure which will cost less than 1K and try beaming the image and check I am satisfed and then go for fixed options investing some $$$.

Why just do this way?

Regards

Thanks for that suggestion, can you pls guide me step by step and the materials required to built 2.35:1 fixed frame screen. Also, is there any dealers who sell these materials like screen fabric etc?

Hi,

Since you are just going for branded screens, i suggested elite which is also an cheaper option comparing to Dalite and do have some good reviews for some model.. Elite will do justice to Pana4000 / Panaview itself is a good match for that. Since you are into 2:35:1 you are limited to brands which is established.

If at all i am you in this position, i will be going with only wall option for fixed type screens / Or first make an attempt with self made wodden structure which will cost less than 1K and try beaming the image and check I am satisfed and then go for fixed options investing some $$$.

Why just do this way?

Regards

Why screen fabric, i mentioned only plain white wall painted with Asian paints matt white.This will give a very good finish.

Frame is very easily available in all wood shops or if you need some artistic frame you can go for wholesale frame shop fixtures and you can get very easily less than Rs.500 to 650( 4 pieces).... I just bought four pieces to the required sizes and cut in the corner to suit and brought to my house and fixed with my carpenter help.

Regards

fixedceilingscreen.jpg

fixedscreen.jpg

Last edited:
Why screen fabric, i mentioned only plain white wall painted with Asian paints matt white.This will give a very good finish.

Frame is very easily available in all wood shops or if you need some artistic frame you can go for wholesale frame shop fixtures and you can get very easily less than Rs.500 to 650( 4 pieces).... I just bought four pieces to the required sizes and cut in the corner to suit and brought to my house and fixed with my carpenter help.

Regards

fixedceilingscreen.jpg

fixedscreen.jpg

wow srini sir.. there isnt much difference between the two..
cant even say that it is paint.. seems fabric to me..

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back