Anything to buy from Australia?

ilar

Hi Friends,

I am traveling to Melbourne and Sydney on a business tour for around 10 days. Is there anything I can buy from there to agument/replace my existing setup which comprises RS6 Towers, Marantz 6003 CDP, Marantz 8003 Amp? Please provide some quick advice. My budget would be around 60 to 80k.

Thanks in Advance.

Try to get a nice mid-level TT and some LPs and CDs. IMHO, your setup is fine and doesn't need any more components. Also a nice headphone amp to hook up your i-pod to the amp and maybe a pr of headphones(circum-aural not in-ear ones plz). Do check the price difference before buying.
HTH
Regards

I think Australia doesnt have hifi manufacturer & get stuff from Singapore?
So prices are not that good compared to US.

Aussie is too expensive and with the Aussie dollar at 48 bucks.. has become stupidly expensive for anything.. ya but u can get good cds/dvds and JBHIFI . a retail chain which has the best music and dvd collection.

Try to get a nice mid-level TT and some LPs and CDs. IMHO, your setup is fine and doesn't need any more components. Also a nice headphone amp to hook up your i-pod to the amp and maybe a pr of headphones(circum-aural not in-ear ones plz). Do check the price difference before buying.
HTH
Regards

If you the DIY type, Rod Elliot is in Australia (as is Hugh Dean of AKSA/Aspen,
as has been posted earlier). He has some nice kits -

Elliott Sound Products - The Audio Pages (Main Index)

Unless you buy an australian product (Like Krix Speakers) Everything is too expensive in Oz. unless you buy used LPs/CDs (In Melbourne there is a place on Elizabeth street as you walk away from Flinders Stn , within 1 km)
Many australians buy direct from the US to save Money ;)

Mel and Syd are beautiful places, I suggest spending your time sightseeing and enjoying the cuisine :) rather than HiFi !

Mint pair of Duntech Sovereigns!!!

Only, you would have to raise your budget.....and also charter a small flight to bring them back......;)

Hi Friends,

I am traveling to Melbourne and Sydney on a business tour for around 10 days. Is there anything I can buy from there to agument/replace my existing setup which comprises RS6 Towers, Marantz 6003 CDP, Marantz 8003 Amp? Please provide some quick advice. My budget would be around 60 to 80k.

Thanks in Advance.

if your budget is that much then imo you should sell your current amp and buy something in the likes of arcam etc esp if you can get it from abroad

Hey Rikhav,

You beat me to it. I've heard the pre at GeorgeO's place. VFM AFAIK.

Cheers

Rajesh

Very good suggestion. They have launched a new Amp called NAKSA (new AKSA) 70 watts class AB. This should come around to 50K. This kits contain assembled and tested PCB along with heat sink you just need to buy transformer, power sockets and input/ouput jacks. This one is highly regarded.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back