Apple IPAD or Samsung Galaxy TAB

petes

Folks -

Initially my thoughts was to buy Galaxy TAB. However, over the period of time I am now inclined to IPAD after experiencing itz UI recently... My budget is around 30K

My basic use would be browsing the Internet and occasionally using it to take Photos and Videos...

Hey!! one more thing...Since I am having a Samsung LCD TV (LA40C550) I should be able to view the contents on my TV also (Photos/ Videos are whatever)... I am not sure whether IPAD supports this, but TAB does this because of the same brand...

Your thoughts are appreciated..!!

I was in the same dilemma in January this year with the ipad 2 versus the samsung even then I preferred the ipad 2. The ips screen of the ipad produces good colors as compared to the oversaturated samsung display. The OS is also more slick. I tested them side by side.

With the new ipad this is a no brainer. The screen resolution and quality is a league apart. It can play 1080p with ease with hardware acceleration when the videos are in apple supported format. You can even play 1080p mkv's with software like powerplayer etc. Camera is also good as compared to the pathetic ipad 2 camera.

I would however advice to go for the 32 GB wifi only version if you are not on the move. Add a camera connection kit and you have a digital audio source. Add an HDMI out and you can view content on the LCD. I have the CCK as well as HDMI accessories and view content on the samsung.

Last edited:
I am typing this message using IPad 3, 16GB. Adding camera connections kit solves remaining problems to support HDMI etc. its worth of price.

Last edited:
You are goingfor the right device that is ipad. I have both the new ipad and Samsung tab and ipad is far more versatile.home shop 18 is showing as out of stock.try local Croma or apple rezellers as you might be able to get a good EMI on your credit card.cheers

It's not hot. I have both iPad 2 and new iPad. The later is a bit warmer than the former. Nothing hot!

Ipad 3 is no brainer,u get awesome apps,battery life,retina display,facetime,quad core gpu and butter smooth OS.iPAD means tablet!!! Heat is non issue

few good diffs I have noticed between Samsung Galaxy S phone and IPhone 4s
though this thread is only on tablet..

1. autowrap feature when you browse a website
Galaxy S scores here, while Iphone 4s doesn't have the feature
I am assuming the same would be in ipad also

2. in mobile: auto answering after few rings in Galaxy - this is very nice feature
- however this is absent in iphone 4s by default - probably if you jailbreak there could be some applications ( I have seen in web but even in that too only specific phone numbers)

few good diffs I have noticed between Samsung Galaxy S phone and IPhone 4s
though this thread is only on tablet..

1. autowrap feature when you browse a website
Galaxy S scores here, while Iphone 4s doesn't have the feature
I am assuming the same would be in ipad also

2. in mobile: auto answering after few rings in Galaxy - this is very nice feature
- however this is absent in iphone 4s by default - probably if you jailbreak there could be some applications ( I have seen in web but even in that too only specific phone numbers)

Ya the android(not Samsung) autowrap feature is awesome... But on the iOS u get the reader function... This gives u the option to read a web page like a Ebook ... I find this feature better than the auto wrap feature as when I am reading a blog or a news article all I can read is the content & I don't get distracted by the ads on the page...
Btw I feel for a few years now what has really defined a great exp on a mobile platform is the number of quality apps the platform has & here the iPad wins hands down ... If u have a tight budget of 15-17k then only go for the android tab... Anything above that is iPad all the way... If u hate apple with all ur heart & u don't want to buy a iPad then I feel asus transformer is the best android tablet provided u can find it at the right price...

Whoo!! So many apple fan's, not bad.

+1 form myself, go for the iPad, but one advice is avoid buying from India (both from store or onsite.) cause the price is crazily too high. Try sourcing it from US or MiddleEast or FarEast.

Cheers.

Yup get an ipad, i have an ipad3, and if you have a HTS setup, download the Constellation App, and you will probably never touch your XBMC setup again.

Android is evolving no doubt, but the dev support for Ipad is still the best. I have a OneX and Ipad 3 and Iphone, i still think Ipad for tablets is the way to go.

Also with CCK, i can plug in a 16 Gb card to my ipad and watch movies and listen songs from it, good alternative to more space requirement ;)

Whoo!! So many apple fan's, not bad.

+1 form myself, go for the iPad, but one advice is avoid buying from India (both from store or onsite.) cause the price is crazily too high. Try sourcing it from US or MiddleEast or FarEast.

Cheers.

Really?? I always thought the iPad was very well priced in India... The new iPad 3 is 30.5k in India while it is $499 + tax(6-9.5% depending on which state u are in the US)... If fact I think it's costlier in new York than it is in India if u go by today's conversion rate of 56.5 - 57 per dollar...

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back