Apple music to launch lossless streaming

Yes. AirPlay unfortunately does does not support hi-res, and Apple explicitly states hi-res playback needs a wired connection.
In the screenshot, Apple documentation does not say how on how to wire the iPhone to an external DaC.
My guess is something like Dragon Fly Cobalt should do the trick. On a side note, it's highly unlikely that you will notice any meaningful difference between 24/48 (Airplay2) and Hi-Res (24/96).

For hi-res, could anyone anyone tell how to connect the iPhone to Cambridge Audio CXN V2? It probably isn’t as simple as it looks. Thanks.
@SachinChavan, any idea? Thanks.
@Nagaraj S, as per my knowledge, CXN doesn’t allow connecting an iOS device directly via USB. It allows either a HDD (via local media USB port) or PC/Mac computers (via USB audio in). The only way to connect iOS devices to CXN I know is via AirPlay/Chromecast. And I doubt if that’d be possible in the future. I’d rather expect Apple to allow native play of Apple Music, like Tidal did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally. Lossless is active. However, I just feel that the overall ‘amplitude’ has been bumped up a bit with a sticker of ‘lossless’. Well, I was expecting a major change in resolution. Using DT770 pro and my trusted NAD stereo setup. Maybe I’ll sample a few more songs before writing this off as a gimmick.

What’s your experience so far?

Attachments

• 9939F3F3-9F5D-43B6-8225-6EF52C0CA2D2.png
    9939F3F3-9F5D-43B6-8225-6EF52C0CA2D2.png
    991.1 KB · Views: 16
Apple Lossless and Spatial Audio is Working flawlessly on MacBook, IPhone 12 pro and Apple TV 4k.
Not much inferior to Tidal in 2 Albums I listened to, but Tidal was streamed via Roon, So that may be a point of difference.
As expected Spatial Audio isn't that exciting, but let's see how it unfolds. The full screen lyrics is a good touch.

20210720_203938_compress81.jpg20210720_203926_compress38.jpg

Wouldn't be bad idea if we could share songs/albums/playlists with HiRes Lossless.

I got Besame Mucho by Andrea Bocelli and Princess Mononoke in HIRES so far.
A search for Hi-res playlist is not showing up results ?

It gives me 3 lists one of which is Hi-res playlist Emman which has Hotel California in 24-bit/192 khz ALAC.

It gives me 3 lists one of which is Hi-res playlist Emman which has Hotel California in 24-bit/192 khz ALAC.
When I search hires or lossless I don't get playlists. Only spatial audio playlist shows in lossless search! Could you share the playlist?

Also, no lossless when I stream to CCA.

I have seen so far if you select their Spatial playlist, depending on the device's capability, it automatically picks the right format (ATMOS/Lossless).

Please search for "Hi res playlist". In the results list, clicking on playlists tab on top gives quite a few playlists.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back