Apple music to launch lossless streaming

Thanks for the efforts and feedback @ssf. Guess I’d just wait till Apple can tweak its app to AirPlay ALAC.
No effort at all, Sachin. 2 decades or more of software development has me still looking for tweaks, installs and optimizations.

Even though it's been many many years since I have been out of development, things like these still gets me all excited.

What is going to be the benefit of apple lossless audio service for some one like me? I have xr and a Dolby atmos HT. Airplay not going to support so basically is this not something useless for now Atleast? I don’t find Apple Music app in nvidia shield. Not sure why since it’s available for all android Device. Any idea when Spotify will launch lossless service in India? Shield has Spotify May be some one like me can benefit from Spotify

Can all Android users collectively email Apple to release bit stream app? Make it a global push, Make people on all groups/forums to email them. If we all are game, let's push them, Make them take note.
Just get tidal from turkey instead of this hassle and after a few months get spotify hifi

Use tidal with either bubble upnp or uapp

Just get tidal from turkey instead of this hassle and after a few months get spotify hifi

Use tidal with either bubble upnp or uapp
You have a point. Apple is making it really hard for non apple users, um, audiophiles to enjoy lossless playback.

One thing i have observed on apple music... All relaxation tunes etc are low quality music files compared to them being hifi or master on tidal

Also there is no gapless playback on apple music!!! No loudness normalization either. As usual apple wants to decide everything and leaving no options and choice for subscribers.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-07-24-13-18-04-86_b842316e563230167e12cc31f5ffaf19.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-07-24-13-18-04-86_b842316e563230167e12cc31f5ffaf19.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
One thing i have observed on apple music... All relaxation tunes etc are low quality music files compared to them being hifi or master on tidal

Also there is no gapless playback on apple music!!! No loudness normalization either. As usual apple wants to decide everything and leaving no options and choice for subscribers.
Dude, please stop spreading misinformation.

iTunes supports gapless playback. I have been listening to gapless playback for a very long time and to reconfirm that i was a 100% certain, i played back anjunadeep 07 which is a DJ set of approx 2 hours and 37 minutes comprising of 34 tracks which are available on apple music both as an entire set as well as an album containing the 34 individual tracks. I know this set like the back of my hand having heard it a gazillion times over the course of the last 6 years and can absolutely confirm that the playback is 100% gapless. There is not even the subtlest of hints of a pause between tracks.

to reconfirm that i was not hearing things, i did a simple google search as well and apparently gapless playback has been supported since 2014.

and the volume normalisation function is called “sound check” which is available in preferences.

Isnt spreading wrong information with malicious intent to besmirch a certain product/company against forum rules(even though it may be a giant like apple)? At the very least spamming?

Last edited:

Is there ONE thing you like about Apple Music?

Dude, please stop spreading misinformation.

iTunes supports gapless playback. I have been listening to gapless playback for a very long time and to reconfirm that i was a 100% certain, i played back anjunadeep 07 which is a DJ set of approx 2 hours and 37 minutes comprising of 34 tracks which are available on apple music both as an entire set as well as an album containing the 34 individual tracks. I know this set like the back of my hand having heard it a gazillion times over the course of the last 6 years and can absolutely confirm that the playback is 100% gapless. There is not even the subtlest of hints of a pause between tracks.

to reconfirm that i was not hearing things, i did a simple google search as well and apparently gapless playback has been supported since 2014.

and the volume normalisation function is called “sound check” which is available in preferences.

Isnt spreading wrong information with malicious intent to besmirch a certain product/company against forum rules(even though it may be a giant like apple)? At the very least spamming?
<Deleted>

Android app of apple music doesn't have gapless playback. <Deleted>
? Also there is no option called sound check.

<Deleted>

Moderator note: please keep forum decorum

Last edited by a moderator:
<deleted due to inappropriate content>
You're apple music installation seems to have a lot of problems. Apple music on android has had gapless playback for a year. Maybe stop posting on this thread till you sort out whatever is wrong with your device or installation

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe stop posting on this thread till you sort out whatever is wrong with your device or installation
Haha yeah right and why should I not post problems pertaining to the said app in a thread dedicated to that app itself?

This is what I have observed till now on android app. If anyone can help will be great.

1. There is no sound check or in normal English loudness normalization
2 sometimes It requires lot of buffering to even load library it seems
3 There is no gapless
4 Most of the relaxation yoga and other piano singles are low quality not even cd quality forget hifi.

@SachinChavan one thing i like about abble music is that it is free for 3 months. So one doesn't end up wasting any money

@Pardeep Bansal unfortunately when I turn off crossfade like I had previously by default, the playback is not gapless

Last edited:
Haha yeah right and why should I not post problems pertaining to the said app in a thread dedicated to that app itself?

This is what I have observed till now on android app. If anyone can help will be great.

1. There is no gapless
2. There is no sound check or in normal English loudness normalization
3 sometimes It requires lot of buffering to even load library it seems
4 Most of the relaxation yoga and other piano singles are low quality not even cd quality forget hifi.

@SachinChavan one thing i like about abble music is that it is free for 3 months.

@Pardeep Bansal unfortunately when I turn off crossfade like I had previously by default, the playback is not gapless
I'm using apple music on an android phone and done have problems no 1 or 3 on your list. Haven't checked for loudness because I don't use it in any other music app. Can't comment on the library issue - it's not music I care about.

To me it seems either you have a really bad phone/installation or are just using this as an excuse to trash apple

or are just using this as an excuse to trash apple
Really? And what about the screenshots i shared to show how library was loading for minutes (top right mobile time) , are they an excuse too? , maybe they were photoshopped and provided to me by anti apple cell? You're really going all the way to disregard something you don't want to believe, even though i had provided evidence.

I had specifically posted time stamped screenshots along with a screenshot of my speed and connection for specifically users like you, who will call me a liar for saying anything bad about your apple

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back