Apple music to launch lossless streaming

Really? And what about the screenshots i shared to show how library was loading for minutes (top right mobile time) , are they an excuse too? , maybe they were photoshopped and provided to me by anti apple cell? You're really going all the way to disregard something you don't want to believe, even though i had provided evidence.

I had specifically posted time stamped screenshots along with a screenshot of my speed and connection for specifically users like you, who will call me a liar for saying anything bad about your apple
But see you are also not ready to accept that others using apple music app on Android don't face such issues.
I have posted on this thread before too that whatever you say about it being slow, I don't face any such issue

Really? And what about the screenshots i shared to show how library was loading for minutes (top right mobile time) , are they an excuse too? , maybe they were photoshopped and provided to me by anti apple cell? You're really going all the way to disregard something you don't want to believe, even though i had provided evidence.
Maybe Apple realises just how much you dislike them and are trolling you specifically, causing problems that other Android users dont face......

But see you are also not ready to accept that others using apple music app on Android don't face such issues.
I have posted on this thread before too that whatever you say about it being slow, I don't face any such issue
if it came across like that, I am sorry i must have not explained properly. I never said anything to disregard others experiences specifically on android devices, I categorically mentioned my experience. It is good for you of everything is working fine for you.

Also there is no gapless playback on apple music!!! No loudness normalization either. As usual apple wants to decide everything and leaving no options and choice for subscribers.

But isn’t this thread about ‘Apple’s Lossless Stream Launch’? Why bring up issues not related to the lossless launch here? How about starting another thread listing all your peeves about Apple Music?

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone on FB posted he is getting HiRes with a Samsung phone and Audioquest DF Black and Zen DAC. He shared photos of both the DACs too.

How can it be?
Isn't hi res just 16/44 which any dac can do.
Atleast that's what apple means
Apple master is 24/192

I can be wrong too

Hello,

Fianlly, Apple lossless, High Res Lossless, and Spatial audio is here in India.
Please share your experiences.
Interesting Links for audiophiles:

I am using apple music with fiio btr5. Via bluetooth it's ldac and via usb it's at 48k. Is there a way to get a higher bit rate or is this the max I can get on an android phone?

Phone is one plus 8 running Android 11.

MaSh

I am using apple music with fiio btr5. Via bluetooth it's ldac and via usb it's at 48k. Is there a way to get a higher bit rate or is this the max I can get on an android phone?

Phone is one plus 8 running Android 11.

MaSh
it's the DAC limitation I think...does it support 192khz?

Yes it does. Are you getting more than 48k while using apple music?

MaSh
Nope, I'm using realme x2 and I don't think it can push that limit :D until I get a USB DAC like tempotec to listen to lossless. I have fiio k3 for desktop but then Apple has no plan to give lossless to iTunes for Windows :(

as per Apple:
While the difference between AAC and lossless audio is virtually indistinguishable, we’re offering Apple Music subscribers the option to access music in lossless audio compression.
However, Bluetooth connections aren't lossless.
To listen to songs at sample rates higher than 48 kHz, you should need an external digital-to-analog converter.

as per Apple:
While the difference between AAC and lossless audio is virtually indistinguishable, we’re offering Apple Music subscribers the option to access music in lossless audio compression.
This is a self-goal to Apple. With a moderate system, one can distinguish between 256 bits AAC offered by Apple and the Lossless version (24/48) without much effort. They are sending a confusing message to their user base IMHO.

The thing is Apple is not in Apple Music to sell it and earn via it. For Apple Am is offered as a VAS to it's HW customer base and they wish to push even more HW to them via AM. Android AM is of not much consequence to them. These are my humble thoughts.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back