Apple music vs Spotify??

If you want to save time and Are looking for a simple and efficient way to transfer your music playlists and songs between different streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, and YouTube Music, then I highly recommend trying MusConv. I've been using it for the last 3 months.

If you want to save time and Are looking for a simple and efficient way to transfer your music playlists and songs between different streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, and YouTube Music, then I highly recommend trying MusConv. I've been using it for the last 3 months.
Thanks for this it looks interesting , will definitely be trying this

For me It depends on your preference but if you want to get a good description on this you can check out MusConv and if you decide to switch u can do it there

For me It depends on your preference but if you want to get a good description on this you can check out MusConv and if you decide to switch u can do it there
I only listen to apple music when streaming audio. Extensive library for the genres that I listen to. The high-res and lossless quality to my ears has improved over time. I was under the impression that it was the quality of the audio source over time that had become better. Then I realised that upgrading to IOS 14(I think) and now IOS 16.7.1 has also made a difference to audio quality even on downloaded files. The music app maybe getting better at audio rendering and the alac files may already be embedded with a good amount of the details anyways.

Its an interesting journey.

Manek

Apple Music is just incredibly convenient & wholesome. Though Spotify is not bad but it has clutter. Forget about sampling rates and hi res, these things are snake oil

I was using Apple Music for a very long time back then. I tried Spotify and its very easy interface, and for me, Spotify sounded better than AM. then I changed to Qobuz; it was another level of detail and sound quality, even if my DAC gives output only 16 bits. Recently, I cancelled the Qobuz subscription (which was expensive🙂) and went back to Spotify.

I was using Apple Music for a very long time back then. I tried Spotify and its very easy interface, and for me, Spotify sounded better than AM. then I changed to Qobuz; it was another level of detail and sound quality, even if my DAC gives output only 16 bits. Recently, I cancelled the Qobuz subscription (which was expensive🙂) and went back to Spotify.
Same story here. I did not renew my AM subscription which expired just two weeks back. I did try renewing the subscription but the silly errors from apple UPI interface has put for India made me loose total interest in renewing. What I find is atrocious is that apple tries to put a UPI mandate for 10 years of subscription. Spotify interface is too good and easy to control your playback on any device. Renewal is also a breeze.

Apple Music is just incredibly convenient & wholesome. Though Spotify is not bad but it has clutter. Forget about sampling rates and hi res, these things are snake oil
I'm not sure how Snake oil are produced, and not to offend , but to have some insight on audio engineering I did go thru some lectures which are available for couple of coffee and some time ( udemy ) . I just , felt snake oil being thrown on all those excellent Audio engineers who just made the digital audio a reality.
Ever heard computer audio in late early 90s - they did sound like the one you still get to hear in all those children's toys and those photo frame with bhajans etc.

I'm not sure how Snake oil are produced, and not to offend , but to have some insight on audio engineering I did go thru some lectures which are available for couple of coffee and some time ( udemy ) . I just , felt snake oil being thrown on all those excellent Audio engineers who just made the digital audio a reality.
Ever heard computer audio in late early 90s - they did sound like the one you still get to hear in all those children's toys and those photo frame with bhajans etc.
You mean to say you can hear difference between192 khz and say 48 khz at 24 bits?

oh No, no way ,
so , this is snake oil if I can't make out the difference?
Good to know.
It is difficult to categorise it as snake oil because you can see the difference in an oscilloscope. But for human ears, there will be no difference.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back