Are there any Klipsch Forte III Owners

The RP8000F per se are good speakers and have heard them with Roksan and Rotel. Although the Klipsch are generally synonymous as Rock n Roll speakers, I did not find them to have the famous "Sizzling Treble" the Klipsch are reputed to have. You may have considered that the Denon may be causing the issues. I have no experience when it comes to AVR's, but would Audessy on the Denon help?
Hi Mayank

I have the same feeling that Denon is not able to properly drive the towers, irrespective of its capability to drive the speakers though. Yes I have done the room calibration with Audyssey, when I switch to direct or Pure Direct mode, towers get totally lifeless, volume level drops and sound crap. Audyssey is the boosting power as of now.

Hi Vivek, Sean from Zerofidelity channel had reviewed these speakers recently. He normally gives very honest opinions about the gear he reviews. Do have a look at it. He speaks about how finicky these are w.r.t placement, toe-in, equipment matching, refinement etc. From the look of it, you shouldn't be going for a blind buy based on subjective opinion. Good luck :)
Thanks Sandeep. I am even reluctant to buy these without a proper demo.

Hi Mayank

I have the same feeling that Denon is not able to properly drive the towers, irrespective of its capability to drive the speakers though. Yes I have done the room calibration with Audyssey, when I switch to direct or Pure Direct mode, towers get totally lifeless, volume level drops and sound crap. Audyssey is the boosting power as of now.
Maybe you could do a factory reset of the Denon, upgrade the firmware and then start afresh.

Maybe you could do a factory reset of the Denon, upgrade the firmware and then start afresh.
OP has tried a lot of things.
It seems like the current Klipsch is not to his ears liking or Denon+Klipsch just doesn't do the trick.
From the picture, have said this before, I still feel the speakers can be made to sing with placement/positioning.
But it may require several attempts and rearrangement of furniture.
Your suggestion on an IA/pre-pwr is also worth a try, if not explored already.

Cheers,
Raghu

If I had the 8000F mainly for 2ch, I would ditch the Denon and get a nice pre and power amp. Even a good Integrated around 80 - 100 watts/ch would suffice given its above-average sensitivity of 92 dB.
I am hunting for the same. I am trying to build up following things. I know its too much in one go but thats my intent now. I am looking for a one brand solution for the following equipment a network player for streaming/laptop/wireless source, a dac, pre and power amp and a cd player intention to purchase in the same order as mentioned. I am currently in a situation that I have found some quality issue with my RP-8000F and hoping to get a replacement (claim already submitted with dealer/distributor). I may have an option to pick the same pair or upgrade in Klipsch only as my dealer has Dali/Polk as other option. Those I am not interested in and might not get an option to pick Dali/Polk due to price difference.

My options are really constrained to Klipsch. But for sure I won't be using Denon anymore.

OP has tried a lot of things.
It seems like the current Klipsch is not to his ears liking or Denon+Klipsch just doesn't do the trick.
From the picture, have said this before, I still feel the speakers can be made to sing with placement/positioning.
But it may require several attempts and rearrangement of furniture.
Your suggestion on an IA/pre-pwr is also worth a try, if not explored already.

Cheers,
Raghu
Hi Raghu

You have been with me during this phase of frustration that I am currently going through. In my opinion I have exhausted all the possible combinations with respect to placement of the equipment as well as furniture. I have to find something that fits well in the current space, and my current equipment doesn't seem to be ideal for that.

try a tube buffer probably will cost 4to9k they will give you the mids back! search for fx audio or tube buffer on amazon or try aliexpress

i would not recommend a tube buffer, its meant more for impedence mismatch between Source and Amplifiers, you might be better of by the Audessey DSP.
An on the original topic, most of the Klipsch heritage models like Forte are better run with good tube amplification ( preferably SETs)

i would not recommend a tube buffer, its meant more for impedence mismatch between Source and Amplifiers, you might be better of by the Audessey DSP.
An on the original topic, most of the Klipsch heritage models like Forte are better run with good tube amplification ( preferably SETs)
Thats what I have been getting from the Forte Owners and dealers

Thats what I have been getting from the Forte Owners and dealers
try audysey or try the tube buffer if you are intrested maybe i can send mine to you for a trial... try changing cables as well some cables and interconnects do suppress the highs my vdh actually does!

try audysey or try the tube buffer if you are intrested maybe i can send mine to you for a trial... try changing cables as well some cables and interconnects do suppress the highs my vdh actually does!
Hey

Thanks a lot for the offer. I have sold my Denon4500H AVR. No more experiments and speakers I am going to return. So at the moment I can not try anything at home. :) I am now starting from scratch to build 2 channel system. The first step is speakers as I will get Klipsch in return be it any model.

Hey

Thanks a lot for the offer. I have sold my Denon4500H AVR. No more experiments and speakers I am going to return. So at the moment I can not try anything at home. :) I am now starting from scratch to build 2 channel system. The first step is speakers as I will get Klipsch in return be it any model.
Even with your current Speakers, Virens Amp (Maybe the GM70 based one) will do very well...and it will do well with any later upgrade to Klipsch speakers as well. I personally love the Klipsch Horn and the La Scala paired with an SET

Even with your current Speakers, Virens Amp (Maybe the GM70 based one) will do very well...and it will do well with any later upgrade to Klipsch speakers as well. I personally love the Klipsch Horn and the La Scala paired with an SET
Once I finalize the speakers, my plan is to go for totally separates. Most likely a tube pre amp and a SS power amp.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back