Are there any Klipsch Forte III Owners

Interestingly, how did u narrow down on the Klipsch forte btw? Were these speakers recommended to you by someone or was it just your choice?

Interestingly, how did u narrow down on the Klipsch forte btw? Were these speakers recommended to you by someone or was it just your choice?
Don't ask me bro. I had a long fight and many sleepless nights over it. In short found a defect in RP 8000F asked dealer to take those back and give me something else. FORTE was my love since long so now somehow getting those.

My belief in Forte is strengthen by the fact that the mid driver is also horn based. The mids were miserably missed by me in RP 8000F so hoping for some magic with Forte and right kind of equipment.

Good luck buddy. I only asked because in that particular price range you would have had plenty of options. Hence just wanted to know how you zeroed in on the forte. Thanks!

Good luck buddy. I only asked because in that particular price range you would have had plenty of options. Hence just wanted to know how you zeroed in on the forte. Thanks!
The Dealer was hell bent on replacing Klipsch with Klipsch so Forte were the best bet that I could afford otherwise I was eying just launched Cornwall IV. I had also thought accepting RP 8000F as replacement and selling it off just after that but I know very well now how difficult it is to sell something specially bulky stuff. So literally had no option.

Last edited:
Karan and First Watt are at opposite ends of the sonic spectrum.

Yeah, you may be right but, I look at hifi from, probably, different angle. Every equipment in the chain (including cabling and power supply) hides something and adds their own to the signal. And in my experience these are the brands that do less of these two to the signal.

My guess is Karan will make the Fortes sound harsh as its too highly powered used for less sensitive speakers. I have heard it at Franck Tchangs house a couple of years back with Accuton drivers ( forgot the speakers) and last year with a prototype speaker of his.

First watt might work but again would not risk it blind. Tube amps are the best bet. Cables is not something to worry about at this stage...that can come later. Any decent stranded copper cable is good enough till the amp and speaker is confirmed.

Dear FMs

I have opened a new thread to match equipment with Fortes. So we can move there may be?

Thanks bro. Currently waiting for the pickup from the shop to home. Phone camera pic too big to upload. Will unbox at home still in wooden cage
I read the entire chain of your struggle. What a journey & those advices, suggestions, comments from the experts !!!
I must say, I am really excited if not as you might be about your achievement. Shall wait eagerly to see the pics and hear more from you.

I read the entire chain of your struggle. What a journey & those advices, suggestions, comments from the experts !!!
I must say, I am really excited if not as you might be about your achievement. Shall wait eagerly to see the pics and hear more from you.
Good to know that you were with me passively though :)

Can't wait anymore to share the gorgeous ones. Make shift arrangement with a borrowed Yamaha V-685 AVR. Trust me it sounds better than Denon + Klipsch which I had earlier. No more shrill and lean sound at all. My first track was "What a wonderful world" by Louis Armstrong. If you listen to that say on phone Louis Armstrong sounds harsh but not at all on the lovely Fortes. Cant hold my horses.
Forte.jpg

Last edited:
Wonderful and congratulations !! Being horns, does klipsh recommend a min distance from speaker to listener ? Usually it's 10 ft for Horns

Wonderful and congratulations !! Being horns, does klipsh recommend a min distance from speaker to listener ? Usually it's 10 ft for Horns
Well I think at least 10 feet should be rule of thumb. Klipsch recommends distance of 1 feet fr back wall though. Not the listening distance.

Back