Are there any Klipsch Forte III Owners

Congratulations Vivek !!
now waiting for your other components to join !
Thanks bro.
That's The difficult part. So far I have not been able to decide on tubes or solid state and for the shortlisted brands, no demo is available. But from my first impressions with moderate Yamaha, I think Fortes are pretty easy to drive.

The biggest satisfaction is they are not lean and thin sounding. I don't know it was Denon or the RP 8000F. So far happy

Thanks bro.
That's The difficult part. So far I have not been able to decide on tubes or solid state and for the shortlisted brands, no demo is available. But from my first impressions with moderate Yamaha, I think Fortes are pretty easy to drive.
I know . . . Mumbai is the closest hub for checking and testing these goodies.
Even in Delhi NCR, even though there are some good HiFi dealers & shop, don't have these tubes or the ones that you might be really keen in. They mostly have fast-moving-gears.
So, as suggested by many during the months of Sep or (was it Aug), do plan a short visit to Mumbai. It's worth the effort.
>>Don't wait for them to form the govt. hehe<<

I know . . . Mumbai is the closest hub for checking and testing these goodies.
Even in Delhi NCR, even though there are some good HiFi dealers & shop, don't have these tubes or the ones that you might be really keen in. They mostly have fast-moving-gears.
So, as suggested by many during the months of Sep or (was it Aug), do plan a short visit to Mumbai. It's worth the effort.
>>Don't wait for them to form the govt. hehe<<
Right, yup already in touch with designer audio for Luxman and another one for PS Audio.

sound by design Gurgaon - has sonneteer amplifiers
and bass and treble - last i visited has tube amps too

Do try these dealers out locally..

The Sonneteer Alabaster is a nice amp and so is their Orton..

you might find something closer t home and might like them as well..

Maybe they can spare the amp for audition at your place - discuss with them possibly

Good Luck.

Choose. Well.

sound by design Gurgaon - has sonneteer amplifiers
and bass and treble - last i visited has tube amps too

Do try these dealers out locally..

The Sonneteer Alabaster is a nice amp and so is their Orton..

you might find something closer t home and might like them as well..

Maybe they can spare the amp for audition at your place - discuss with them possibly

Good Luck.

Choose. Well.
Hi mpw

I had a word with Sid from Sound BY Design he suggested the same amp that you have mentioned but highly overpriced. Indeed I am going to visit him soon.

The biggest satisfaction is they are not lean and thin sounding. I don't know it was Denon or the RP 8000F. So far happy
Satisfaction.That’s the most important part behind your search .
Congratulations and enjoy music.
Best of luck for the amplifier hunt.
Do let us know when you have got one.

Satisfaction.That’s the most important part behind your search .
Congratulations and enjoy music.
Best of luck for the amplifier hunt.
Do let us know when you have got one.
Thanks. Yes satisfaction is the deciding factor. I am not after accuracy/brand but just what pleases me the most.

Congrats Vivek Batra. The Forte is a very nice speaker. Just fly down to Dubai and get the PrimaLuna. Will probably work out the cheapest.
Thanks Prem. I had a word with Adil from Dubai Audio. They have only prologue series in stock. If I decide to go for Primaluna then definitely importing is cheaper than local prices. I have taken price form Belgium as well and the seller ships free of cost and even after paying duty still cheaper than Indian price

Congrats on your new speakers sir.

I agree the indian prices are on higher side but it is what it is

Keep one thing in mind.
Incase of the amplifier requiring any repairs, the indian dealer won't even do a paid repair job if it's not purchased from them.

Have experienced this personally and it's a standard practice.

Infact now a days even Samsung India refuses to reapir TV's bought from abroad

Congrats on your new speakers sir.

I agree the indian prices are on higher side but it is what it is

Keep one thing in mind.
Incase of the amplifier requiring any repairs, the indian dealer won't even do a paid repair job if it's not purchased from them.

Have experienced this personally and it's a standard practice.

Infact now a days even Samsung India refuses to reapir TV's bought from abroad
Hey Rikhav

Thanks. But please don't call me "SIR" :) . I might be younger than you :D. Just first name is OK and nothing wrong in addressing some one by his/her first name. That's the point either one can save money and hope to remain lucky for rest of the life of the product or waste all the money spent in a hope to save. For instance I asked Sugden dealer in Kolkata that in case of any servicing what do they do. They said they will send the product back to UK. I mean come on that's not at all feasible for the customer.Same is with Luxman they want it to be shipped to Mumbai.

Things like this are making it difficult to decide. I think I am gonna take a break for sometime and decide on amp with utmost peace of mind.

Pl check with PrimaLuna if they will service an amp not bought from their Indian dealer. Some manufacturers don’t. Recently I was looking for an amp that worked out much cheaper when bought in Europe. But the manufacturer said he will not service it since I am not buying from their Indian dealer. This is a practice with many small manufacturers because they want to provide dealers their support.

So the only way I could get that amp serviced if something went wrong would be to ship it to the dealer in Europe. He in turn would ship to the company. My shipping costs would become insane. I naturally did not buy the amp

The PrimaLuna is a bit of a complicated amp. That’s the reason I went with Quicksilver since it’s a very simple design with just 5 or 6 parts with point to point wiring and can be easily serviced by any decent technician here in India.

Hey Rikhav

Thanks. But please don't call me "SIR" :) . I might be younger than you :D. Just first name is OK and nothing wrong in addressing some one by his/her first name. That's the point either one can save money and hope to remain lucky for rest of the life of the product or waste all the money spent in a hope to save. For instance I asked Sugden dealer in Kolkata that in case of any servicing what do they do. They said they will send the product back to UK. I mean come on that's not at all feasible for the customer.Same is with Luxman they want it to be shipped to Mumbai.

Things like this are making it difficult to decide. I think I am gonna take a break for sometime and decide on amp with utmost peace of mind.

But Vivek that is with any brand of amplifier except for AVRs which would be selling 20 times more

No way it is possible for any distributor to have a service centre in all major cities

The market of niche 2 channel audio is so small in India .

Infact even in USA they want anything to be shipped back to their factory.

Any 2 channel equipment not from Mass market manufacturer will have this one problem.

In return you get much better product and exclusivity comparing mass market brands

Pl check with PrimaLuna if they will service an amp not bought from their Indian dealer. Some manufacturers don’t. Recently I was looking for an amp that worked out much cheaper when bought in Europe. But the manufacturer said he will not service it since I am not buying from their Indian dealer. This is a practice with many small manufacturers because they want to provide dealers their support.

So the only way I could get that amp serviced if something went wrong would be to ship it to the dealer in Europe. He in turn would ship to the company. My shipping costs would become insane. I naturally did not buy the amp

The PrimaLuna is a bit of a complicated amp. That’s the reason I went with Quicksilver since it’s a very simple design with just 5 or 6 parts with point to point wiring and can be easily serviced by any decent technician here in India.
Its a kinda compulsion imposed by dealers here that if you don'y buy for me then do not expect anything back. Indian custom rules are so weird that they charge duty even on products sent for repairs.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back