At last my Hi-Fi

Naren

Hi,

It took three years for me to add bit by bit the gears I love today.I spent 1.4Lakhs to get this budget set-up sing.I am treated by the refind and tube like sound.With Azur 640A-V2 as source passing through MF X-10V3 to Azur 640C-V2 and finaly out through Wharfedale 75Anniversery 9.1.Speaker cable and interconnects are the high end of QED.

This is my first Hi-Fi.I am surprised all my plan worked out to be a sweet sound.;)

Last edited:
Congratulations.

What are the other options that you checked before choosing CA. I am still at the speaker stage. Did you check Marantz and are there any specific reasons you choose CA over that.

Can you also give the price break-up.

Hi. Congrats on completing your setup. Can you throw some details on the speaker stands.
Where did you buy and how much did they cost.

Hi srramanujam,

Initialy I bought the CA 640C player after reading great reveiws.Later to achive better sync i took the matching CA640A.Both these are real value for mony options.They sound best in matching pair.

Hi RAC,

The speaker stand is made in Malaysia.I took them last week when I visited KL.I payed equalant to Rs.6020/.I liked the fit and finish of this stand which looks like the Target.

Hi srramanujam,

I missed the price thing,look in the attachment.

Last edited:
Hi,

It took three years for me to add bit by bit the gears I love today.I spent 1.4Lakhs to get this budget set-up sing.I am treated by the refind and tube like sound.With Azur 640A-V2 as source passing through MF X-10V3 to Azur 640C-V2 and finaly out through Wharfedale 75Anniversery 9.1.Speaker cable and interconnects are the high end of QED.

This is my first Hi-Fi.I am surprised all my plan worked out to be a sweet sound.;)

Congratulations Naren. The setup looks good. Enjoy!

Regards,
Muthusami. S

Hi Venkatcr,

Thank you.

I like all that sounds good from Tamil film songs to Classics,Jazz,Rock and Pop.

Nice setup but positioned wrongly. In the current state, soundstaging and imaging will be poor because of that wooden showcase in the middle. Please pull the speakers further into the room by atleast 3-4 meters.

Nice setup but positioned wrongly. In the current state, soundstaging and imaging will be poor because of that wooden showcase in the middle. Please pull the speakers further into the room by atleast 3-4 meters.

Thank you.I accept that the placement is poor,but the space around my hall is limited.I would love to have a big & wide sound stage.I will consider shifting my rented house in near future.

My mistake - I meant around 3-4 feet. I'm intrigued by your choice of spending close to Rs 30000 for a tube buffer and then going for an integrated. Any reason why you didn't get a Tube Pre+Solid State Power or a higher end CA amp like the 840A?

Nitpicks aside its a very well balanced setup. Would love to get an audition :).

could you give more info on the output buffer - musical fidelity which you use ... is this a tube amp ??

Yes,The MF X-10V3 is a tube output buffer.It does wonders with any budget DVD/CDP.It does not amplify the signal instead induces high impedence to the source in my case the Azur 640A.This improves the sound quality from the source.

My mistake - I meant around 3-4 feet. I'm intrigued by your choice of spending close to Rs 30000 for a tube buffer and then going for an integrated. Any reason why you didn't get a Tube Pre+Solid State Power or a higher end CA amp like the 840A?

Nitpicks aside its a very well balanced setup. Would love to get an audition :).

I took this buffer after reading several reveiws.I hunted every where and finaly Audio People-Chennai became the MF dealer and I was first to take any MF product from them.
This was a limited edition.Uses two tubes for each channel.A simple way to enjoy Tube sound, eliminating the digital harshness.
My initial plan was for a Pre-Power,but for time being took CA640A on tight budget.

I welcome you for the audition.Please call me on 97413 51490 to ensure I am available.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back