Atmos & UDH4K status on Xbox/FireTV/Shield Pro/ATV 4K /Others - OTT content

Thanks, that settles it then. Somehow ATV4K is able to get DA/1080p unlike FTV 2020 for some reason - at least on Prime.

Thanks, that settles it then. Somehow ATV4K is able to get DA/1080p unlike FTV 2020 for some reason - at least on Prime.
Wait, my bad.
The atv 4k does Atmos on NF even if connected to a 1080p sink- this I can personally confirm

I haven't tried prime with 1080p on atv4k so not sure if that will work with Atmos

Cant see any title with atmos on prime.i am using atv and sending audio directly to homepods.it plays automatically with da.

PXL_20201220_142355315.jpg

4K and 5.1 on Disney Hotstar+ via FireTV 4K

Tried it in Shield TV Pro, surprisingly the streaming quality was too bad for Disney+ Hotstar.

@Ketan , if you do get the shield, i would be more than happy to take that ATV4K off your hands :)
Sure, my Shield TV pro on its way. I'm not 100% sure on removing the ATV4K as yet, but I shall surely let you know when I do. Shield should be with me by second week of Jan.

I have Hotstar VIP. I want to know do the premium plan allow 4K with Dolby Vision, thinking of upgrading just for Dolby Vision.

I have Hotstar VIP. I want to know do the premium plan allow 4K with Dolby Vision, thinking of upgrading just for Dolby Vision.
Not worth it,they r doing some gimmick. When I checked the video info,it still says 1080p although their menu says DV.
Hotstar as always takes Indians for granted...

Hello everyone!

Has anyone got proper verified 4K resolution working for the Ultra 4K titles available on Netflix?

I noticed in the "info pop up" while streaming a 4K title on Netflix (using Xbox One S and also on a 4K LG TV) that it does not go beyond 15.25 Mbps/ 2160 pixel resolution. Ideally if its a proper 4K, shouldn't it show 3840 pixel in resolution?

Anyone who see a 3840 verified resolution using Netflix on any streaming device?

netflix.jpeg

Hello everyone!

Has anyone got proper verified 4K resolution working for the Ultra 4K titles available on Netflix?

I noticed in the "info pop up" while streaming a 4K title on Netflix (using Xbox One S and also on a 4K LG TV) that it does not go beyond 15.25 Mbps/ 2160 pixel resolution. Ideally if its a proper 4K, shouldn't it show 3840 pixel in resolution?

Anyone who see a 3840 verified resolution using Netflix on any streaming device?

View attachment 54231
I believe this is due to the 21:9 aspect ratio of the source. If it's 16:9, you should get the full 3840 pixels.

Tried the 16:9 format also but doesn't go beyond 2160
Check this, pretty interesting.

Difference between Ultra HD and 4K​

Technically, "Ultra High Definition" is actually a derivation of the 4K digital cinema standard. However while your local multiplex shows images in native 4096 x 2160 4K resolution, the new Ultra HD consumer format has a slightly lower resolution of 3840 x 2160.

This is one reason why some brands prefer not to use the 4K label at all, sticking with Ultra HD or UHD instead. However, the numerical shorthand looks likely to stick.

What is 4K resolution? Our guide to Ultra HD viewing | TechRadar

Check this, pretty interesting.

Difference between Ultra HD and 4K​

Technically, "Ultra High Definition" is actually a derivation of the 4K digital cinema standard. However while your local multiplex shows images in native 4096 x 2160 4K resolution, the new Ultra HD consumer format has a slightly lower resolution of 3840 x 2160.

This is one reason why some brands prefer not to use the 4K label at all, sticking with Ultra HD or UHD instead. However, the numerical shorthand looks likely to stick.

What is 4K resolution? Our guide to Ultra HD viewing | TechRadar
While this is all confusing, the world is already getting ready for 8K :))

I really wish someone confirms to see Netflix streaming stats show "3840" otherwise I will assume that their "2160" did mean "3840X2160"
During the chat with support at Netflix (what a waste of time) they never mentioned that 2160 is their version of 4K

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back