Atmos & UDH4K status on Xbox/FireTV/Shield Pro/ATV 4K /Others - OTT content

any idea how to check the streaming stats of Netflix on Nvidia Shield TV?
I was exploring this some time back. Not possible via remote. Attach a keyboard(wired or wireless) to Shield TV. When streaming press F5 key, this turns on stats. to Turn off press F5 again

it was F5 or F4.Dont exactly recall right now as did it sometime back just to experiment. Try both ,one of them should work :)

Is there any "one size fits all" box out there? Something that does 4K, HDR, DV, etc on the video side and all Dolby and DTS formats on the audio side? For both streaming content and local files over NAS and PC PLEX server? I don't have a 4K display. Does that mean I won't get DA from the streaming content?
As you can see, I'm pretty confused here. Any help is appreciated.

Is there any "one size fits all" box out there? Something that does 4K, HDR, DV, etc on the video side and all Dolby and DTS formats on the audio side? For both streaming content and local files over NAS and PC PLEX server? I don't have a 4K display. Does that mean I won't get DA from the streaming content?
Xbox Series X (recently launched) shall tick many points probably
Video - 4K, DV, HDR etc
Audio - Bitstream Out

Xbox One doesn't have DV

Nvidia Shiled pro does all of that

I got mine from the USA. Even if you pay duty, it's a product that's worth the 30k
Yes I have been using 2017 Model but using it mostly to play large mkv files.
Streaming point of view, as I mentioned in first post itself .. its did not rank top in my setup and testing

Xbox Series X (recently launched) shall tick many points probably
Video - 4K, DV, HDR etc
Audio - Bitstream Out

Xbox One doesn't have DV
Not very sure about xbox One, but Xbox One X seems to have DV/DA. The only problem is I need to check the status again, they had a bug where any audio was packed in atmos container by default.
However, without the proper remote, its not going to be a great streaming device.
I'm using Nvidia shield tv pro (2019) for about a month now, looks to be a great all in one device to me. I'm yet to work on some config settings and some Plex server settings as well to get the best set up for local media.

Not very sure about xbox One, but Xbox One X seems to have DV/DA. The only problem is I need to check the status again, they had a bug where any audio was packed in atmos container by default.
However, without the proper remote, its not going to be a great streaming device.
I'm using Nvidia shield tv pro (2019) for about a month now, looks to be a great all in one device to me. I'm yet to work on some config settings and some Plex server settings as well to get the best set up for local media.
yes kind of a bug, if you chose the bitstream out format to be atmos in settings.. while watching any content you will see all the content on AVR information showing "atmos". I am not very sure if this universal atmos upmix is actually real or not but I can tell you for sure that during my testing (several times) the quality of sound while streaming Netflix and Prime is THE best using Xbox One S (at least for me). The difference while comparing with Shile TV Pro (2017) and FireTV 4K is very much audible to anyone.

yes kind of a bug, if you chose the bitstream out format to be atmos in settings.. while watching any content you will see all the content on AVR information showing "atmos". I am not very sure if this universal atmos upmix is actually real or not but I can tell you for sure that during my testing (several times) the quality of sound while streaming Netflix and Prime is THE best using Xbox One S (at least for me). The difference while comparing with Shile TV Pro (2017) and FireTV 4K is very much audible to anyone.
Okay. When you use Xbox One S for Prime Video, do you have the Xbox audio set to Dolby Atmos! There is one thing that I have experienced that with Xbox One X, the overall audio was way loud when compared to what ATV4K was producing for the exact same movie (I guess I was testing one from Netflix). Initially I thought Xbox One X is performing better but I'm confused if its using some weird way of producing the audio and in the process making it so loud.

Okay. When you use Xbox One S for Prime Video, do you have the Xbox audio set to Dolby Atmos! There is one thing that I have experienced that with Xbox One X, the overall audio was way loud when compared to what ATV4K was producing for the exact same movie (I guess I was testing one from Netflix). Initially I thought Xbox One X is performing better but I'm confused if its using some weird way of producing the audio and in the process making it so loud.
Yes the sound is louder on Prime and even Netflix while streaming through Xbox One S (output set to bitstream out in Dolby)
Its louder and its better, the details & the bass specially. Dialogues have much more "cinematic weight", the surrounds are "rightly loud" and appropriately engaged.

Yes the sound is louder on Prime and even Netflix while streaming through Xbox One S (output set to bitstream out in Dolby)
Its louder and its better, the details & the bass specially. Dialogues have much more "cinematic weight", the surrounds are "rightly loud" and appropriately engaged.
Woww, this is something new i got to know today. I was under the impression that ATV 4K is the best in audio and video when it comes to streaming. But, here Xbox one X seems to perform better.
Thanks @Ketan & @ankitbhargava

Hello members,

I have one query. Is Disney+hotstar premium not available in dolby atmos for Indian consumers? I am using Nvidia shield 2017 version and could not see atmos logo in "The Mandalorian" nor "The falcon & Winter Soldier".

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back