Audio Quality: Streaming Vs Blu ray Vs Ripped

Ok Guys.

Some updates here. I looked in my HDD and was able to find some movies which had DTS-HD audio. Connected the HDD to my BD Player (purposefully) and checked the audio quality. WOW! I was blown away with the output! Amazing surround sound efects! Clear SQ! I also for the first time got the option of DTS-HD MSTR on my AVR as well. Have never seen this option even when playing the original BDs that I have though many of my BDs say DTS-HD MSTR on them, but never got the desired effect.

Now I am wondering that the BDs I have purchased are fake ones??

I really still can't believe becuase over and over I have tried looking at the cover packaging and the discs and I could not find one way which would show that these BDs are fakes (or not the original ones).

So what do you have to say? Any suggestions??

Regards,

Pushkaraj

Connected the HDD to my BD Player (purposefully) and checked the audio quality. WOW! I was blown away with the output! Amazing surround sound efects! Clear SQ! I also for the first time got the option of DTS-HD MSTR on my AVR as well. Have never seen this option even when playing the original BDs that I have though many of my BDs say DTS-HD MSTR on them, but never got the desired effect.

If with the same audio settings on your BR player, you are able to get DTS-HDMA on your AVR with BR Rips and not with Discs, then your audio settings are right and Discs don't have DTS-HDMA..

What codec was showing on the AVR display, when you play BR Discs?..

Ok Guys.

Some updates here. I looked in my HDD and was able to find some movies which had DTS-HD audio. Connected the HDD to my BD Player (purposefully) and checked the audio quality. WOW! I was blown away with the output! Amazing surround sound efects! Clear SQ! I also for the first time got the option of DTS-HD MSTR on my AVR as well. Have never seen this option even when playing the original BDs that I have though many of my BDs say DTS-HD MSTR on them, but never got the desired effect.

I really still can't believe becuase over and over I have tried looking at the cover packaging and the discs and I could not find one way which would show that these BDs are fakes (or not the original ones).

Regards,

Pushkaraj
Hi,

Can you post images of back cover of BDs?

In both Netflix and Prime I am not able to get the Dolby+ audio on any of their content but I get the Dolby audio on all airtel HD channels. My amp is Onkyo 3300. I have fiddled with all settings but not able to get Dolby in Netflix and Prime. Any suggestions?

@mathan are you using firestick or PC to stream netflix and prime?
I read in amazon's FAQ that firestick supports true 5.1 for both netflix and prime, while PC or app stream only supports stereo in prime not sure about netflix.

That is a good link and explained everything on 5.1 audio on Netflix and Prime. Thanks for that. Now I am sure Netflix and Prime will not stream in 5.1 audio in my android TV box since they are not officially listed to do so. I however think it will stream 5.1 audio through Xbox 360 which is lying around and I will test and update.

if you get prime to work xbox 360 do update this thread. Netflix works fine but not able to get prime on xbox 360

Ok Guys.

Regards,

Pushkaraj
Hi,
On BD there should be an audio or Language setting. Check if Master audio or True HD selected or not.

if you get prime to work xbox 360 do update this thread. Netflix works fine but not able to get prime on xbox 360
Netflix works flawless with 5.1 audio out on XBOX 360 however no luck with Amazon prime as I am not even able to install the app. When I try to install the app it just disappears and get a blue screen on TV. Will try again and update.

Netflix works flawless with 5.1 audio out on XBOX 360 however no luck with Amazon prime as I am not even able to install the app. When I try to install the app it just disappears and get a blue screen on TV. Will try again and update.

Well I have faced similar issues. I was able to connect through VPN and install Amazon Instant Video app and was getting 5.1 audio but the content was limited to the US content which wa available for overseas customers in reality had only a handful of TV shows, movies.

I retried to install the amazon video app after it was updated but was unable to do so. The app never installs and always shows a corrupted download.

Here is some info on the usual download file..

o3Oomng.jpg

The Red box represents a 1080p file with Atmos soundtrack - Approx 9 GB

The Blue Box represents a 2160P file with Atmos soundtrack (Remux file) - Approx 60 GB..

In both the files, only the video quality is the difference (1080p Vs 2160p).. Audio file size is the same in both the files, which is the same as BR Disc (lossless)..

w.r.t video quality, yes there is difference.. you just have to use your discretion for highest file size..
Hi @elongoas - How did you get this data / which app did you use? TIA

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back