Audio Setup - Need Advice

shreerang

Hi ,

Need some advice on what I should be buying to listen to pure audio. 2.1 kinds.
Audio input's going to be mostly CD's and an ipod.

Budget around 50K , need to listen only to music of all kinds , no specific genre as such. Whats a good setup and also a good place to buy in Pune.

Suggestions invited !

Cheers,
Shree.

for a stereo setup you dont really need a 2.1 system. a 2.0 would suffice. so youre doing away with the sub. unless you listen to hardcore hip hop:)

for speakers a good pair of bookshelves is better at that price. will give you much better sq. try the wharfedales, monitor audio bronze and kef iq series. the ushers are supposed to be very good too at the price point. once you select the speakers you'll need an amp to match it. nad, cambridge, marantz are all good.

Hi ,

Budget around 50K , need to listen only to music of all kinds , no specific genre as such. Whats a good setup and also a good place to buy in Pune.

Suggestions invited !

Cheers,
Shree.
Decission between FS or BS is dependent on your room size. So room size plz...??

Hi Shree,
Considering 50k budget I have following suggestion for you:
1. CDP: Marantz 6002 (@ 20k approx)
2. Norge-2060 Int amp (@ 7.5k approx)
3. Usher S520 Bookshelf spkr (@ 24k approx)... Don't think about Floorstanders in this budget. None will match SQ of Usher 520 in 24k.

When budget permits you, upgrade the amp to Marantz 7003 (@ 35k approx) > even better amps till 75k range (Ushers and Marantz have sufficient performance to do justice to an amp till 75k range, without the need to upgrade them)

P.S: If you have strong preference for Bass-heavy, velvet soft, laid-back sound, then replace the Usher S520 with Wharfedale 9.2 (@15k approx)

Regds,

Hi ,

Suggestions invited !

Cheers,
Shree.

Hi Shree,
Considering 50k budget I have following suggestion for you:
3. Usher S520 Bookshelf spkr (@ 24k approx)... Don't think about Floorstanders in this budget. None will match SQ of Usher 520 in 24k.

Regds,

you can get Usher S520@18k from a forum member ......check the Sale by owner section...............:clapping:

Hi ,

Suggestions invited !

Cheers,
Shree.

shreerang

there are a couple of decent threads here on the forum that will help you mkae an informed decsion for speakers
they also have refence to amplifiers and CDPs
there are two threads that i have the link to here they are

this thread is started by a fellow hifier who goes by the nickname physchotropic
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/5121-favourite-speakers-under-inr-20k.html

the other is
http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/3332-budget-speakers-auditioned-noobs-take.html

you can get Usher S520@18k from a forum member ......check the Sale by owner section...............:clapping:
Thanks guys !

Looked at the Yamaha setup yesterday - Yamaha RX397 @22,000 and the dealer also recommended NS8390's at around 14,000.

How good/bad are these? The room size is 16*14.

Cheers,
Shree.

Thanks !

Looked at the Yamaha setup yesterday - Yamaha RX397 @22,000 and the dealer also recommended NS8390's at around 14,000.

Cheers,
Shree.

Hi,
No pers exp here. You must auditon these and compare with other brand auditions (Norge, CA, Marantz) before parting with your money.

BTW go for stereo reciever only if you will spend at least 30% time listening to FM stereo and willing to invest in good FM antenna. Else focus on spending all your money on dedicated stereo amp.

Only very high-end Yamaha amps like S-2000 (costing 75k & above) have been recommeded by others in this forum. Not seen any recco for Yamaha speakers. So tread carefully in direction of Yamaha when their budget range is concerned.

Regds,

Thanks !

Cheers,
Shree.

Thanks !

Cheers,
Shree.

i wouldnt go with the yamaha. quite muddy in its presentation. and since youre going for a stereo set up a stereo amp will be much better.

the most important thing is to audition. every set up has its own unique sounds and presentations. its each person to his own ears. the usher speakers come very highly recommended. listen to them. if youre happy with them then we can suggest amps too. there are also wharfedales, kefs and monitor audios in speakers. for amps the nads, cambridge, marantz are all good. as i said each have their own personalities - they're all good so only you'll be able to know which one sounds better to you

@ Shreerang: Look at some of the preowned stuff on Hi-fi itself!

Hi quality pre-owned stuff with your budget will be waaaay more satisfying than the new stuff in your budget!

look on the forum, you have a Cyrus amp etc

Pm me and I can guide you to a fellow hifi'er who's selling off his ampm and speakers for a song!

Hi guys i have a two channel technis stereo am wich i wana add a subwoofer or an active subwoofer to it 4extra bass is this possible need ur help

Thanks !

Cheers,
Shree.

There is nothing good or bad about any music system. Take all reviews with a pinch of salt as its all heard by others. You need to hear many setups, mark that on a notepad, evaluate and make your decision.

--
helium
Marantz Cdp 6003 -> SB Classic -> Lyrita SET2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 / Audiolab 8000A + Highly modified B&W DM4 -> Lyrita IC + Cables => MUSIC

Hi guys i have a two channel technis stereo am wich i wana add a subwoofer or an active subwoofer to it 4extra bass is this possible need ur help

Sure it is possible! You can take 2 parallel wires from one of the channels of your amp and connect that to the subwoofer.

--
helium
Marantz Cdp 6003 -> SB Classic -> Lyrita SET2A3 + Vintage Akai Speaker SW175 / Audiolab 8000A + Highly modified B&W DM4 -> Lyrita IC + Cables => MUSIC

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back