Audio system Set up for Grand i10

mv_delhi_85

Hello Everyone,

Recently I bought my first car, a grand i10 magna. As magna model does not have any audio system in it, I have to install a new setup. I have shortlisted the following :

Head Unit : Sony Bluetooth Touch XAV-630BT 55 x 4 W RMS
Front Speakers : Polk DB 6501 ( 6.5 ) Componenets 100 W RMS
Rear Speakers : Polk DB 651 ( Coaxial ) 75 W RMS
Amplifier : Pioneer GM D8604 4 Channel Bridgeable
SubWoofer : Pioneer TS - WX305B ( 350 W RMS )

I am planning to power the front speakers and subwoofer with amplifier and rear with head unit. Is this set up correct ? Please let me know :

1. Better alternatives to the above ( HU, F/R Speakers, Amp/S-Woofer )
2. Best way to setup the entire system ( best way to channelize the power to speakers ).

One Dealer suggested Focal 165 IS for Polk DB 6501. Although I have never heard any of them.

Thanks and regards

I am planning to power the front speakers and subwoofer with amplifier and rear with head unit. Is this set up correct ?

Yes, this is the ideal way to connect Components and Sub.

1. Better alternatives to the above ( HU, F/R Speakers, Amp/S-Woofer )

Polk is of brighter side so it would serve you well but depends on the music genre that you listen. I would suggest to ask seller an audition then decide.

Reg amplifier, I would pick Focal or Digital Designs (if budget permits). Have been using Focal for 6 years now and doing its job very well. Also don't forget to spend for quality cables.

Yes, this is the ideal way to connect Components and Sub.

Polk is of brighter side so it would serve you well but depends on the music genre that you listen. I would suggest to ask seller an audition then decide.

Reg amplifier, I would pick Focal or Digital Designs (if budget permits). Have been using Focal for 6 years now and doing its job very well. Also don't forget to spend for quality cables.

Hello,

Brighter side means ? I am looking for a universalish setup which can handle almost all genre. There are hardly any dealer who is interested for an audition here, so I have to go by the reviews etc. Some dealers says Focal is best, some Polk , mixed.

Thanks

Last edited:
I would suggest db691 instead of db651 for rear if you are installing them on tray which I have recently installed on my k10 with stock HU which is easy to drive.
I felt the bass is enough.

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using Tapatalk

Hello,

Brighter side means ? I am looking for a universalish setup which can handle almost all genre. There are hardly any dealer who is interested for an audition here, so I have to go by the reviews etc. Some dealers says Focal is best, some Polk , mixed.

Thanks

If you want a universal setup, look for rainbows. Save up and upgrade but for the love of god don't get Focal/Polk. Both are extremely sharp.

I would suggest db691 instead of db651 for rear if you are installing them on tray which I have recently installed on my k10 with stock HU which is easy to drive.
I felt the bass is enough.

I was planning to install DB651 in rear doors but now as you suggested, db691 in tray also sounds a good install.

How are they performing in terms of overall sound quality and genre handling ?

Thanks

If you want a universal setup, look for rainbows. Save up and upgrade but for the love of god don't get Focal/Polk. Both are extremely sharp.

Can you give me an idea of the price range and availability of rainbows ? Sharp means biased towards high frequencies ?

Thanks

+1 to the Rainbows. Get a pair of EL C6.2

Also consider Kenwood and Pioneer HUs.

For amplifier, I would suggest Digital Design A4 or, even the 4 channel Bull Audio.

JBL subs are real VFM. Give them a try.

I was planning to install DB651 in rear doors but now as you suggested, db691 in tray also sounds a good install.

How are they performing in terms of overall sound quality and genre handling ?

Thanks
I think factory head unit is enough to drive them to the maximum extent (almost) and I felt the bass is very good that you don't need a sub. Vocals are good for any genre.
My take is first you install them with any of your combination for fronts( focal iss165 or Polk db6501). Still if didn't satisfy with bass and loudness then look for sub and amp.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back