Audio Virgin ;-)

VB1405

:eek:
I am a complete Audio novice.
Have been surfing this forum for a couple of months and have read a few issues of AV max.

After which i mustered the courage to Audition a few HT systems.

I now what to take the plunge and have zeroed down on one Music set up and one HT Set up for my house in Gurgaon.(these will be in different rooms)

1) Music Set up: Norge 2060 and Wharfedale 10.1
2) Home Theatre: Onkyo 3200 ( Rs 26 K inclusive of installation)

Jsut wanted your opinion on the above shortlist.

Also, where in Delhi/NCR can i get Norge and Wharfedale products.

Hope you will help me LOOSE IT.

Cheers!:)

Last edited:
:eek:
I am a complete Audio novice.
Have been surfing this forum for a couple of months and have read a few issues of AV max.

After which i mustered the courage to Audition a few HT systems.

I now what to take the plunge and have zeroed down on one Music set up and one HT Set up for my house in Gurgaon.(these will be in different rooms)

1) Music Set up: Norge 2060 and Wharfedale 10.1
2) Home Theatre: Onkyo 3200 ( Rs 26 K inclusive of installation)

Jsut wanted your opinion on the above shortlist.

Also, where in Delhi/NCR can i get Norge and Wharfedale products.

Hello And welcome to this wonderful Audio enthusiastic forum that we call as second home.

As suggested by esteemed mod and heart felt member madbullram you need to post inquiry in proper section or else this will leave the forum in complete disarray.

Please tell us your budget and thereafter lets see whether going for Norge 2060 and Wharfedale 10.1 makes sense.

About Onkyo 3200 they are good for a start up,however remember though it advertises 3 hdmi inputs (V1.3a Pass-Thru*) those hdmi wouldnt carry audio signals.So you may just have to look into that.You may need to use Digital or Coaxial extra for audio.

The mid and highs are good with clarity in dialogues however it seriously lacks in LFE.Bass needs to ante it up.But other than it its good value for money.

Still why dont you Audition Philips HTIB. All over the forum it commands a better respect than Onkyo HTIB and great value for money with performance to match.
Best luck and happy foruming !:clapping:

Thanks for your suggestions fresh Seasons and Madbullram
And sorry for the trangression madbullram.

am still trying to find my way around HFV.

Welcome to the forum VB.
I am absolutely for your approach! We will discuss it in detail in the suitable section.

First I want to understand what this guy finds so tight that he wants to loose(n) it. Second, I remember in our college days we used to help some of our classmates actually lose it. What has the world come to that we need a audio system for this? Tcha Tcha !!

Gobble and Suri, no comments guys? :)

Cheers

OP, I am just joking, OK? Don take my comments seriously.

Last edited:
VenkatCr Sir,
Sorry for the spelling error.
Didn't realise an extra "O" will bring such mirth and merriment to this forum of wise men.

Seek your continued guidance on Audio and Grammar.

rgds,

Hi and welcome!
We'll help you lose it!
But first you gotta do some popping of yer own - search the forum and then ask more informed questions in the right places!

All in all! Welcome to the place where its all good sounds and ever greater bangs for the bucks you'll be spending!

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back