audiophile computer speakers

rkline123

Hi, I recently replaced broken Dell Altec Lansing 5.1 ADA995 speakers with klipsch promedia 2.1 speakers. The sound quality for mp3's was excellent with the Dell speakers, however I was very unsatisfied with the Klipsch promedia.

Can anyone suggest high quality audiophile computer speakers in the $200 - $500 price range?

I have read about Audioengine 5, Axiom Audiobyte v3 Computer Speakers, audioengine A2, and AVI ADM9. I'm not sure how high quality speakers will sound with mp3 since they reproduce sound accurately. Would these speakers sound alright with mp3? If not, any suggestions?

thanks

Last edited:
Mostly 192kbps unfortunately.

How do the AE 5's sound with 192kbps mp3?
How does the bass sound? Is it loud?

MX5021 are EOL.. better Look for AE A5.

and that also will be gone soon. AE is closing shops according to someone, he purchased AE from bajao.. got the info from there.

I have tried many including A3, A5, studiophile, edirols but no one can beat Swan M200MKII in terms of musical quality, build quality...A class apart...and that too at a modest price...

Unfortunately the Indian distributor does not keep this model....

basically I'm looking for speakers that won't expose the low fi quality of 128 or 195 mp3's. Speakers that will sound good even with low qulity formats, any suggestions?

I had Altec Lansing 2.1 speaker system, model ACS300, purchased in 1996, but hardly used. Yesterday I took it out from the attic and connected to Tata sky set-top box and the overall sound-quality was quite good. Since these speakers are magnetically shielded they can be placed close to the TV.

Sorry,Edited. Not the computer speakers you are looking for.

Regards.

Sunil

Last edited:
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back