Audiophile streamer (improving source)

I used to run a bluesound node2 and now run a dcs bartok . The bartok has in built dcs network bridge capabilities . You cannot put the two on same level to compare . Not only price wise but performance wise u wid take a quantum jump
Tks for this info. I have dac's already in my speakers. Wonder if you have ever compared just the streamer sections?

No havnt connected the bartok to another dac but can easily say there is no comparison between the bluesound and dcs. If you only want a streamer u can get a Lindemaan limetree bridge or a sotm . Both are good buys

Have the basic nucleus . However also use the sotm switch with sotm lps with the optical commectivity . Is a huge upgrade. Plus really not needed . Roon on a laptop was really crappy until i heard the nucleus. Night n day differrnce. Other cheaper options would be nuc . In fact laptops are best avoided for any kind of music.
Just as a matter of interest, I am also using the reclocking SOTM switch with LPS. This then run thru another switch in series - the regen from uptime audio. At a third of the price the step up again is as much as the first switch. An advantage is the LPS can drive both switches.

No havnt connected the bartok to another dac but can easily say there is no comparison between the bluesound and dcs. If you only want a streamer u can get a Lindemaan limetree bridge of
A dedicated server will be a better option for sure than a regular laptop with lot of software's running.
I also use an Ethernet to optical fiber converter converter and back using SFP module. I haven't tried any switches from companies like soTm.
I find some improvement in audio quality using this option.

a sotm . Both are good buy
I use an optical converter too from my NAS, but also use fibre interconnects at other points in the system. Waaaay cheaper than copper for the same sound quality.

By the way - do any of you guys live in Kolkata. Would be great to get together

Just as a matter of interest, I am also using the reclocking SOTM switch with LPS. This then run thru another switch in series - the regen from uptime audio. At a third of the price the step up again is as much as the first switch. An advantage is the LPS can drive both switches.
Hi,

I am keen to know the effect of reclocking Sotm switch and LPS. Which one gave more improvement, reclocking or linear power supply?
I have a friend who tried sotm stack a while ago and he said he didnt find a big difference, hence I am asking.
Looks like streamer is also very important because of clock info.

Even DCS dac forum says adding clock improves sound quality a lot. Now some say adding upsampler also improves.
Then you are adding 3 boxes and lot of money. Now I also read Terminator plus dac with GAIA (DDC) you can synchronize the
clocks and that is improving sound compared to just using a standalone Terminator plus.
Denafrips looks like a good option considering the overall cost compared to DCS and Esoteric. Now I dont know
how Denafrips compare with DCS and Esoteric dac and clock stack.

Thanks
Renjith

Ask steve guttenberg hehe

I am very happy with dcs . Having said that the vpi TT costing 1/5 the price thrashes it in 5 mins.

Hi,

I am keen to know the effect of reclocking Sotm switch and LPS. Which one gave more improvement, reclocking or linear power supply?
I have a friend who tried sotm stack a while ago and he said he didnt find a big difference, hence I am asking.
Looks like streamer is also very important because of clock info.

Even DCS dac forum says adding clock improves sound quality a lot. Now some say adding upsampler also improves.
Then you are adding 3 boxes and lot of money. Now I also read Terminator plus dac with GAIA (DDC) you can synchronize the
clocks and that is improving sound compared to just using a standalone Terminator plus.
Denafrips looks like a good option considering the overall cost compared to DCS and Esoteric. Now I dont know
how Denafrips compare with DCS and Esoteric dac and clock stack.

Thanks
Renjith
Hi Renjith,

I bought the SoTM top of the line which has the reclocking option built in (there is still one step higher - external clock, but that is 5 grand...somewhere down the line maybe) so cannot comment on the improvement from standard to reclocking.

An LPS makes a great diff....I would say about 25-30% more detail and many less cringey moments. But not huge improvement in soundstage.

Elsewhere in my system I am using iFi switching power supply. Cheap and surprisingly great results. Available on line from headphone zone in Chennai

In my opinion the biggest bang for the buck in your system would be to add one more switch. The uptone Regen is simply masterful. Very reasonable price USD 640/- About the size of a paperback packed and anyone can simply carry it in. But gets v hot, so it needs to be kept isolated.

It would do all the things the better power would do and make a nice improvement in soundstage. It has very high quality clocks built in. I would compare it favourably with the top of the line SOTM switch - one third the price.

Hi Renjith,

I bought the SoTM top of the line which has the reclocking option built in (there is still one step higher - external clock, but that is 5 grand...somewhere down the line maybe) so cannot comment on the improvement from standard to reclocking.

An LPS makes a great diff....I would say about 25-30% more detail and many less cringey moments. But not huge improvement in soundstage.

Elsewhere in my system I am using iFi switching power supply. Cheap and surprisingly great results. Available on line from headphone zone in Chennai

In my opinion the biggest bang for the buck in your system would be to add one more switch. The uptone Regen is simply masterful. Very reasonable price USD 640/- About the size of a paperback packed and anyone can simply carry it in. But gets v hot, so it needs to be kept isolated.

It would do all the things the better power would do and make a nice improvement in soundstage. It has very high quality clocks built in. I would compare it favourably with the top of the line SOTM switch - one third the price.

Thanks for your detailed reply.

I got a Luxman integrated amp and planning to use it instead of Devialet 120.
Hence I need a good streamer and DAC. I have sonictransporter which act as roon core and want to use ethernet output to streamer.
Now I realize that Devailet is a nice one box solution compared to the separates option.

Clean power is a must for high end audio, now the question is how to get clean power. Due to some reason I dont
like to pay too much for power cord considering the functionality of power cord compared to a Dac or streamer.

I too heard good about uptone Regen. But I see bad review about uptone and Sonore micro Rendu in Audioscince review forum.

Thanks
Renjith

Bad review is due to ego clashes between owner of Uptone and asr owner amir, so good or bad review's both you will need to take with pinch of salt

Bad review is due to ego clashes between owner of Uptone and asr owner amir, so good or bad review's both you will need to take with pinch of salt

That's always the case with most of the reviews. But I followed one post about micro Rendu and one of ASR member asked
to provide some measurement to show better performance and they didn't.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back