Audition - B&W 684, Dali Ikon 6, MA RX6, MA RS8

Sorry but what is the quoted MRP? I dont think you have mentioned that in the thread. Also have you selected an amp as well to drive these?

Last Nov, before I end up buying my thiel in singapore they quoted 2L MRP... And they are ready to give 10 to 15% discount..

Sorry but what is the quoted MRP? I dont think you have mentioned that in the thread. Also have you selected an amp as well to drive these?

Hey rajagopal, Can you please wait till 8th so that I can give you some solid numbers?
Mrp as of now is 1.6L as they are discontinued.
Iam expecting some discounts.

The search is over. :) :D

Settled with a Dark Cherry Thiel CS1.6 for 85k.

The Musical Fidelity M1 DAC + A5.5 sounds devine with the pair. Ofcourse the brystons are better but hey, they are 4 times costly!

The search is over. :) :D

Settled with a Dark Cherry Thiel CS1.6 for 85k.

The Musical Fidelity M1 DAC + A5.5 sounds devine with the pair. Ofcourse the brystons are better but hey, they are 4 times costly!

congrats man... those are some mean speakers....

congrats blasto ! And I can say a hell of a system , having tasted the goods :)

And No more auditions for you buddy .. atleast for sometime ;)

Looking for 'deals' and going around auditioning for 2 months is a pleasing activity .. :D

I started with Monitor Audio RX6 for 75k.
For 85k for these thiels are like a light year away. :)
If the auditions lasted only for a week or so, I would have ended ip with the RX6s. :)

did you have a home audition of the thiels?

Yes. Very brief as it was a working day.
Wanted to checkout if there's any boom and there was none.

Placement 2' from back wall and 3 feet from side walls. 6' between the speakers. No toe-in.
14* 21' room and 10' ceiling and there were no issues regarding sound quality/quantity.
No issues with bass at all.

No experience in HT setup.

Last edited:
Hi Blasto

Have posted on a new thread elsewhere here
Wanted to know what integrated Amp should be good for MA rx6. Is it worth it as I have a Marantz AVR. Or should I go for a power Amp eventually- What is cost of a good budget amp

Hi Blasto

Have posted on a new thread elsewhere here
Wanted to know what integrated Amp should be good for MA rx6. Is it worth it as I have a Marantz AVR. Or should I go for a power Amp eventually- What is cost of a good budget amp

Hey Xman,

I haven't demoed the RX6 with AVRs so can't say with any certainity.

I have lost respect on Marantz amps 5004 and 6004s to drive any floorstands. You should start with 7 or 8 series to have any grip on floorstands.

If you are looking to keep the amps for a longer period, get a 100+w/ch one.

Musical fidelity amps were a big upgrade to marantz but they come with associated cost.

Marantz 6004 paired well with Gold GS10 bookshelf but not with any of the silver floorstands.

In general people will tell the MF is almost of the tubo sound and you cannot judge with the same for your taste if at all matching with tube signature. Still it have very handsome dual mono configuration which is widely acclaimed and it is built like tank to last good amount of years like bryston. General review states it is Mid range weighted.

Also just to indicate my music hall itself driving my Thiel which is 4ohms(50W-300W, so not to compare with power given/power driven. As you have indicated it can be rated with your music hall. The praise of MF is only in the experts reviews page/british forums and checked with few whom have used in India and they were not happy with the power and sound signature of MF.

Just to indicate the reviewer of (Musical Fidelity M3i Integrated Amplifier (TAS 205) | AVguide ) has indicated that it will be an matching for """ In my experience some especially good match-ups would include offerings like the PSB Image or Imagine B, Focals 706V or the Paradigm Studio 10"""...

May be try with MF m6i and check it sound like M3i or suiting your taste. That may be expensive to buy but can be done for comparision.

Regards

Just read this post again, it has all my purchases.
And at that point, I din't even audition those
. ;)

Srini, Are you a part time astrologer? :D

Back