-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 6th or 7th Feb (date to be confirmed)

Sid,

I'm afraid that I won't be able to make it as I have to go to work.

I really feel that Delhi Music culture in springing back to life ;). Thanks to people like you, Kamalji, Virenji and other audiophiles for making this happen...

I see you have the conviction, determintion and focus to help all pursue this wonderfull hobby instead of taking to other vices.

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb

Sid,

I'm afraid that I won't be able to make it as I have to go to work.

I really feel that Delhi Music culture in springing back to life ;). Thanks to people like you, Kamalji, Virenji and other audiophiles for making this happen...

I see you have the conviction, determintion and focus to help all pursue this wonderfull hobby instead of taking to other vices.

--
helium
Amp: Lyrita SET 2A3
Speakers: Vintage B&W DM4
Source: LG DVD + Beresford DAC
Cables: Lyrita's I.C & cables

Ahh, it is heart breaking to miss out on a very important team member here. I was looking forward to see you brother. None the less, you shall hv to make up for this absence. I wish u cud make it for sometime if not all.

And many thanks for being so kind with the words used. Much appreciate.

My regards

@ everyone
Hope to see everyone at about 11am.

-- Last minute updates --
- Powerbackup ordered
- CVT being brought in by Ashok bhai
- Speakers, Amps, sources in order as last updated
- Avoiding the gaming session for this time, to avoid mingling of interests and looking at time at hand
- 4 friends dropped out. Amit from Noida and Helium.
My friends Indro and Bhupesh.
- 1 friend of mine joining at 1pm

11.00am - session starts with a look at equipments at hand, followed by stereo set up wrt Towers, book shelves.
1.30pm - lunch break with dear friends
2.30pm - session continues with audition of amps at hand ...starting from AVR 'to' Stereo amps 'to' Pre-Power setup (discussing pros n cons, features) 'to' the classic Tube amp

See u

Last edited:
Re: -- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb

Sam, u are most welcome to join. I cant really confirm on the time we shall finish.

I just checked, and the timings you all have is 11AM....damm no way I would be able to make that early (not even remotely close)......and I really wanted to join this......been missing all meets (this is 3rd till now).........anywayzzzzzzz.

Re: -- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb

Dear Kamalji & Sid,

Thanks for organizing a great Audiophile Meet ! Sorry, I had to leave early to attend an unavoidable official meeting.

I thoroughly enjoyed Quads - lived up to their reputation !

Regards

Sanjay

The home was glowing with positive energies and vibrance cause of so many lovely friends under the roof. It was much needed.

But yes, kindly exonerate for the lunch which got delayed.

Not to sound too formal, a sincere note of thanks to all that could spare the Sunday and turn the official audiophile meet into more of a family get together. I reiterate that it wud hv been great to also receive Amit bhai, Sumant bhai and Sam ..it wud have completed the flock more or less. I hope to catch up with them sometime soon over a meet.

My regards and tks once again for a memorable day.

Sidharth, Thanks a ton for a great time and for the opportunity to meet up with a lot of like minded people. Please, also do convey my thanks to your wonderful wife, for her gracious hospitality. It was really nice meeting you both and also all the other forum members.

Sidharth, thanx for the lovely, well-planned and educative sunday. Missed thanking your better half on the way out for all the hard work with the 'hardcore punjabi' lunch, tea, etc. Do convey my sincere apologies for this.

Sidharth, thanx for the lovely, well-planned and educative sunday. Missed thanking your better half on the way out for all the hard work with the 'hardcore punjabi' lunch, tea, etc. Do convey my sincere apologies for this.

You are most welcome Ashok bhai. Besides this i missed out on getting parents meet you all and was duly pulled up for that, soon as they realised that everyone has left. So it seems, we'd have to do this again sometime soon.

Brgds

Dear Sidharth,

Thank you for organizing a wonderful event. I thoroughly enjoyed listening the different gadgets and also meeting like minded people.

Once again thanks to you & your family for taking all the efforts. Convey my special thanks to Denny.

rgds,
Venu

Dear Sidharth,

Thank you for organizing a wonderful event. I thoroughly enjoyed listening the different gadgets and also meeting like minded people.

Once again thanks to you & your family for taking all the efforts. Convey my special thanks to Denny.

rgds,
Venu

Most welcome Venu bhai. It was a pleasure to have you at the session.
I'd certainly convey thanks rather from everyone's behalf to Denny. He was quite helpful to have brought his gadget to switch the speakers and otherwise as well he pulled up the session well. He is probably the first vendor i had come across and could easily be friends with. Denny from the day 1 never came across as a vendor and i see the similar traits in Ashish as well. I wish Ashish best for his venture as well.

And for the session yesterday, without that gadget which Denny could get along to switch speakers we could have really got tired dis-connecting & reconnecting speaker cables to the various speakers we had and hence would have missed out the continuity of the tracks to pick the differences in the character of the speakers so well as we could.

Anyway, it was fun. I am yet to receive pics from my friend Shashwat, which i hope should be there in a day or two. Shall post soon as i have them.

Brgs
Sid

Thanks Sidharth for the wonderful time I had at your place.Excellent Music ,Lunch and the chance to meet learned and like minded people.Regards also to your wife for the tasty lunch and wonderful hospitality.
nirmal

Hats off to Siddhartha for the kind of efforts and passion with which he pulled off this wonderful meet. It was a pleasure meeting so many old timers as well as new like minded friends there. Thank you all to make this kind of event such a success with lot of passion,warmth and positive energy.
We had a great time listining to various kinds of music on Quads as well as the Dalis and to all of us present there, they both had certain positives as well as negatives.
Once again thanks to Siddhartha and his family for being a generous host and all the friends I had met at his place.
Will look forward to more of these meets in the future.

With Regards
Ashish

Thanks Sidharth for the wonderful time I had at your place.Excellent Music ,Lunch and the chance to meet learned and like minded people.Regards also to your wife for the tasty lunch and wonderful hospitality.
nirmal

It was equally a pleasure to have you at our home Nirmal bhai. Rather looking in for more informal family-like sessions here on. And as i said that since i missed to have introduced everyone to my parents, so we shall have to meet up once again sometime soon. I shall convey the kind words to my wife & mother.

Wishing best

Hi Sidharth,

It was wondeful day.Kudos to your efforts to bring people who share common interest at one place! I enjoyed a lot and also met many forum members:)

Thanks to you & your family for the hostapitality :clapping:

I hope we'll have more sessions like this one:)

Enjoy!
Sid

Hats off to Siddhartha for the kind of efforts and passion with which he pulled off this wonderful meet. It was a pleasure meeting so many old timers as well as new like minded friends there. Thank you all to make this kind of event such a success with lot of passion,warmth and positive energy.
We had a great time listining to various kinds of music on Quads as well as the Dalis and to all of us present there, they both had certain positives as well as negatives.
Once again thanks to Siddhartha and his family for being a generous host and all the friends I had met at his place.
Will look forward to more of these meets in the future.

With Regards
Ashish

Thanks and many thanks for being there Ashish, it would have been lesser the fun or no fun at all otherwise. Like i said we missed out on Amit, Helium & Sam. Next time i hope we shall have them along.

Thanks Sid,
It was good to have you there in the session. thanks for the Transformers BD. It surely has big thumps!

At last the D Day dawned for the shootout. I reached the venue at aroound 12 and found most the members had arrived and were exchanging their personal info. Well then after a round of snacks and tea we all made a beeline to the audition room.

The room which is by the ways Sid's HT Room was well padded with glass wool to absorb undue reflections and was quite a good area for the audition.

For the equipment at hand we has pair of Quad bookshelves 11L, Quad Towers 22L, Dali Towers, Also there was the complete range from Wharfdale but could not listen to them due to paucity of time. The electronics driving all this stuff was a Quad pre power combo paired with a Quad CD Player. We also had Viren's Russian SET Amp and a marantz SACD 7001 paired with a Venu's DAC as well with its own analogs.

Quite enjoyed the variety of music and the equipment laid out for the enjoyable day and called it a day at around 6 pm in the evening with a blast of the deftech supercube paired with the Quad bookshelves.

Many many thanks to SID for the enjoyable day. He had made foolproof arrangements for the get together including snacks, tea, lunch, which would not have been possible without the blessings of his better half. I thank him for giving us this oppurtunity to interact and make new friends. I would be failing if I did not mention Denny who had come with loads of equipment and gadgets.

THANKS SID

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back