-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 6th or 7th Feb (date to be confirmed)

Re: -- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb

My apologies Amit ji. Done the needful. Appreciate the kind words, i am merely coordinating for a time together with friends.

I just hope that power doesnt play a clown that day, for which ggaon is known for despite the fact that i am arranging for a genset for power backup.

Sid, no 'ji' please. We all have an universal title - music-lovers. We all are same. You please call me as 'Amit'.

Thx

-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb (Confirmed members, Map, Equipment list)

CLICK TO VIEW VENUE ON GOOGLE MAP
DELHI AUDIOPHILE MEET VENUE

CONFIRMED MEMBER LIST

1) Viren ji - (presence confirmed) ---------------------- Coming along with his Russian 6C33CB valve based SET Amp
2) Kamal ji - (presence confirmed) --------------------- (REMINDER: I have to keep handy a scribble pad & pen for him)
3) Dr. saab from gzb
4) HiFiAshok -(presence confirmed by Kamal ji)
5) DENNY of Bass & Treble - (presence confirmed) ------ Bringing WHARFEDALE sub & 3-4 pairs including both Bookshelves, Towers, AVR & CDP.
6) Sanjay0864 -(presence confirmed)------------------- Will get some SACDs/BD's & his OPPO Blue Ray Disc player for a check on physical look n feel and a small trial if time permits.
7) Ashishkesarwani - (presence confirmed)
8) Rahul Pandit aka Panditji - (presence confirmed)
9) Helium
10) Amit - (presence confirmed)
11) Dillihifi - (presence confirmed)
12) Venu -(presence confirmed) ------------- Bringing his DIY DAC for the session.
13) Sid Lochan - (presence confirmed)
14) Mr. Sudipto Pal -------------------------- will bring a Quad CDP. An ardent admirer of the Quad brand. Has personally met the Walker family of QUAD, U.K. and has a humble setup at his home.
15) Dinesh aka DANCC - (presence confirmed by Ashish)
16) Vijayant - (presence confirmed by Ashish)
17) Indrojit (Sid's friend)
18) Ritesh - (presence confirmed)
19) Karan - (presence confirmed)
20) Bhupesh - (sid's friend)
21) Nirmal Prim - (confirmed by Kamal ji)

22) DeepakPant

TENTATIVE MEMBERS
1) Sam
2) VJ@hifi
3) anm
4) Prash

--- EQUIPMENT LIST FOR AUDITION ---

AA) AMPLIFIERS
1) QUAD 99 + 909 (pre-power)
2) MARANTZ pm15 s1 (stereo amp)
3) MARANTZ 5003
4) CAMBRIDGE AUDIO ca 500 a

BB) AVR
1) DENON 2309
2) ONKYO SR507 (being brought in by fellow member - sourav)

CC) SOURCE
1) MARANTZ CDP 6002
2) MARANTZ SACD 7001
3) PANASONIC BLUE RAY BD30
4) QUAD CDP (being brought in by Mr. Sudipto Pal)

DD) SPEAKERS
TOWERS
--------
1) DALI IKON 6
2) WHARFEDALE 10.5
3) WHARFEDALE EVO 30 (SIGNATURE SERIES)

BOOKSHELVES
--------------
1) QUAD 11 L2
2) WHARFEDALE 10.1
3) DALI IKON 1

SUBWOOFERS
-------------
1) DEFTECH SUPERCUBE II
2) WHARFEDALE SW150

EE) OTHERS
1) WHAFEDALE SURROUNDS
2) DALI VOCAL 2 (center speaker for HT setup)
3) DIY DAC TDA 1541 A (Mr. Venu to bring it along)
4) PROJECTOR PANASONIC AX200U

FF) LISTENING ROOM
Room Size is 20ft x 12ft effective carpet area.
Its a sound proof AV room, not too intricately treated for acoustics though. But does well for itself.

------------------- DRIVE DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE -------------------

Assuming that most will be coming via Dhaula Kuan.. please read on. Hv tried to be detailed to assist you best.

1) CROSS TOLL
cross toll on the highway, keep movng on the highway. Cross this first fly over.

2) EXIT HIGHWAY FROM A CUT TO YOUR LEFT FOR MEHRAULI / IFFCO CHOWK.
You have to get out of the highway now, so take the exit cut, keep your vehicle at a moderate speed and to your left.
Once you take the exit, you will now be on a road parallel to Jaipur highway and alongside the flyover.

DO NOT TAKE LEFT TURN TOWARDS MEHRAULI !! , cause you have to go to the right side.

3) Reach IFFCO CHOWK red light crossing & Take U-TURN towards DELHI
Yes you have to take a u-turn to Delhi, but only once you reach the signal & the crossing, dont take the u-turn cut under the flyover before the signal.
Keep your vehicle slow and to the left, move 30-50mtrs.

4) Take FIRST LEFT TURN
Once you take the u-turn and drive 50mtrs approx, you will see a decent wide asphalt road, keep going till road ends (about 1.5kms long).
Keep on driving till the ROAD ENDS and TURN RIGHT. (this is the road on which MARUTI's factory is & also this leads to FUN&FOOD VILLAGE)

Now, after turning right, drive straight till you reach the first and the only "faulty T-point Traffic Signal" on this road. Its should not be in working condition i hope! ..Anyway, before this traffic signal you will also find the usual Big Blue Direction Board indicating " <--- PALAM VIHAR "

5) Turn LEFT from this "faulty traffic signal"
This road goes straight to Palam Vihar after crossing sector 21, 22 & 23.
Keep going straight. we have to cross the local market (will come to your right side).
Soon as the markets finish, maintain a slow speed.

Now, there will be two parks on both sides of you and you have to TURN RIGHT, soon as the park on your right side finishes.

Follow this road slowly for 0.5 km and look to your right hand side for this home -->
4310507105_ea5c0c5dc7_o.jpg

Still confused? then call me @ 98116 77500

Last edited:
If our generous Host, time and fellow members permit then I would like to bring the Onkyo Digital Dock i.e ND-S1 along with the Beresford Caiman DAC to the meeting to calculate the pros and cons of digital music which is the future. I also need to confirm from Siddhartha whether he has wifi connection avaliable at his venue for me to showcase the full potential of my above mentioned setup.

-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb

If our generous Host, time and fellow members permit then I would like to bring the Onkyo Digital Dock i.e ND-S1 along with the Beresford Caiman DAC to the meeting to calculate the pros and cons of digital music which is the future. I also need to confirm from Siddhartha whether he has wifi connection avaliable at his venue for me to showcase the full potential of my above mentioned setup.

Ashish bhai,

1) we shall be in basement, behind 4 inch thick wall of glass wool-wood and the wifi is on the ground floor. I dont we shall be able to receive signals. A portable usb net connection 'may' work for the situation though.

2) But, having said so, i believe if you bring that along, it shall enable fellow members gather info about technology around us.

So what we can do is, once we are done with the main section, we can come upstairs alongwith an amp+source and then you can share what you intend to.

Brgds

Last edited:

Ashish bhai,

1) we shall be in basement, behind 4 inch thick wall of glass wool-wood and the wifi is on the ground floor. I dont we shall be able to receive signals. A portable usb net connection 'may' work for the situation though.

2) But, having said so, i believe if you bring that along, it shall enable fellow members gather info about technology around us.

So what we can do is, once we are done with the main section, we can come upstairs alongwith an amp+source and then you can share what you intend to.

Brgds

Don't worry on that front then, I will also carry my Router along for my above mentioned setup.

Don't worry on that front then, I will also carry my Router along for my above mentioned setup.

issue served, i guess then you can help me connect to the connection as well. cause the last time i went with a diff laptop, i wasnt able to. I shall check it again on Saturday, as i shall be there to set things up.

brgs

Any specific timings we are looking at here, if I come I wont reach till 4 or 5.?? And is it a bachalore's meet??

Hi, I wanna come but I am not going to be able to, I'm shifting to a new apartment tomorrow so furniture moving in and out like crazy, have to oversee whole thing before monday...

:(

bah! :mad:

So!
The great day is almost upon us.
Reminder to esteemed audiophiles-
# Plz carry a couple of your fav CDs.
# Plz come with plenty of time to relax & enjoy,
Re Snaps of the meet.
I can cary my P&S camera like for the GZB meet, but if any member has a better camera, Plz do bring it.
Regards,& see you all in GGN tomorow.
Kamal

Sam, thats too late. We wud have or wud be wrapping up by 5

I would be coming along from Ghz, its 2 hour drive stright, earlist I can reach is by 3-3 30. Let me know...

confirming my attendance. would also be bringing in my CVT, as suggested.

would have liked a slightly later time, though. would need to cut short my sunday marathon squash session ;)! was looking forward to this owing to my long absence from town. anyway.....

will be bringing in 'Sheffield Lab Drum & Track Disc (XRCD24)', 'Rarities, B-Sides and Other Stuff Volume 2, Sarah McLachlan', 'Magic Moments Dali Stereo Demo Disc, Various', 'Sufi Superstars, Various', and maybe a couple more.

btw, gr8 coord.

Well I usually have my wifie with me, hence the question.....

Sam, if u can come on time. pls feel free to bring ur wife along and that goes for others as well, who may want to.

Its a home you are coming to, will have my family at home but we group mates wont be bothered at all. she shall have my wife to give company and make friends with. That way i shall also be spared from the 'Act of God' ..hopefully.

Last edited:
confirming my attendance. would also be bringing in my CVT, as suggested.

would have liked a slightly later time, though. would need to cut short my sunday marathon squash session ;)! was looking forward to this owing to my long absence from town. anyway.....

will be bringing in 'Sheffield Lab Drum & Track Disc (XRCD24)', 'Rarities, B-Sides and Other Stuff Volume 2, Sarah McLachlan', 'Magic Moments Dali Stereo Demo Disc, Various', 'Sufi Superstars, Various', and maybe a couple more.

btw, gr8 coord.

Thanks again for the cvt Ashok bhai and for the brilliant numbers, u guys have really made me a spoilt brat. Hv just ordered a few discs from Elusivedisc.com

I would be coming along from Ghz, its 2 hour drive stright, earlist I can reach is by 3-3 30. Let me know...

Sam, u are most welcome to join. I cant really confirm on the time we shall finish.

Hi, I wanna come but I am not going to be able to, I'm shifting to a new apartment tomorrow so furniture moving in and out like crazy, have to oversee whole thing before monday...

:(

bah! :mad:

First things FIRST my friend. Keep in touch and we can catch up over a local ggaon session and obviously on the next audiophile meet.

Cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back