-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 6th or 7th Feb (date to be confirmed)

@ Panditji
The only effort is to plug-in-out and carry-in-out all the stuff being brought in :) ..yet wud be most worthwhile with n for friends.

My regards

Sir
Don't be modest we all realize the effort that goes into organising these events. Anyway thanks all the same.

Re: -- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb

*Modesty didnt quite work here.
So, in that case, stay back and lend a hand to plug n stack back the equips once we finish :D

Sid sounds better than formal notes, avoid sir/sire pls.

gd day

Last edited:
-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon --7th Feb

Dear friends,
I hope the ones who have confirmed, shall be able to make it to the session.

Would really appreciate if you can reconfirm looking so that i can proceed ahead and do the needful.

Thanks
Sid

Mine is confirmed :
I will come along with Dinesh and his friend Vijyan. Rahul Pandit will come in his own car as he has to go somewhere else after the session.
So from my side I have a confirmation of 3 people.

-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb (updated list of confirmed members & map)

CLICK TO VIEW VENUE ON GOOGLE MAP
DELHI AUDIOPHILE MEET VENUE

CONFIRMED MEMBER LIST

1) Viren ji - (presence confirmed) ---------------------- Coming along with his Russian 6C33CB valve based SET Amp
2) Kamal ji - (presence confirmed) --------------------- (REMINDER: I have to keep handy a scribble pad & pen for him)
3) Dr. saab from gzb
4) HiFiAshok -(confirmed by Kamal ji)
5) DENNY of Bass & Treble - (confirmed) ------ Bringing WHARFEDALE sub & 3-4 pairs including both Bookshelves, Towers, AVR & CDP.
6) Sanjay0864 -(confirmed)------------------- Will get some SACDs/BD's & his OPPO Blue Ray Disc player for a check on physical look n feel and a small trial if time permits.
7) Ashishkesarwani - (presence confirmed)
8) Rahul Pandit aka Panditji
9) Helium
10) AmitNoida
11) Dillihifi
12) Venu ------------------------------------ Bringing his DIY DAC for the session.
13) Sid Lochan
14) Mr. Sudipto Pal -------------------------- A ardent admirer of the Quad brand. Has personally met the Walker family of QUAD, U.K. and has a humble setup at his home.
15) Dinesh aka DANCC - (presence confirmed by Ashish)
16) Vijayant - (presence confirmed by Ashish)
17) Indrojit (Sid's friend)

TENTATIVE MEMBERS
1) Sam
2) VJ@hifi
3) anm
4) DeepakPant
5) Mr. Aneja
6) Prash

------------------- DRIVE DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE -------------------

Assuming that most will be coming via Dhaula Kuan.. please read on. Hv tried to be detailed to assist you best.

1) CROSS TOLL
cross toll on the highway, keep movng on the highway. Cross this first fly over.

2) EXIT HIGHWAY FROM A CUT TO YOUR LEFT FOR MEHRAULI / IFFCO CHOWK.
You have to get out of the highway now, so take the exit cut, keep your vehicle at a moderate speed and to your left.
Once you take the exit, you will now be on a road parallel to Jaipur highway and alongside the flyover.

DO NOT TAKE LEFT TURN TOWARDS MEHRAULI !! , cause you have to go to the right side.

3) Reach IFFCO CHOWK red light crossing & Take U-TURN towards DELHI
Yes you have to take a u-turn to Delhi, but only once you reach the signal & the crossing, dont take the u-turn cut under the flyover before the signal.
Keep your vehicle slow and to the left, move 30-50mtrs.

4) Take FIRST LEFT TURN
Once you take the u-turn and drive 50mtrs approx, you will see a decent wide asphalt road, keep going till road ends (about 1.5kms long).
Keep on driving till the ROAD ENDS and TURN RIGHT. (this is the road on which MARUTI's factory is & also this leads to FUN&FOOD VILLAGE)

Now, after turning right, drive straight till you reach the first and the only "faulty T-point Traffic Signal" on this road. Its should not be in working condition i hope! ..Anyway, before this traffic signal you will also find the usual Big Blue Direction Board indicating " <--- PALAM VIHAR "

5) Turn LEFT from this "faulty traffic signal"
Take left towards Palam Vihar & keep going straight.
Cross the complete local market, which shall come to your right side.

Soon as the markets finish, maintain a slow speed.

Now, there will be two parks on both sides of you and you have to TURN RIGHT, soon as the park on your right side finishes.

Follow this road slowly for 0.5 km and look to your right hand side for this home -->
4310507105_ea5c0c5dc7_o.jpg

Still confused? then call me @ 98116 77500

Last edited:
I'm coming of course & so will be Viren along with his Russian 6C33CB valve based SET Amp.
Trying to reach HifiAshok- he is in B'lore-but he should be OK, too.
Regards,
Kamal

-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb (updated list of confirmed members & map)

CLICK TO VIEW VENUE ON GOOGLE MAP
DELHI AUDIOPHILE MEET VENUE

CONFIRMED MEMBER LIST

1) Viren ji - (presence confirmed) ---------------------- Coming along with his Russian 6C33CB valve based SET Amp
2) Kamal ji - (presence confirmed) --------------------- (REMINDER: I have to keep handy a scribble pad & pen for him)
3) Dr. saab from gzb
4) HiFiAshok -(presence confirmed by Kamal ji)
5) DENNY of Bass & Treble - (presence confirmed) ------ Bringing WHARFEDALE sub & 3-4 pairs including both Bookshelves, Towers, AVR & CDP.
6) Sanjay0864 -(presence confirmed)------------------- Will get some SACDs/BD's & his OPPO Blue Ray Disc player for a check on physical look n feel and a small trial if time permits.
7) Ashishkesarwani - (presence confirmed)
8) Rahul Pandit aka Panditji - (presence confirmed)
9) Helium
10) Amit - (presence confirmed)
11) Dillihifi - (presence confirmed)
12) Venu -(presence confirmed) ------------- Bringing his DIY DAC for the session.
13) Sid Lochan - (presence confirmed)
14) Mr. Sudipto Pal -------------------------- will bring a Quad CDP. An ardent admirer of the Quad brand. Has personally met the Walker family of QUAD, U.K. and has a humble setup at his home.
15) Dinesh aka DANCC - (presence confirmed by Ashish)
16) Vijayant - (presence confirmed by Ashish)
17) Indrojit (Sid's friend)
18) Ritesh - (presence confirmed)
19) Karan - (presence confirmed)
20) Bhupesh - (sid's friend)
21) Nirmal Prim - (confirmed by Kamal ji)

TENTATIVE MEMBERS
1) Sam
2) VJ@hifi
3) anm
4) DeepakPant
5) Prash

--- EQUIPMENT LIST FOR AUDITION ---

AA) AMPLIFIERS
1) QUAD 99 + 909 (pre-power)
2) MARANTZ pm15 s1 (stereo amp)
3) MARANTZ 5003
4) CAMBRIDGE AUDIO ca 500 a

BB) AVR
1) DENON 2309
2) ONKYO SR507 (being brought in by fellow member - sourav)

CC) SOURCE
1) MARANTZ CDP 6002
2) MARANTZ SACD 7001
3) PANASONIC BLUE RAY BD30
4) QUAD CDP (being brought in by Mr. Sudipto Pal)

DD) SPEAKERS
TOWERS
--------
1) DALI IKON 6
2) WHARFEDALE 10.5
3) WHARFEDALE EVO 30 (SIGNATURE SERIES)

BOOKSHELVES
--------------
1) QUAD 11 L2
2) WHARFEDALE 10.1
3) DALI IKON 1

SUBWOOFERS
-------------
1) DEFTECH SUPERCUBE II
2) WHARFEDALE SW150

EE) OTHERS
1) WHAFEDALE SURROUNDS
2) DALI VOCAL 2 (center speaker for HT setup)
3) DIY DAC TDA 1541 A (Mr. Venu to bring it along)
4) PROJECTOR PANASONIC AX200U

FF) LISTENING ROOM
Room Size is 20ft x 12ft effective carpet area.
Its a sound proof AV room, not too intricately treated for acoustics though. But does well for itself.

------------------- DRIVE DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE -------------------

Assuming that most will be coming via Dhaula Kuan.. please read on. Hv tried to be detailed to assist you best.

1) CROSS TOLL
cross toll on the highway, keep movng on the highway. Cross this first fly over.

2) EXIT HIGHWAY FROM A CUT TO YOUR LEFT FOR MEHRAULI / IFFCO CHOWK.
You have to get out of the highway now, so take the exit cut, keep your vehicle at a moderate speed and to your left.
Once you take the exit, you will now be on a road parallel to Jaipur highway and alongside the flyover.

DO NOT TAKE LEFT TURN TOWARDS MEHRAULI !! , cause you have to go to the right side.

3) Reach IFFCO CHOWK red light crossing & Take U-TURN towards DELHI
Yes you have to take a u-turn to Delhi, but only once you reach the signal & the crossing, dont take the u-turn cut under the flyover before the signal.
Keep your vehicle slow and to the left, move 30-50mtrs.

4) Take FIRST LEFT TURN
Once you take the u-turn and drive 50mtrs approx, you will see a decent wide asphalt road, keep going till road ends (about 1.5kms long).
Keep on driving till the ROAD ENDS and TURN RIGHT. (this is the road on which MARUTI's factory is & also this leads to FUN&FOOD VILLAGE)

Now, after turning right, drive straight till you reach the first and the only "faulty T-point Traffic Signal" on this road. Its should not be in working condition i hope! ..Anyway, before this traffic signal you will also find the usual Big Blue Direction Board indicating " <--- PALAM VIHAR "

5) Turn LEFT from this "faulty traffic signal"
This road goes straight to Palam Vihar after crossing sector 21, 22 & 23.
Keep going straight. we have to cross the local market (will come to your right side).
Soon as the markets finish, maintain a slow speed.

Now, there will be two parks on both sides of you and you have to TURN RIGHT, soon as the park on your right side finishes.

Follow this road slowly for 0.5 km and look to your right hand side for this home -->
4310507105_ea5c0c5dc7_o.jpg

Still confused? then call me @ 98116 77500

Last edited:
Hi All,

Can we put a list of CD/BD/DVD that we will be bringing for this event?

IMHO it will help us to stream line the testing process.

my list is below -
BD - Transformers-2 , Spiderman-3
DVD - 2001: A Space Odyssey
CD- Moby, Simon & Garfunkil

Enjoy!
Sid::)

Hi Sid,

I am reconfirming my presence. The effort you are putting to make this a splendid listening / visual sesion is really praiseworthy. Specially your direction and google map - it's fabulous.

Sid, one thing, if you call / list my name as 'Amit' instead of 'Amitnoida', I will be happy.

Today I had a talk with Nirmal Prim. We may come together.

Cheers

-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb

Hi Sid,

I am reconfirming my presence. The effort you are putting to make this a splendid listening / visual sesion is really praiseworthy. Specially your direction and google map - it's fabulous.

Sid, one thing, if you call / list my name as 'Amit' instead of 'Amitnoida', I will be happy.

Today I had a talk with Nirmal Prim. We may come together.

Cheers

My apologies Amit ji. Done the needful. Appreciate the kind words, i am merely coordinating for a time together with friends.

I just hope that power doesnt play a clown that day, for which ggaon is known for despite the fact that i am arranging for a genset for power backup.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back