-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 6th or 7th Feb (date to be confirmed)

Re: -- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb

CONFIRMED MEMBER LIST

1) Viren ji
2) Kamal ji
3) Dr. saab (from gzb)
4) HiFiAshok
5) Denny (Bass & Treble, Dwarka) ------------ Bringing WHARFEDALE sub & 3-4 pairs including both Bookshelves & Towers
6) Sanjay Gupta
7) Ashishkesarwani
8) Pandit ji
9) Helium
10) AmitNoida
11) Dillihifi
12) Venu ------------------------------------ Bringing his DIY DAC for the session.

TENTATIVE MEMBERS
1) Sam
2) VJ@hifi
3) anm
4) DeepakPant
5) Mr. Aneja
6) Prash

lol @ act of wife. Usually its that or the distance to brave through metal asylum on Delhi roads.

Last edited:
Hi All,

I'll also join so put me in confirmed list. I've to manage @act of GOD :).

Siddhartha, if possible can you put an entry on google maps of the location.

It would help us to locate.

Enjoy!
Sid

CLICK TO VIEW VENUE ON GOOGLE MAP
DELHI AUDIOPHILE MEET VENUE

CONFIRMED MEMBER LIST

1) Viren ji
2) Kamal ji
3) Dr. saab (from gzb)
4) HiFiAshok
5) Denny (Bass & Treble, Dwarka) ------------ Bringing WHARFEDALE sub & 3-4 pairs including both Bookshelves & Towers
6) Sanjay Gupta
7) Ashishkesarwani
8) Pandit ji
9) Helium
10) AmitNoida
11) Dillihifi
12) Venu ------------------------------------ Bringing his DIY DAC for the session.
13) Sid Lochan
14) Mr. Sudipto Pal --------------- A ardent admirer of the Quad brand. Has personally met the Walker family of QUAD, U.K. and has a humble setup at his home.
15) Dinesh - (presence confirmed by Ashish)
16) Vijayan - (presence confirmed by Ashish)

TENTATIVE MEMBERS
1) Sam
2) VJ@hifi
3) anm
4) DeepakPant
5) Mr. Aneja
6) Prash

------------------- DRIVE DIRECTIONS TO THE VENUE -------------------

Assuming that most will be coming via Dhaula Kuan.. please read on. Hv tried to be detailed to assist you best.

1) CROSS TOLL
cross toll on the highway, keep movng on the highway. Cross this first fly over.

2) EXIT HIGHWAY FROM A CUT TO YOUR LEFT FOR MEHRAULI / IFFCO CHOWK.
You have to get out of the highway now, so take the exit cut, keep your vehicle at a moderate speed and to your left.
Once you take the exit, you will now be on a road parallel to Jaipur highway and alongside the flyover.

DO NOT TAKE LEFT TURN TOWARDS MEHRAULI !! , cause you have to go to the right side.

3) Reach IFFCO CHOWK red light crossing & Take U-TURN towards DELHI
Yes you have to take a u-turn to Delhi, but only once you reach the signal & the crossing, dont take the u-turn cut under the flyover before the signal.
Keep your vehicle slow and to the left, move 30-50mtrs.

4) Take FIRST LEFT TURN
Once you take the u-turn and drive 50mtrs approx, you will see a decent wide asphalt road, keep going till road ends (about 1.5kms long).
Keep on driving till the ROAD ENDS and TURN RIGHT. (this is the road on which MARUTI's factory is & also this leads to FUN&FOOD VILLAGE)

Now, after turning right, drive straight till you reach the first and the only "faulty T-point Traffic Signal" on this road. Its should not be in working condition i hope! ..Anyway, before this traffic signal you will also find the usual Big Blue Direction Board indicating " <--- PALAM VIHAR "

5) Turn LEFT from this "faulty traffic signal"
Take left towards Palam Vihar & keep going straight.
Cross the complete local market, which shall come to your right side.

Soon as the markets finish, maintain a slow speed.

Now, there will be two parks on both sides of you and you have to TURN RIGHT, soon as the park on your right side finishes.

Follow this road slowly for 0.5 km and look to your right hand side for this home -->
4310507105_ea5c0c5dc7_o.jpg

Still confused? then call me @ 98116 77500

Last edited:

Friends,
I need help.

I am cross-posting in here just since this msg will reach many of the regular members in here.

I am looking for in-ear earphones within 3-10k ..not necessarily that i have to spend 10k surely. I plug in my creative EP630 till now and wanted to get more depth on bass and over all range.

Thanks
posted in the morning

------------

UPDATE @ 4pm
I could make a quick grab a quick CX500 Sennheiser and it does offer better controlled bass than EP630, but over i could not feel much of a difference. Would let it burn in for some hours. So you may ignore the above request.

none the less. tks yet again.

Last edited:
-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb

Dear all,
Thought to update the thread since the meet is around the corner.

Now I claim to have about 0.4% Dr. saab's collection in CDs. *sigh*
Amongst which mostly the numbers would range from genres like:

- Ambient, New age (with smooth low frequency running in the backdrop & the kind of music that shall pour into the ears effortlessly)
- Jazz, easy listening
- Some R&B and Hip-Hop beats for those who would want to pick on waves at 20-30hz from the two subwoofers we shall have (DEFTECH & WHARFEDALE)
Also you could assess the speakers drivers for this range of frequency. Like for some songs i NEVER like to have the sub with the songs while i listen them in AV room but for my car. Its purely a matter of choice.

I somehow cant ingest a third driver thumping in additional bass, it somehow kills it for me. I kinda love the driver in the speaker to the needful, for that matter i loved how Viren sir's new AMITY's handle the lows n highs. Works Perfect!

Coming back to the topic, you definitely are getting along your favorite cd's, so that you can hear on these components as well during the session, for as much time that Kamal sir shall let it play. Yes! he officates in the session as the the master mixer & the jockey as always.

P.S.
i) This is not going to be a short session, so please be prepared for another Act of GOD(-dess) once you reach home post the session.
Better yet to carry back some humble offering to keep her temper at bay!

ii) Snacks/lunch on the house

iii) Pls pardon me, for we dont do drinks at home. Hence not even beer is permitted. So we'd be served with PUNJABI MASALA CHAI on the ROCKs!

iv) Considering Gurgaon's power condition. I shall rent a power backup (generator) to have uninterrupted leisure session with friends

Hola back, for suggestions if any.

wishes for the day

Last edited:
@ Sanjay
i) Yes, as i have also mentioned in my first post that SACD player will be there
ii) Stereo & Surround, both will be there

wishes

Last edited:
@ all friends coming for the session

i) Just got reminded after the last question by Sanjay bhai about SACD player.
So, hereby requesting friends to get your fav. XRCD/SACD, if you have any.

ii) Kindly also bring your fav BDs.

NOTE:
Dont you leave a poor recording behind if you bought one and are not satisfied, we can play that as reference for other member ears at the session, to be cautious while making their future purchase.

-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th Feb (EQUIPMENT LIST FOR THE SESSION)

Dear all,
Kindly find the almost final details of the equipment that shall be available
for audition at the session. With all this at hand, its going to be a long day indeed.

AMPLIFIERS
1) QUAD 99 + 909 (pre-power)
2) MARANTZ pm15 s1 (stereo amp)
3) MARANTZ 5003
4) CAMBRIDGE AUDIO ca 500 a

AVR
1) DENON 2309
2) ONKYO SR507 (being brought in by fellow member - sourav)

SOURCE
1) MARANTZ CDP 6002
2) MARANTZ SACD 7001
3) PANASONIC BLUE RAY BD30

SPEAKERS

TOWERS
--------
1) DALI IKON 6
2) WHARFEDALE 10.5
3) WHARFEDALE EVO 30 (SIGNATURE SERIES)

BOOKSHELVES
--------------
1) QUAD 11 L2
2) WHARFEDALE 10.1
3) DALI IKON 1

SUBWOOFERS
-------------
1) DEFTECH SUPERCUBE II
2) WHARFEDALE SW150

OTHERS
1) WHAFEDALE SURROUNDS
2) DALI VOCAL 2 (center speaker for HT setup)
3) DIY DAC TDA 1541 A (Mr. Venu to bring it along)
4) PROJECTOR PANASONIC AX200U

Best regards
Sid

The set of speakers is very good. I wonder how well would a lyrita amp work with these.

have already done the needful. hope to hv a good news for this. it shall be really nice to have the lil piece of brilliant wood n passion ..between those metal boxes.

brgs

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back