-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 6th or 7th Feb (date to be confirmed)

Sidharth Trehan

-- Audition & meetup @ Gurgaon -- 7th February 2010 (18 members confirmed)

Hello everyone,
Thanks to Kamal sir, Ashok bhai, Viren sir, Nanda Kumar that i am still in touch with the community and happenings but have not been active as i used to be, while i was looking out for advice and support.

Anyway, the point is that a meet has been long long due from my side.
So looking at 6th or 7th February 2010 as a date, so that we have ample time at hand for the friends who would want to join in.

I have a few entry level muscial boxes (amps/speakers) as stated in my signature, which could be auditioned plus i can ask my friend Denny from - Bass & Treble (Dwarka) to lend us some of his - Wharfedale speakers & an amp or two of Marantz/any other brand for the audition. And if someone wants to bring along their own equipment to share & audition is most welcome to do so.

Kindly find the almost final details of the equipment that shall be available
for audition at the session. With all this at hand, its going to be a long day indeed.

AA) AMPLIFIERS

1) QUAD 99 + 909 (pre-power)
2) MARANTZ pm15 s1 (stereo amp)
3) MARANTZ 5003
4) CAMBRIDGE AUDIO ca 500 a

BB) AVR
1) DENON 2309
2) ONKYO SR507 (being brought in by fellow member - sourav)

CC) SOURCE
1) MARANTZ CDP 6002
2) MARANTZ SACD 7001
3) PANASONIC BLUE RAY BD30
4) QUAD CDP (being brought in by Mr. Sudipto Pal)

DD) SPEAKERS
TOWERS
--------
1) DALI IKON 6
2) WHARFEDALE 10.5
3) WHARFEDALE EVO 30 (SIGNATURE SERIES)

BOOKSHELVES
--------------
1) QUAD 11 L2
2) WHARFEDALE 10.1
3) DALI IKON 1

SUBWOOFERS
-------------
1) DEFTECH SUPERCUBE II
2) WHARFEDALE SW150

EE) OTHERS
1) WHAFEDALE SURROUNDS
2) DALI VOCAL 2 (center speaker for HT setup)
3) DIY DAC TDA 1541 A (Mr. Venu to bring it along)
4) PROJECTOR PANASONIC AX200U

FF) LISTENING ROOM
Room Size is 20ft x 12ft effective carpet area.
Its a sound proof AV room, not too intricately treated for acounstics though. But does well for itself. Comments & feedback on improvement shall be welcome.

GG) LOCATION

>>>>>>>>>>>>> CLICK TO VIEW VENUE ON GOOGLE MAP ----> DELHI AUDIOPHILE MEET VENUE
>>>>>>>>>>>>> SEC-22, PALAM VIHAR ROAD, GURGAON (Near Rotary Public School)
>>>>>>>>>>>>> TEL NO. 98116 77500 (mine)

HH) CONFIRMED MEMBERS FOR THE SESSION

1) Viren ji
2) Kamal ji
3) Dr. saab (from gzb)
4) HiFiAshok
5) Denny (Bass & Treble, Dwarka) ------------ Bringing WHARFEDALE sub & 3-4 pairs including both Bookshelves & Towers
6) Sanjay Gupta
7) Ashishkesarwani
8) Pandit ji
9) Helium
10) AmitNoida
11) Dillihifi
12) Venu ------------------------------------ Bringing his DIY DAC for the session.
13) Sid Lochan
14) Mr. Sudipto Pal --------------- A ardent admirer of the Quad brand. Has personally met the Walker family of QUAD, U.K. and has a humble setup at his home.
15) Dinesh - (presence confirmed by Ashish)
16) Vijayant - (presence confirmed by Ashish)
17) Indrojit (Sid's friend)
18) Ritesh - (presence confirmed)
19) Karan - (presence confirmed)
20) Bhupesh - (sid's friend)
21) Nirmal Prim - (confirmed by Kamal ji)

TENTATIVE MEMBERS
1) Sam
2) VJ@hifi
3) anm
4) DeepakPant
5) Prash

Kamal sir, as always is kind enuf to assist in planning this meet and shall be circulating details via sms to the active/interested/regular members of the forum to join in the audition & hear the above equipments in case anyone was planning to pick speakers/amplifiers in the similar or same make/model or would simply join in for the love of music and meetup with other friends from Delhi/NCR areas.

Brgs
Sid - 98116 77500

Last edited:
I think this would be lovely get together for Delhi Audiophiles who are used to meets with lots of music playing, since there's no experience like a actual listening experience.
Plus an excellent opportunity for audiophiles in Delhi/NCR who are on the lookout for audio systems ,to audition them in a proper home environment,with senior audiophiles on hand for consultation/advice.
As usual, plz do come with some of your fav music & some music that you may have picked up recently & wish to share with others, for a really fun time.
Thanks, Sid.

Thanks Kamal sir.

@ Anm, DILLIHIFI
it shall be a pleasure hv friends over.

Also, i missed to mention that :

a) we shall have two Marantz CD Players also to listen to. One of them happens to be an entry level SACD Player.

b) Fun will be to play a track on DENON 2309 AV receiver and then via Marantz PM15 S1 Stereo Amp & lastly to be played via Quad Pre-Power combo,

c) And we can also checkout out Blue ray player - Panasonic BD30 & Panasonic Projector - 200U (720P)

Brgs
Sid

Last edited:
Hi Siddharth
Thanks for the invitation. I would definitely try and make it..Would like to listen to the Quad 11Ls with Quad pre-power. Would be grateful if you could ask Denny if convenient to bring a Wharfdale SW 150 to be paired with the 11ls as I have the same seakers and am looking for a sub.

Look forward to meeting up with fellow members.

I am very new to the forum. Would love to be part of the meet. I can come along with my Onkyo TX-SR507 in case anybody interested.

@ Pandit ji
Surely, i shall ask Denny for this and rather shall compile all the requests and see what all we can plug n play.

@ Saurav
Good to meet you. I hope friends willing to have a go at Onkyo shall hola back in due course, we have quite sometime at hand.
What do you do otherwise?

Just a request to all, who so ever may be willing to join in for the session kindly advise back with their respective mobile numbers. It shall become easier to coordinate for anything that be needed just before the meet up day.

Wishes
Sid

Thanks for your Invitation Siddharta, but its too early to commit for Feburary, will definitely try to make it to your place,and will let you know well in advance.

@ Ashish
Most welcome. Yes, we can firm up the confirmed members first week of Feb.

But planning in advance should help, since i foresee this meet to be quite an interesting one from testing various options available for potential buyers. The session could seemingly run quite a few hours, if participation level is high.

Filhaal, the idea was to just get everyone aware.

See you

Hi Siddharth,

Thanks for the invitation. I wiill try to be present. Listening to audio system in home environment is always important. Specially I am interested to have a first time feel of room treatment in home environment. Also, I will have opportunity to listen to Quad spkr. I like to carry some of my fav music CD, if you permit.

had a query from people keen ..
Do we have any gamer amongst us who would like to have a session of Xbox later after the auditions are done with, in the AV room?

Let me know so that i could make arrangements and bring in a few popular titles that could be played with the group around.

Wishes

Hi,

I will be there if I am in town! I shall also bring my DIY TDA 1541 A DAC if anybody is interested!

rgds,
Venu

had a query from people keen ..
Do we have any gamer amongst us who would like to have a session of Xbox later after the auditions are done with, in the AV room?

Let me know so that i could make arrangements and bring in a few popular titles that could be played with the group around.

Wishes

Yes I would love playing Need 4 Speed Franchisee on the Xbox360, I wouldn't call myself a gamer but I love racing games and I happen to have a Ps3 for this very purpose.

After having missed the Delhi meet, would not want to miss the one closer home! Please count me in.

@ VENU, ASHISH & DANCC
Shall be a pleasure to have u at the day.

@ Venu
Sure, u may pls bring the ur DIY creation.

@ Ashish
Am not a gamer either, but do like to play once a while. Will 'BURNOUT' be fine instead of 'NFS' ?

Count me in, please. Would love to simply meet up with other A/V enthusiasts.

PS: Guys I am not sure it is a good idea to be posting personal phone numbers and/or addresses in an open forum. Wouldn't email or PM be more appropriate for that?.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back