Automatic hatch - First car suggestion.

Second that. And VW extends its warranty till seven years so you are protected.

Go with the heart. You don’t buy a car every day! Some may see no discount as a positive sign too. GT TSI is an exclusive group - do read the thread on Team-BHP. An enthusiasts’ car. Test drive it and zip off from a green signal. You may reconsider the budget.

Buy Polo GTI you will not regret it.
DSG gearbox is delight.You will not drive any other automatic car after you drive DSG.
I have swift (2008) VDi still running.
Ameo D 7 Speed DSG(2016)
and Now Skoda Octavia D l&K
Love DSG.
Always smiling face at gearshift.

Hopefully when I upgrade to 2nd car, DSG will be my first option. Hopefully we will have some vRS models by then.

Heading to Honda for further negotiation now. Lets see how it goes. :)
Thanks everyone for the valuable suggestion so far.

Great, all the best, Jazz won't disappoint you. .They should give you discounts since I have been getting smses offering discounts from Viva Honda , Mumbai off late. Currently the the auto industry is doing bad so they may give in. At least they may throw in some accessories .

Hopefully when I upgrade to 2nd car, DSG will be my first option. Hopefully we will have some vRS models by then.

Heading to Honda for further negotiation now. Lets see how it goes. :)
Thanks everyone for the valuable suggestion so far.
you will not need VRS model.
Pl.do not buy Honda if you have german car in your heart.You will be troubled inside for 3 to 5 years.;)

you will not need VRS model.
Pl.do not buy Honda if you have german car in your heart.You will be troubled inside for 3 to 5 years.;)

After having owned Jazz for 7.5 years, still no regrets or disappointments from within. Maintenance is also great. Having sat inside my friends VW 1.6 polo car which a is very good car with a lot more power no doubt but yet absolutely no regrets for the price paid.

After having owned Jazz for 7.5 years, still no regrets or disappointments from within. Maintenance is also great. Having sat inside my friends VW 1.6 polo car which a is very good car with a lot more power no doubt but yet absolutely no regrets for the price paid.
I tried the jazz automatic before booking the gt tsi. It’s spacious and a good car for family use. VW is a drivers car and the gt tsi is meant for pple who enjoy driving.

Hi All,

I am planning to get my first car very soon. I am considering hatch back and below is my shortlist with varying price range.
Please help me without your feedback.

Price mentioned is before negotiation.
1) Hyundai i10Nios Sportz AMT - close to 8.6L
2) Honda Jazz VX CVT - close to 11L (I will pass the Amaze for other reasons.)
3) Swift ZXI+ AMT - close to 10L
4) Hyundai i20 CVT Sportz - close to 10L

Family of 4 as of now. Used mostly for office commute ~20KM per day in Bangalore traffic and weekend drive ~40KM in Bangalore.
Occasional highway run. Expecting my annual usuage to be around 5K KM.

Jazz is BS4 I believe. So is it ok to spend close to 11L now ?
i20 scares me on the mileage front.

I am almost close to booking i10 Nios, but my family is pushing for Jazz since we have one in our extended family.

I have absolutely no interest in cars. And haven't ever bought one with my own money. My first car was gifted by my dad on my wedding..And the second was bought by my wife from her own money.

But one look at those prices, explains the doldrums in which the auto industry is. Can't believe one has spend close to 10L to get a automatic hatch back these days. If it were me, I would spend those 10L on a pair of focal sopra No.2 speakers, and go walking everywhere. It would still be worth the effort for me. Just my 2 cents form my view point. Didn't mean to derail the thread.

Awesome choice. I had booked a jazz before cancelling the booking and going for the elder sister. Other than the 1.5 litre engine, everything else pointed to the Jazz.
Wishing you lots of happy smiles n miles with the Jazz.

I have absolutely no interest in cars. And haven't ever bought one with my own money. My first car was gifted by my dad on my wedding..And the second was bought by my wife from her own money.

But one look at those prices, explains the doldrums in which the auto industry is. Can't believe one has spend close to 10L to get a automatic hatch back these days. If it were me, I would spend those 10L on a pair of focal sopra No.2 speakers, and go walking everywhere. It would still be worth the effort for me. Just my 2 cents form my view point. Didn't mean to derail the thread.

Totally agree with you Newlash. With the parking headaches, crater ridden roads, illogical fines, and astronomical price of cars makes more sense investing in audio & take Uber.

And haven't ever bought one with my own money. My first car was gifted by my dad on my wedding..And the second was bought by my wife from her own money.
Lucky you :)
If it were me, I would spend those 10L on a pair of focal sopra No.2 speakers, and go walking everywhere
Or get a nice bicycle, maybe :cool:

Totally agree with you Newlash. With the parking headaches, crater ridden roads, illogical fines, and astronomical price of cars makes more sense investing in audio & take Uber.

Completely makes sense to me. A good speaker if probably looked after lasts a life time. And Iam given to believe that a car's usable age is usually 6 years. So a huge loss with every purchase. I travel mostly by ola, unless Iam visiting someone in the immediate neighbour hood where the drive down time is less than the waiting time for a ola or uber to show up.

But of course I don't have any office to attend to . And I only go out for pleasure, so it suits my needs. But I can understand the compulsion to have one if one has to travel regularly for work. But that said, I still find the pricing insane.

Lucky you :)

Or get a nice bicycle, maybe :cool:

Haha...I bought my daughter a new bicycle when she already had one. She now knows why :D

To realize ,drive DSG for 100 kilometers and then sit on drivers seat of your Jazz.
Statuary Warning
You will purchase DSG car this Diwali.
Congratulations and welcome to Family in advance.:p

To realize ,drive DSG for 100 kilometers and then sit on drivers seat of your Jazz.
Statuary Warning
I wanted to say the same :) I drove the jazz automatic and then booked the GT tsi polo. Only when you sit in the driver seat you will know the difference. The other 3 seats were not my concern. Yes for same price you get a lot of option with cars that offer more space. But for a petrohead VW and other german cars are the ones

Last edited:
Statuary Warning

Sure Sir, no dispute regarding that VW is a driver's car. Only utility, cabin/boot spacewise Jazz is a good family car with a decent driving experience. I will surely take your's & Love4sound's advice :D

Last edited:
I am expecting my car to be delivered next week. Planning to get 3M nomad mats (probably for boot as well).

Any inputs on PPF / ceramic coating ? Seems to be an expensive affair. Original plan was to get PPF for scratch prone parts, still it seems costly. Since it is a white car, I am considering ceramic coating as well. Ceramic pro quoted 25K to 60K over phone, yet to check other places (Autotriz - HRBR, Ultimate Detailerz - off Sarjapur Road, 3M Car Care - HSR).

Water repellent on windshield looks cool.
My usage will be 70:30 (Bangalore City:Highway). Please suggest.

I am expecting my car to be delivered next week. Planning to get 3M nomad mats (probably for boot as well).

Any inputs on PPF / ceramic coating ? Seems to be an expensive affair. Original plan was to get PPF for scratch prone parts, still it seems costly. Since it is a white car, I am considering ceramic coating as well. Ceramic pro quoted 25K to 60K over phone, yet to check other places (Autotriz - HRBR, Ultimate Detailerz - off Sarjapur Road, 3M Car Care - HSR).

Water repellent on windshield looks cool.
My usage will be 70:30 (Bangalore City:Highway). Please suggest.
I am using 3m nomad pads and it’s an amazing product. Don’t fall for the ppf and ceramic coating. For entire car the ppf will cost you nearly a lakh in 3m. On some garages they install for 60-70k. You can just keep this money and paint your car once in 2 years. Ceramic coating also is expensive. Just do the regular detailing once in 8-12 months and your car will look good. Ppf on a white car will turn yellowish soon as well. It’s just my opinion

I am using 3m nomad pads and it’s an amazing product. Don’t fall for the ppf and ceramic coating. For entire car the ppf will cost you nearly a lakh in 3m. On some garages they install for 60-70k. You can just keep this money and paint your car once in 2 years. Ceramic coating also is expensive. Just do the regular detailing once in 8-12 months and your car will look good. Ppf on a white car will turn yellowish soon as well. It’s just my opinion
Ceramic coating in Honda cost 16K. Detailing once a year might be a good idea.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back