Automatic hatch - First car suggestion.

Ceramic coating in Honda cost 16K. Detailing once a year might be a good idea.
Applying ceramic coating involves a lot of process and will cost you more. There are a lot of brands available. I am guessing they are going to just do some basic detailing and apply some average ceramic coating that is available online for a cheap price and that is why 16k. Never ever trust the showroom for detailing. Just for regular service and for detailing and any other cosmetic maintenance just go to 3m or any other nearby reputed garage.

As @Love4sound suggested, just do the regular exterior and interior detailing at least once a year, Ceramic Pro is the best dealer for ceramic coatings, But it will cost you more and will save your car only from minor scratches, I own a ford figo Sports edition - White colour, I have applied 3M PPF on door edges, 3m confirmed it will not turn yellowish, But over a period of time, Its turning out to be in pale yellowish colour, If you look closely its looking odd.

Guys, I agree we like to keep our cars clean and good looking as much as possible
As an enthusiastic I would also love to but my blood boils when a 2 wheeler or 3 wheeler comes and scratches it badly.
So I like to keep a car in best mechanical health and don't care about the appearance part.
I would strongly suggest to do basic detailing as suggested by other's and use money saved to upgrade tyres right when It's out of showroom.
You will get a good buy back for factory tyres as well.
Remember, tyres are the only contact between it and the road surface so it should be as best as possible.

Last edited:
Completely makes sense to me. A good speaker if probably looked after lasts a life time. And Iam given to believe that a car's usable age is usually 6 years. So a huge loss with every purchase. I travel mostly by ola, unless Iam visiting someone in the immediate neighbour hood where the drive down time is less than the waiting time for a ola or uber to show up.

But of course I don't have any office to attend to . And I only go out for pleasure, so it suits my needs. But I can understand the compulsion to have one if one has to travel regularly for work. But that said, I still find the pricing insane.

Some of us ride to commute, some to drive. For the former cabs make more practical sense these days. But the latter are like hifi lovers who won’t enjoy the back seat and want the joy of wheels at their hands. Traffic, fines, potholes etc. don’t limit them... just like space constraints, inconvenience, maintenance effort doesn’t limit the hifi lovers. While we understand your reasons, you could appreciate our passion.

Guys, I agree we like to keep our cars clean and good looking as much as possible
As an enthusiastic I would also love to but my blood boils when a 2 wheeler or 3 wheeler comes and scratches it badly.
So I like to keep a car in best mechanical health and don't care about the appearance part.
I would strongly suggest to do basic detailing as suggested by other's and use money saved to upgrade tyres right when It's out of showroom.
You will get a good buy back for factory tyres as well.
Remember, tyres are the only contact between it and the road surface so it should be as best as possible.
I understand your point.
I am checking on the Tyre upgrade, at least the dealer mentioned that I can opt for upgrade outside but cautioned me on the mileage and performance. Since it is a CVT.

He is just trying to fool you. how does it matter what kind of gearbox it is
Mileage can decrease if you upsize but
Stick to factory tyre size and go for a better tyre

Okay, stickier rubber might decrease mileage by 1 percent or 2.

What would you prefer ? A km more per ltr. Or better braking and grip?.
It won't be useful always but accidents happen once and few mtrs of better braking would make a difference between life and death

I understand your point.
I am checking on the Tyre upgrade, at least the dealer mentioned that I can opt for upgrade outside but cautioned me on the mileage and performance. Since it is a CVT.
Dealers are clueless people who don’t known anything other then following a set of instructions so never enquire about anything with them. Check team-bhp and other jazz owners. The first thing I did after taking my car for delivery is upgrade my tyres

I understand your point.

I don't think Honda would suggest any tyre upgrade where the thickness is concerned. I also wanted to go for thicker tyres as against the standard tyres which came with them & spoke to them. They discouraged me so I went with their decision. Pls check your warranty validity with Honda if you plan to change the tyre thickness.
I am not an expert but assuming that there should be enough space available for the tyres within the body of the car when you are turning them & should not rub against anything.

Dealers are clueless people who don’t known anything other then following a set of instructions so never enquire about anything with them. Check team-bhp and other jazz owners. The first thing I did after taking my car for delivery is upgrade my tyres
Off-topic - I love team bhp for its content. I am yet to be accepted.

I see team-bhp merchandise can be bought by non-member as well. One can use it to show his affinity towards the forum or it is meant only for the BHPian's ?

Off-topic - I love team bhp for its content. I am yet to be accepted.

I see team-bhp merchandise can be bought by non-member as well. One can use it to show his affinity towards the forum or it is meant only for the BHPian's ?

If it can be bought by non-member, I dont see why one shouldn't use it
I understand your point.

These Honda guys are too finicky a lot ! But It is 200% recommended to go in for a better tyre over stock ones. Whether you upsize or not is purely your choice, but a better rubber helps a lot in times of emergency braking and manoeuvres

I understand your point.
Check if any warranty stuff gets negated if you change size.
Some companies play such games.
Cheers,
Raghu

I understand your point.

Just for the experience part, have changed tyres right out of the showroom for 7 out of our 9 cars. This includes Maruthi , Mahindra, Hyundai, Skoda, Ford as well !

Just for the experience part, have changed tyres right out of the showroom for 7 out of our 9 cars. This includes Maruthi , Mahindra, Hyundai, Skoda, Ford as well !

Absolutely worth it
Changed ecosport Goodyear assurance to Michelin p3st right out of showroom
Paid 10000 extra for 5 new tyres in exchange of old tyres
Recently changed to p4st in same car
Absolutely worth it

Looks like the new HSRP number plates are getting delayed in KA. Dealer printed the number and pasted on the windshield and said it is good enough till I get the HSRP plate. Seen lot of two wheeler with "To register" paper in Bangalore now

Can I drive around with this arrangement ? I carry all other documentation for the vehicle.

Last edited:
Check if any warranty stuff gets negated if you change size.
Some companies play such games.
Cheers,
Raghu

I changed my stock tyres of my Honda city in the year 2016 the first day of purchase from the pathetic MRF to Michelin XM-2 as per the Team-BHP reviews and got a good deal. I did not expect Honda providing MRF even on my top end VX (o) model :mad:
No warranty issues from Honda dealers and definitely a lot of improvement especially with braking and making my city a little bit taller in Bangalore humps.

I changed my stock tyres of my Honda city in the year 2016 the first day of purchase from the pathetic MRF to Michelin XM-2 as per the Team-BHP reviews and got a good deal. I did not expect Honda providing MRF even on my top end VX (o) model :mad:
No warranty issues from Honda dealers and definitely a lot of improvement especially with braking and making my city a little bit taller in Bangalore humps.

Unless you don't upsize they don't create a fuss with warranty.
And worst they would have issues with suspension related warranty. They can't say we will void warranty for blown ac compressor if you upsize tyres.

So it's ok even if you stick to Same size tyres. Just using better ones should be big enough Improvement

Unless you don't upsize they don't create a fuss with warranty.
And worst they would have issues with suspension related warranty. They can't say we will void warranty for blown ac compressor if you upsize tyres.

So it's ok even if you stick to Same size tyres. Just using better ones should be big enough Improvement

You are right. As long as the size & the tyre thickness is maintained Honda dealers are fine with it. Last year I changed from their stock MRF to Yokohama Earth 1 which are manufactured keeping the Indian roads in mind.

Recently i bought i20 automatic, i must say its best car for features around 10 lakh.

Rim size does matter bro. A good tyre make low noise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I drove in rain for sometime and I noticed condensation in headlight. Sealant has given way ? I will talk to Honda guys today. Should I be worried about this ?

Attachments

• 20191003_000536.jpg
    20191003_000536.jpg
    944.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20191003_000533.jpg
    20191003_000533.jpg
    932.8 KB · Views: 18
Yesterday I drove in rain for sometime and I noticed condensation in headlight. Sealant has given way ? I will talk to Honda guys today. Should I be worried about this ?

This is what I meant when I said Honda quality has gone down drastically.

Try and get a replacement from Honda. But I am sure it's huge quality control issue and most probably the replacement will have same defect

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back