Automatic hatch - First car suggestion.

Yesterday I drove in rain for sometime and I noticed condensation in headlight. Sealant has given way ? I will talk to Honda guys today. Should I be worried about this ?
These are simple issues and best identified during warranty. but get it fixed soon

Yesterday I drove in rain for sometime and I noticed condensation in headlight. Sealant has given way ? I will talk to Honda guys today. Should I be worried about this ?

Sir, nothing to get worried. Ideally it should not happen in a new car though & tends to happen in some cases after a few years. Since the car is under warranty period pls notify the Honda dealer. I have noticed this condensation in some Skoda headlights too.

This Saturday I am planning to visit Magnum - Kanakapura road service center and push for replacement.
Will post my updates here.
Edit:
As expected service guy told it is an expected thing in Honda cars over call. He is saying nothing to be worried or nothing to be done.
I will have to follow escalation route I think.

The inside lenses of exterior lights (headlights, brake lights, etc.) may fog temporarily
if you have driven in the rain, or after the vehicle has been run through a car wash.
Dew condensation also may build up inside the lenses when there is a significant
enough difference between the ambient and inside lens temperatures (similar to
vehicle windows fogging up in rainy conditions). These conditions are natural
processes, not structural design problems in the exterior lights.
Lens design characteristics may result in moisture developing on the light lens frame
surfaces. This also is not a malfunction.
However, if you see large amounts of water accumulation, or large water drops
building up inside the lenses, have your vehicle inspected by a dealer.

Found this in the manual.

Last edited by a moderator:
As expected service guy told it is an expected thing in Honda cars over call. He is saying nothing to be worried or nothing to be done.
I will have to follow escalation route I think.

Mine is the 2012 Jazz, till now no such condensation issue with head lights during rains so far. In case if it gets worse with a lot of water collecting inside the lamps then please escalate the issue directly with Honda cars India. I had done the same with an unscrupulous dealer who scratched my car & damaged my rear sensor when I had given the car for servicing. Honda had taken prompt action.

Mine is the 2012 Jazz, till now no such condensation issue with head lights during rains so far. In case if it gets worse with a lot of water collecting inside the lamps then please escalate the issue directly with Honda cars India. I had done the same with an unscrupulous dealer who scratched my car & damaged my rear sensor when I had given the car for servicing. Honda had taken prompt action.

Yes, I am escalating it already. Service guy was trying to be smart saying only 2019 models has this problem.
Involved Honda India and Dealer now, lets see how it goes.

This is the response from the dealer. Please suggest me on the course of action.

Can someone share this issue in team-bhp to get more inputs, since I don't have account yet ? Note: I am not sure if this is required. Please Ignore if so.

Attachments

• 20191003_193746.jpg
    20191003_193746.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 18
This is the response from the dealer. Please suggest me on the course of action.

Can someone share this issue in team-bhp to get more inputs, since I don't have account yet ? Note: I am not sure if this is required. Please Ignore if so.

I would suggest you to double check directly with Honda. Many times they are unaware what the dealers are up to. They won't tarnish their reputation by having an unsatisfied customer. Let them also clarify what the dealer is saying.

Ask them how can headlights optimally when such mist is formed inside the headlight
Also tell them to write on company letterhead what they sent you by email.

Not a big deal. If the car is under warranty, push the dealer for a replacement. They'll oblige. If not, its an hour long job at your friendly neighborhood garage.

Honda india is not helpful so far. Still fighting the case. They just saw the photo of condensation and came to this conclusion. Vehicle is not inspected yet by them.

Might be a minor thing but how Honda / dealer handling the issue so far is really surprising.

Any inputs on this is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 20191004_113421.jpg
    20191004_113421.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 12
To keep everyone updated on the issue, after multiple discussion with Honda and dealer I decided to monitor my headlamp for some more time. Dealer promised to support if there is anything.

I had issue with HU (android auto was not working), they replaced the HU recently. Overall I am enjoying the car.

Major addition is Viofo 129 Duo dash cam, really satisfied with the clarify and functionality. As of now using it with USB power. I recommend this to everyone, little pricey but worth it.

Was thinking of buying a small car for my daughter to commute to college and this thread caught my eye.
Add VW GT TSI to the test drive list.
Built solid too.
Agree to the quoted part. Recently a dumb bloke managed to fly off a newly constructed flyover in Hyderabad and miraculously, managed to survive but sadly killing a bystander and injuring several others in the process. Two others in the car also survived the crash.

Was thinking of buying a small car for my daughter to commute to college and this thread caught my eye.

Agree to the quoted part. Recently a dumb bloke managed to fly off a newly constructed flyover in Hyderabad and miraculously, managed to survive but sadly killing a bystander and injuring several others in the process. Two others in the car also survived the crash.

I own a Vento for 10 years. Best car ever i had. No break down. Done 120000 kms on it.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back