AV cabinet cooling

ajeetk

HI Forum members,

Is there any cooling fan or similar solution is available to cool AV cabinets except Aircom infinity.

I see AC Infinity products are very high priced. looking for alternate options.

I am using this got it for 1200, keeps the AVR cool. Cheap and easy solution. But now it is out of stock. Similar products would work. Buy for 17inch size laptops they fit perfectly on the AVR.

I am using this got it for 1200, keeps the AVR cool. Cheap and easy solution. But now it is out of stock. Similar products would work. Buy for 17inch size laptops they fit perfectly on the AVR.

Sure Amruth, thanks for info will keep it as an option

This looks super cool, what is the bottom equipment Amruth, crown pa?

Also how much noise it add overall?
Yes it is a crown xls 2002, the laptop cooler is fairly silent barley notice it when playing movies or music.

I just heard crowns turn on the fan just once or twice, they do are audible but nothing to worry as once the temperature threshold is reached they stop. And this happens within span of 1-3 mins.

I built my own cooling fan by buying fans online from robu.in and used an led choke as adapter.Total expediture 200 and it keeps my AVR cool

Fans are available for as cheap as 50rs in local market

I built my own cooling fan by buying fans online from robu.in and used an led choke as adapter.Total expediture 200 and it keeps my AVR cool

Fans are available for as cheap as 50rs in local market
Does it have any noise?

I have a slightly unusual setup in that my AVR, streamer, Int Amp etc are all housed in a hidden closet under the stairs (in addition to a server that also generates fair amount of heat).
What this means for me is that I use a laptop cooler very similar to @amrutmhatre90 on top of the AVR and 3 X80mm fans (2 push, 1 pull) on the closet (Pull fan at bottom)

Taken together, they seem to do the job quite well.
Here are the readings over the last few weeks from the fan controller sensor - which is mounted right next to the exhaust from the cooler on top of the AVR. The peaks (which also indicate remain well below 40C.

Considering this is almost peak summer in Pune, I’d say that using a laptop cooler for a open space AVR (or laptop cooler + closet exhausts for a closed cabinet setup) should be adequate and more

E43D0A34-BA6E-4D56-97AA-42E5EFFB48C0.jpeg

I have a slightly unusual setup in that my AVR, streamer, Int Amp etc are all housed in a hidden closet under the stairs (in addition to a server that also generates fair amount of heat).
What this means for me is that I use a laptop cooler very similar to @amrutmhatre90 on top of the AVR and 3 X80mm fans (2 push, 1 pull) on the closet (Pull fan at bottom)

Taken together, they seem to do the job quite well.
Here are the readings over the last few weeks from the fan controller sensor - which is mounted right next to the exhaust from the cooler on top of the AVR. The peaks (which also indicate remain well below 40C.

Considering this is almost peak summer in Pune, I’d say that using a laptop cooler for a open space AVR (or laptop cooler + closet exhausts for a closed cabinet setup) should be adequate and more

View attachment 68625
Does the pull in fan pull dust also ? Or you put some filter also.
And yes Pune is getting hotter :)

Does the pull in fan pull dust also ? Or you put some filter also.
And yes Pune is getting hotter :)
It does pull in dust - but since its indoor, its relatively limited.
I have a much bigger problem with dog hair (2 dogs in the house ) - so vacuuming the fans / closet once every month or so is required

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back