AV components purchase in Dubai

rpmahale

Plan to visit Dubai next week. Willing to purchase speakers and AV receiver ( Monitor Audio BX series and Denon AVR x3300) . Please advice on AV shopping places in Dubai , advantage of Dubai Shopping Festival , how to carry products to India, allowed free weight in flight and Indian custom duty charges etc. Any other information you wish to share which will be helpful in future.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Plan to visit Dubai next week. Willing to purchase speakers and AV receiver ( Monitor Audio BX series and Denon AVR x3300) . Please advice on AV shopping places in Dubai , advantage of Dubai Shopping Festival , how to carry products to India, allowed free weight in flight and Indian custom duty charges etc. Any other information you wish to share which will be helpful in future.

BX is older variant which is not available these days. Bronze is the current series.

You might want to try MA Bronze with Yamaha instead.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Thanx for input. Will look for MA Bronze as well as MR series also. Those FM who owns MA Bronze or MR series please give your input. Give information on duty calculation at indian custom.

Hi

Weight depends on the airlines.....you can visit the airline website and check how much is extra KGs gonna cost....also you will have no warranty.....Thomson Electronics, Jacky's and other stores like Jumbo Electronics are reputed sellers where you will get proper original stuff, not sure if they have online shopping portals which will provide the rates for you to review and decide if it is worth the effort to bring stuff all the way...

Our customs here in India all depend on which flight, what time and the mood they are in.....check the air customs website to understand what rates would apply and what would be duty free....

Thanks friend for your valuable suggestions. Currently own Denon AVR 2113 & JBL SCS 200.5 speakers. Shall I first upgrade better quality AVR or only better quality speakers.

You might like to try out Dubai Audio. This is a medium to slightly higher end Audio store at 1st Interchange on Sheikh Zyed road- bang opposite the Burj Khaleefa. You will have options to choose from.

Kishor

Thanks friend for your valuable suggestions. Currently own Denon AVR 2113 & JBL SCS 200.5 speakers. Shall I first upgrade better quality AVR or only better quality speakers.

in your case, speakers first. is your room size small that you went for sats? if that is the case, then look at better sats to upgrade

duty is about 28-30%. since you are hand carrying, it depends on you luck, you could also get away without any duty.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back