availability of brand new vinyl in bangalore

brand new lps are available at reliance time out on cunningham road in bangalore. they will also be available at calypso in 3 block jayanagar bangalore shortly. any other places in bangalore? would be helpfull.

thanks 4 the news!!!
pls provide more info on title and pricing!!!

Whoah!! Any news about Delhi? I guess they should be available at Reliance stores in Delhi/Gurgaon as well then right?

??????? vinyl available in commercial stores? finyl vinyl can you post the odyssey phone number?

thanks

I called up reliance timeout and they are indeed storing new vinyls.:licklips:
I was quoted the price starts from Rs 999. Good to see the Vinyl revolution is making a comeback.

Whoah!! Any news about Delhi? I guess they should be available at Reliance stores in Delhi/Gurgaon as well then right?

I came across 3 Lps at Reliance Ambience Mall, Gurgaon yesterday but the prices were insane starting from 4.5k and the titles which they had were Beetles and some other mix titles, they were all directly imported ones but the prices and non avaliability of variety turned me off.

I was browsing through Odyssey in Adyar today when I came across a whole rack of brand new LPs. Titles/Artists included Linkin Park, Beatles, Doors, Eagles, Fleetwood Mac and others. The general price seems to be around Rs.800 an LP.

Cheers

It seems for all apperently right reasons I am living in the wrong part of the country. No sight of new LP any where I look.:sad:

This is exciting :yahoo:

can't wait for the weekend to go and check out the stores...where is Odyssey in Indiranagar?

It seems for all apperently right reasons I am living in the wrong part of the country. No sight of new LP any where I look.:sad:

Hi Mahiruha,

Kolkata is the place where almost all Indian LPs were produced for many many decades, so it is time for us to get even now :)

Thanks,
Sharad

Guys, this is all thanks to my friends at EMI Music (who are also the licensees for Warner bros Records) in India for getting the vinyls down. After screaming myself hoarse for the 10 years I worked in the music retail bizniz and being being called a dinosaur who listens to fossilised music by my ex-boss, I feel I have been vindicated. Right now I'm trying to coax the sales managers at Sony Music and Universal Music to import LPs. But those guys tend to wake up about seven to ten years too late.

After years of groping by pundits and experts in the dark about where the industry was heading to, (I admit even I got very paranoid and after having made many predictions of downloading and memory, USB sticks, mobile phones, hand held devices, streaming audio and sandisks etc), I moved out of it. All this time the answer was staring us right in the face; back to basics Vinyl LP.

If now they can find superior, lighter, stronger and more durable materials for LP records, then the future of digital music (dare I say) is over. :clapping::thumbsup::yahoo::cheers:

Hi,

Went to Odyssey at Adyar,and its great to see new Vinyl in a store in India.

I picked up

Joni Mitchel-Blue

Norah Jones-Come Away With Me

Prices for these two(standard pressing) were around Rs 800/

The 180gm Lp's are around Rs.1700-2000.

I could see some Eagles,Clapton,Doors,Greatful Dead,America,Neil Young,Steve Miller Band(anyone remember them) etc.

There was a box set of the Travelling Willburys but at Rs6000/odd I had to leave it on the shelf.The Beatles Parlphone mono records are around Rs.550the White Album 180gm IS Rs.3000/

Does Landmark in Chennai have Vinyl?

The sticker on the LP shrink wrap says Imported by Virgin India (PVT Ltd),so apart from EMI/Warner is Virgin also importing Vinyl Lp's?

Regards
Rajiv

Last edited:
Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back