availability of brand new vinyl in bangalore

Hi,

Bro. The transcription deck has been in the family since 1976. Bought new by my dad then. Thanks all the same. I'm glad to see people appreciate now what I was tripping on 35 years ago

Wow its a real pleasure to have here then,35yrs man thats some music listening you have done ;) !!

Downloading music for free is the reason people like me had to move out of music retail and start selling mattresses

Well what can I say ? I've tripped down that lane myself buddy ! have closed two outlets on two different places (way way back in 1998) and have to move to jobbing !! So I know more then anyone.........

You want quality, pay for it

Well well with Indian companies ??? I don't want to pay a nickle for their cheapass quality,Please don't get me started on this debate ! Importing each and every cd is not practical either (but I have most of them) !

These are not available as yet

There you go !! what Am I supposed to do now ? not listen to music at all and junk all the hardware just coz I don't have an option to legally buy a damn music in this country ??

Hope you don't mistake me,but Am so frustrated with these Music companies and their attitude that Am willing to openly support music downloads on the net just to make these companies either shut shop or sell quality music at reasonable price !!

Anyways,You didn't reply to my offer for your visit to my place ;)!

Regards.

While I do not agree with what Reliance is selling it at (but then I do not agree with anything that Reliance does) I think the price range of 800-1500 is absolutely fine for new imported pressings.

There's no such thing as a free lunch.

I agree dude, Rs 800 - Rs 1500 is just about ok for new vinyl...

Speak to Lohor Sanyal at the Park Street store. I think he is now the merchandising head. I'll speak to see if RPG is going to reissue some of the old classics like Aandhi, Amar Prem, Aradhna, Pakeezah, Umrao Jaan, et cetc etc. But I have no influence there as they have to make them as opposed to import them like the other labels.

By the way, if you do see a copy of Usha Utthup "Scotch and Soda", please hold one for me. I will pay you if you can send it over.

hi vinyl,
thanks for the info. If I manage to located will definitely get it for you. Actually today I found out that my sister who lives in Bangalore knows about this shop Odyssey at indiranagar and its close to their place. I am happy that sourcing vinyl from Bangalore will be easy now.:clapping:
Thanks.

Folks,

Bought my first new vinyl LP in India may be after 20+ years. Went to Odyssey Indiranagar, Bangalore and bought a Fleetwood Mac 'Rumors' LP for around 950/-

This is an import. Brilliant quality.

Quite a nice collection of Doors, Beatles, Eagles, Queen, Van Halen, Led Zep....Not bad. Instant gratification of buying from a shop.

Cheers.

Checked out Odyessey yesterday (was dying to get there ever since I got to know they stock Vinyls). They had about 15-20 records on sale :(

The had a couple of albums of the eagles, a few from the doors, one Queen (a day at the races), couple of coldplay, fleetwood mac's rumours (guess anilva's picked that up), some iron maiden, a led zep collection.

The norah jones album was 'come away with me'. They also have a james taylor album, guess someone was asking for him here...

A couple of albums were in the 800-1K range but the rest were higher...the led zep collectioin was for 2800!

There were four titles from maiden - AMOLAD and dance of death (both albums a true maiden fan would pass) and somewhere back in time tour tracklist (2.2K) and flight 666 soundtrack (1.8K)...

ended up buying nothing...its good to see that vinyl is finally making a mainstream comeback albiet in a small (and expensive) way...hopfully the prices would stablize to a more affordable level sooner than later...

Got very curious of vinyl talk here, headed straight to Odyssey, Adyar, here in Chennai. Yes, it was a sight to behold, an entire rack of brand new vinyls. Spent nearly 30 minutes in the vinyl section, picking each one of them and having a look. If only I had a TT, I would have bought a couple of them, were so tempting.

Prices are fine IMO considering they are import. Iron Maiden fans are in for a treat, they have a sealed box with 4-5 vinyls in it, costing i think around 2800 or something as somebody said above.

:)

Ladies,

Vinyl available at Rhythm House, Mumbai too. Only they seem to be vinyl versions of digital remasters.

Ladies and Ledas, if you'd like to buy any of the Warner and EMI stuff, you can write off line or PM me. The price here will be about 10-15% off the MRP. I have no control over the MRP, so don't even try to bargain on that.

The "fill rate" is about 50%. (meaning, only half the stuff ordered was supplied). again, I have no control over this. for the EMI titles, all starting with the numbers 05 are singles. Units 1 are one record and 2 is a double and so on.

For warner LP 0001 is one records, Lp0002 is two and so on. Please be cautious when ordering. I will revert to each of you individually on whether you have ordered 45 rpm singles or albums or double/triple or multiple album sets.

Prices vary from title to title, so be ready to loosen your purse strings. I will need an advance and we can work out the balance payment aspect.

Ladies and Ledas, if you'd like to buy any of the Warner and EMI stuff, you can write off line or PM me. The price here will be about 10-15% off the MRP. I have no control over the MRP, so don't even try to bargain on that.

The "fill rate" is about 50%. (meaning, only half the stuff ordered was supplied). again, I have no control over this. for the EMI titles, all starting with the numbers 05 are singles. Units 1 are one record and 2 is a double and so on.

For warner LP 0001 is one records, Lp0002 is two and so on. Please be cautious when ordering. I will revert to each of you individually on whether you have ordered 45 rpm singles or albums or double/triple or multiple album sets.

Prices vary from title to title, so be ready to loosen your purse strings. I will need an advance and we can work out the balance payment aspect.

Is there a list or somethig that we can choose from... or do we look at their International catalogues and then choose from there?

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back