AVR (Budget ~35-40k) + Front Speakers (20~30k) suggestions

Verma

Hi guys,

I was in search for a stereo setup but now decided to go for avr as I don't have source as well and with avr movie watching will be fun on weekends.
I'm looking for a a home theater setup which can be used for Music as well.

Music/Movies: 50/50
Budget for avr: 35-40k
Budget for Front speakers: 20-30k
Room Size: 12x24 feet, it's living cum dining room combined.
Music: Bollywood old and new, Sufi

I'm looking at Yamaha RX-V479 (got a quote of 37k) and Marantz NR1504 (getting weird quote of 40-45k :mad:, should have been around 30k as I'm getting NR1506 for 46k).

Didn't do much research on other brands for AVR.

For front speakers I'm looking a Dali Zensor 1 (19k) or Dali Zensor 3 (28K) since Dali is considered great for Music.

Which other brands are to look for Music/Movies of 50/50?

Pour in your suggestions. and place to audition them in Bangalore.

Thanks

Yamaha RX-V479 is a good AVR for both music and movie. Also the quote offered seems to the best so far, I picked the same AVR for 39k last month. Can you please let me know the shop name.

Both Dali Z1 and WD 220 are good for music, but they are BS speakers, you may have to think of adding a Sub later for getting a good bass.

The quote is from DNI Home Theater.

I'm looking for easy listening setup with natural sufficient bass. I'm not bass head. I'll build the whole setup in coming months.

Which all speakers did you audition before finally buying WD220? How is mid range? I'm interested in mid range more than anything else.

Hi Verma,

Yamahas and Marantz perform well for Music first and then movies...you will not be disappointed....Jamos pair quite well with these AVRs and based on your specific requirement of hearing....would suggest the S426 HCS 3

Shop for Jamo S426HCS3 5 Channel Home Cinema System Speaker at Reliance Digital

Go to Cinebels and audition them....they may sell this expensive and Reliance seems to be selling the same cheaper...carry your music for the audition....later if you wish, you can add a subwoofer....

The NR 1504 Marantz should not cost more than 30k......check with other dealers....also you need to use good cables for connecting the speakers and other components..

As per me, for old and new bollywood music and especially for sufi or classical, Dali Zensor won't be able to better the Q Acoustics concept 20.

Sorry for late followup, I was hell busy with office for past two weeks.

Progress on original query:

I have decided to pick either Marantz NR1506 (~38k) or Yamaha RX-V479 (~37k). Please suggest which is better of two?

Yamaha seems to have service center everywhere and has 80wpc as compared to 50wpc of Marantz, but then Marantz is considered great for Music.

So help me in finalizing one of these. I'll buy it by tomorrow.

@Verma
I have Marantz NR1605 and Marantz PM7001.
Have listened to both Yamaha (not the specific model) and Marantz.
In my opinion:
Yamaha in budget line up is great for movies but OK for music
Marantz in budget line up is equally good for movies and music
80W vs 50W is not much of a deal if you have efficient speakers 88dB+
Marantz 1506 has 2.2 preout vs Yamaha 479 has 0.1 preout.

Use your ears to judge what appeals to you.

Cheers,
Raghu

Hi Verma,

The Marantz will perform....don't let 50wpc fool you...there is enough of steam available to drive satellite and bookshelf speakers....

As advised, trust your ears and make the call....all the best

^^ Can you post your purchase price for avr and speaker?

I think 38.5k is good price for Marantz NR1506 considering its latest launch. What do you guys think?

I'm going to get this. What speakers should I buy to start with as fronts?
Dali zensor 1?
Wharfedale Diamond 220?
Q Acoustics 3020?
Any other?

Hi

I think the 1506 for that price seems fair...does it cover warranty?

Speakers there are lots ...any speaker between 10w - 100w RMS will easily drive at 8 ohms load.....

Audition speakers which appeal to you in performance, appearance and budget..all the best

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back