AVR Clicking sound !!!!

jake

Hi Guys. I recently bought a yamaha a810 . I have not connected it to any sources and speakers. I have noticed that while switching on it make a click sound and while switching inputs or dsp modes it makes this sound again. Its very random but happens frequently on changing input sources and dsp modes.
Guys is this normal ?

Yes,some click sound comes when you turn it on,also changing line input(digital to analoge).Its usual thing.

My avr used to make clicking sounds too but in my case it happened whenever a thread from say the left speaker channel was touching the right speaker channel around the binding post areas. so each time i connect speaker cables to the amp binding post, i use a pencil or something to make sure the left and right channels are properly separated and dont touch the opposite channels binding post.

My avr used to make clicking sounds too but in my case it happened whenever a thread from say the left speaker channel was touching the right speaker channel around the binding post areas. so each time i connect speaker cables to the amp binding post, i use a pencil or something to make sure the left and right channels are properly separated and dont touch the opposite channels binding post.

In this case there will be crackling sound & the sound coming from AVR switch is different(as you know it).

Thanks guys...i thought my avr was faulty. what about other brands like onkyo, marantz , pioneer...do they also have this clicking sound ? FMs ???

In denon avr there is a relay mechanism which makes click sound when the avr is turned on or when mute button is pressed. But when changing inputs or dsp modes there is no clicking sound either from the avr or the speakers.

Hi Guys. I recently bought a yamaha a810 . I have not connected it to any sources and speakers. I have noticed that while switching on it make a click sound and while switching inputs or dsp modes it makes this sound again. Its very random but happens frequently on changing input sources and dsp modes.
Guys is this normal ?

Its absolutely normal. Actually this is the sound of relays, which do the actual switching , be it powering on, or switching modes, or switching inputs.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back