No video output from receiver

GlamHawk

So I purchased a used Yamaha rx473 receiver and the seller showcased the HDMI outputs working, since then I bought it and can't get it to work. I've tried resetting the receiver, trying various HDMI ports on TV and still no output.

HDMI CEC seems to be working when connected as changing the input source on TV changes it on the receiver.

I assume you mean the sole HDMI output with ARC written on it (on the AVR) , isn't accepting any audio from the TV's HDMI ARC terminal.

First identify which Terminal behind the TV has ARC as thats the only one that will send an audio feed to the AVR. Its also not so straight forward if its an older TV. You may have to flip a few options in the TV Sound Menu to get audio to go out via HDMI. Read the TV's manual to find out how to do that. Usually, its one HDMI terminal with ARC written on it. None of the others will work for sending audio to an AVR.

CEC is technically a functional hand out, instructions to sync in terms of turning on the TV or AVR together.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back