AVR Needed

no sir high volume is what i don't want at all but i want the clear quality

safely go with the onkyo - its a safe bet. decently (its good man) good fidelity, useful SQ even at very low/high volume - means a good range. Only drawbacks are it getting warm(personally can't comment - its gonna be setup coming tuesday (because my HT rack is under construction) and lack of preout (in the future if you wan't to add a bigger amp later). These are not deal brokers though.

next option would be denon 1909 for 42k + speakers (atleast 15-20k) which shoots up your budget.

Yamaha is good at higher versions - the 863 at 850 USD is a steal - however in India it costs close to 85k.

Friend08, If you are looking at budget equipment to increase the volume only,
try 5.1 A/V Receiver by DNM Enterprises Mumbai. I remember having seen their advt. in AV Max. The Contact no is 02228474799 and 9820064528. I had been to DNM Factory at ANSA Industrial Estate and met the owner Mr Bajaj long back. Try if they have any 5.1 Model now, may be fit to your requirements.
Regards

Is this same Bajaj (Shyam Bajaj of Norge)?

Denon HTib DHT-390 is out @ KEI,powai ,Mumbai.

Last edited:
The DNM Receiver Model no is DNM AV-455E, reviewed in AV Max July 08 issue. It has 5.1 audio output but no decoder of its own. It has USB port, SD Card Slot & price indicated was Rs 7500/- . The information in my previous post (no 80) was related to the requirements of frnd08.
The owner of DNM Enterprises is Mr Dilip Bajaj & his unit is at Ansa Industrial Estate, Saki Vihar Road, whereas the owner of Norge is Mr Shyam Bajaj and his unit is at Hammersmith Industrial Estate, Mahim. They are not same.
Yassh, your requirements are altogether different than that of frnd08 & the forum members are guiding you both accordingly.
Suprateep, the Yamaha RX-V663 is priced @ 40K. 52K is very very high. I think Venkat has one. Check the price ...
http://www.sumaria.in/index.php/audio/av-receivers?manufacturer=42
Regards.

Last edited:
The DNM Receiver Model no is DNM AV-455E, reviewed in AV Max July 08 issue. It has 5.1 audio output but no decoder of its own. It has USB port, SD Card Slot & price indicated was Rs 7500/- . The information in my previous post (no 80) was related to the requirements of frnd08.
The owner of DNM Enterprises is Mr Dilip Bajaj & his unit is at Ansa Industrial Estate, Saki Vihar Road, whereas the owner of Norge is Mr Shyam Bajaj and his unit is at Hammersmith Industrial Estate, Mahim. They are not same.
Yassh, your requirements are altogether different than that of frnd08 & the forum members are guiding you both accordingly.
Suprateep, the Yamaha RX-V663 is priced @ 40K. 52K is very very high. I think Venkat has one. Check the price ...
Sumaria - A/V Receivers - Sumaria.in
Regards.

well yamaha increased the prices - i checked with the sumaria sales head on phone. Theonkyo had shot up to 40k from 34k within a space of 4 days. And the yamaha 663 was quoted at 52k 9increased prices - earlier it was at around 44k.

i finally managed a deal in avexcellance pune - anand there gave me a fantastic deal. Obviously i promised to take towers in the next 6 months from him.

The Model is Philips MMS 5.500i

here's the pictures from the manul of my HT about connectivity.

05032009107.jpg

05032009108.jpg

this is for venkatcr.

you werent active in the time i posted this. so what do you say about the connectivity?

Frnd:

In your HT, the sub seems to be the center with the HT player feeding it with all data. The distribution of the channels to the speakers and most probably the amplification is done by the sub.

You may not not be able to separate the channels at the HT/player end. So the question of using a pre out to amplify just the center or the front channels does not seem possible.

Before I pronounce, can you please send a close photo of the rear of the HT/Player? The photo must be clear enough for me read the lettering.

Cheers

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back