AVR with Spectrum Analyser display?

vishalrao

Hello!

Any suggestions for AVRs which have a spectrum analyser in the display? I miss those old school days staring at such a display.

I have a Denon X550BT 5.2 AVR with IndiqAudio Diamond Achal floorstanders and a Polk HTS 12 sub.

Wondering if I can replace the AVR with something similar that has a spectrum analyser display like the Denon's "cool blue" (mostly white) LEDs that doesn't break the bank.

Thanks!

Hello!

Any suggestions for AVRs which have a spectrum analyser in the display? I miss those old school days staring at such a display.

I have a Denon X550BT 5.2 AVR with IndiqAudio Diamond Achal floorstanders and a Polk HTS 12 sub.

Wondering if I can replace the AVR with something similar that has a spectrum analyser display like the Denon's "cool blue" (mostly white) LEDs that doesn't break the bank.

Thanks!

The older models of 20 years back did offer good displays then. Unfortunately Brands have got smarter given that we always look at the screen or TV and hence decided to offer maximum details over that. Most systems are limiting their display screens

Alternatively - any suggestions for a "add on" separate dedicated spectrum analyser display that's plug and play?

Maybe some independent unit that has a mic built-in to capture sound?

I want to avoid (as far as possible) going DIY with something like a LED dot matrix display and mic connected to a Raspberry Pi or something and writing your own code lol.

The older models of 20 years back did offer good displays then. Unfortunately Brands have got smarter given that we always look at the screen or TV and hence decided to offer maximum details over that. Most systems are limiting their display screens

True. I guess it would be distracting to have animated display on AVRs but I wish there were options available with a setting to toggle it.

True. I guess it would be distracting to have animated display on AVRs but I wish there were options available with a setting to toggle it.
My Linux Desktop by itself is a live visualizer. This is by using glava which converts your desktop into a live visualizer. You just need a usb microphone connected to a usb port

Apart from that there is mproject visualizer that can be installed. Here is mproject on the same linux desktop that has glava installed but now with mproject visualizer turned on

Alternatively - any suggestions for a "add on" separate dedicated spectrum analyser display that's plug and play?

Have a look at these -

Clock with Spectrum Analyzer https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0C3RSLXF7/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ARXQHVCE2ZYWM&psc=1

You can also look at Equalizers with spectrum analyser display that are available in the pre owned market.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back