axis bank chip based debit card for amazon.com

samyukta_88

hi all

few months ago u guys helped me out regarding payment using axis bank titanium rewards debit card for amazon.com transactions

all these months i was happy with my titanium rewards debit card since amazon use to accept them

now all of a sudden i got a chip based titanium rewards debit card from the bank and blocking my old card saying that since i have made international transaction rbi has issued a mandate to replace all such cards to chip based cards for international transaction

now i am so much worried whether this new chip based card will be accepted by amazon.com...??

btw the card even has a magnetic strip also

please help me out ....has anyone used the chip based debit card with amazon.com transactions..??

will it work as before..??

please help me please

All my cards are with chip and being accepted for online payments at different sites including amazon.com,amazon.de etc.

I used chip card in paypal to pay in dollars. there is no issues. now a day all bank moving into chip cards. no other go.

The chip is for transactions where you pay physically at a vendor (shop, restaurant, etc) by a card machine. Now you will have to enter your card PIN into the machine. It will not be a mere swipe like before.
The chip does not have any effect on internet transactions.

The chip is for transactions where you pay physically at a vendor (shop, restaurant, etc) by a card machine. Now you will have to enter your card PIN into the machine. It will not be a mere swipe like before.
The chip does not have any effect on internet transactions.

right Naturelover, thanks

here in middle east all the cards with chip. card with visa logo also need to be approved with pin number for completing the transaction in shopping centers, unlike visa cards in India (just swipe for payment). good move of rbi in view of safety

hi all

few months ago u guys helped me out regarding payment using axis bank titanium rewards debit card for amazon.com transactions

all these months i was happy with my titanium rewards debit card since amazon use to accept them

now all of a sudden i got a chip based titanium rewards debit card from the bank and blocking my old card saying that since i have made international transaction rbi has issued a mandate to replace all such cards to chip based cards for international transaction

now i am so much worried whether this new chip based card will be accepted by amazon.com...??

btw the card even has a magnetic strip also

please help me out ....has anyone used the chip based debit card with amazon.com transactions..??

will it work as before..??

please help me please

I am in the same ship. I tried this new chip based debit card for amazon but it didn't work

Uttam

Last edited:
right Naturelover, thanks

here in middle east all the cards with chip. card with visa logo also need to be approved with pin number for completing the transaction in shopping centers, unlike visa cards in India (just swipe for payment). good move of rbi in view of safety

it was not only for visa cards even mastercard powered cards also was working the same way just swipe for payment

its for improving the safety of the system, not for getting thinks complicated

yeah i agree regarding safety but what abt the transaction failure and getting them right once again and what abt transactions not going through as it was before? so it is complicated

I am in the same ship. I tried this new chip based debit card for amazon but it won't work

Uttam

r u using axis bank titanium rewards chip based debit card...??

yeah i agree regarding safety but what abt the transaction failure and getting them right once again and what abt transactions not going through as it was before? so it is complicated

r u using axis bank titanium rewards chip based debit card...??

Its axis bank some PRIME DEBIT Card ,as shown on card

Uttam

Its axis bank some PRIME DEBIT Card ,as shown on card

Uttam

Oh that's the basic debit card what axis gives by default on account opening even I to had that it didn't work on amazon so many people here in this forum told me that titanium rewards card works so I migrated to a higher end titanium rewards card by paying 500Rs plus tax extra...it was working until now but they changed my card to titanium rewards chip based card so now I don't know

Does it have either 'Visa' or 'MasterCard' printed on your Debit Card. Either of the one is required for using in amazon.com and in most of the websites

It's a visa prime debit card and the card does not work for amazon I had that card before I switched to titanium rewards

Did your titanium reward wok with amazon?
Please confirm

Uttam

it works 101%.....but now they are replacing the titanium rewards card with a emv chip based titanium rewards card for those who do international transaction so u should confirm with the bank that they need to give u the titanium rewards card which is an international debit card or else they will issue a titanium rewards card which is only for domestic use

i got my card replaced to a emv chip based titanium rewards card which is international debit card

thats y i m little confused whether it will work with amazon now or not since it is chip based now....

i guess i need to try it out by myself and see the results

Back