amazon.com payment via hdfc debit card

samyukta_88

hello

i want to know whether i can use hdfc international debit card for amazon.com payments...??

has anyone used it on amazon.com...??

please help me out with this info.....i created an hdfc account just for using it on amazon.com

plz help

Yes you should be able to. There is no restriction on using Indian credit cards.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

hello

i want to know whether i can use hdfc international debit card for amazon.com payments...??

please help me out with this info.....i created an hdfc account just for using it on amazon.com

plz help

You can create onetime vcc and use, thats what i have been doing.

Thanks,
Praveen.
sent from SGS2 skyrocket.

You can create onetime vcc and use, thats what i have been doing.

Thanks,
Praveen.

thanks for the quick response

one more question

do we need to create a vcc of the same amount mentioned in amazon.com checkout page or do u need to create a vcc of higher amount than the price mentioned in their checkout page...??

but i wanted to know apart from the vcc...has anyone used hdfc bank international debit card for the payments....??

You can actually use your debit card these days on all international merchant websites, so yes you can simply use the HDFC debit card and buy from amazon. No need to create a virtual credit card for the same! Earlier it was not the case, the same has come into effect sometime recently only..

using netsafe card i came to know that its valid only for 24hrs

so amazon.com takes the payment from the card after they ship it usually 2-3 days so by the time they take the payment the netsafe card will be expired.....so how to use the netsafe card on amazon.com...??

Last edited:
Maybe I'm doing something wrong but the 3 different times I tried using HDFC debit cards, the payment did not go through and the orders were cancelled...

ok now again i m really confused....mayb i need to try it itself to find out whether it accepts are not.....or else i will close the account and open in icici bank....

for HDFC online shopping u need to create a net safe account using ur existing bank account and specify the amount u need to use for the same.
Also try using the same computer which u usually access for ur bank account from.

hello

plz help

No it is not possible to use HDFC ICICI SBI SYNDICATE BANK :sad::sad:( Checked ) debit card on Amazon you can use only Axis Bank Debit card for this purpose.Or you can try Entropay virtual credit card.

thanks for the quick response

one more question

do we need to create a vcc of the same amount mentioned in amazon.com checkout page or do u need to create a vcc of higher amount than the price mentioned in their checkout page...??

Always create with more amount, the remaining amount will anyway come back to Ur account.

Thanks,
Praveen.

Most Debit Cards are not accepted on Amazon or any other international sites. When I was abroad some time ago, I tried my ICICI Debit Card at a local merchant - just for kicks (hence the name my HFV handle id as I do many things just for kicks); but the card was rejected. So credit card including virtual credit card is best option.
  • If you have a credit card that allows forex transactions (most do) then you are all set
  • If you don't have a credit card, apply for one - ICICI, HSBC, Citi, HDFC, Axis, Yes Bank, SBI, etc. should be the preferred ones.
  • If you are ineleigible for CC, then most banks allow virtual credit cards to be created and used for online transactions; this facility is available on the online banking sites of various banks

How Virtual Credit Card Works:
  • VCC is available from most banks and free of charge.
  • You can create a VCC of any amount limit; the amount limit depends upon your actual and available bank balance.
  • VCC is for single time use only. You get a VCC number that looks just like your 16-digit credit card number. There is a CVV number also.
  • It has a valid-from and valid-to dates. Usually, the validity is for one or two months maximum.
  • Once the VCC is created, funds are blocked in your bank; so be careful with that.
  • If you don't use the VCC, after the expiry of card, the funds are reverted back to the bank account.
  • Once you use the VCC, the amount is deducted from the card at the time the e-merchant sends the payment request to card issuer (Visa or Mastercard). The bank then deducts the amount from the card and account and credits the unused amount back to the account.

so amazon.com takes the payment from the card after they ship it usually 2-3 days so by the time they take the payment the netsafe card will be expired.....so how to use the netsafe card on amazon.com...??

Last edited:

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back