amazon.com payment via hdfc debit card

using netsafe card i came to know that its valid only for 24hrs

so amazon.com takes the payment from the card after they ship it usually 2-3 days so by the time they take the payment the netsafe card will be expired.....so how to use the netsafe card on amazon.com...??
Amazon believes that all customers will buy using a credit card that is not expiring soon. Hence a netsafe card that expires within a day will not work. Amazon, UK takes 1-3 days before confirming and shipping the order while Amazon, US takes 2-5days for the same purpose. CC is charged at the time of confirming and dispatch.

BTW, Why are you posting the same post twice?

i think there was a mistake i posted once i dunno how it appeared twice in the replies...

so can anyone tell any other alternative apart from netsafe cards and credit cards....??

i think there was a mistake i posted once i dunno how it appeared twice in the replies...

so can anyone tell any other alternative apart from netsafe cards and credit cards....??
As I said, Virtual Credit Card is the best option if there is no physical credit card.

p/s. Sometimes, if you hit the browser 'back' and 'forward' button, it may resubmit the POST action. Hence duplicate posts.

Open an account with Entropay.com and create virtual credit card and then recharged the vcc using with your existing debit card. Entropay virtual credit card is valid for 1 year.I am using Entropay VCC for past four years without any problem.

Last edited:
5% is damn expensive. I will prefer virtual CC, or credit card issued against an FD. They are free and safer than even the regular CC.

Of course not. That 3.5% plus the service tax is mandatory forex transaction fees levied by the VISA/ MC. So no escape from that.

welll.....lemme see once my account gets activated from hdfc i hope the debit card goes through or else i will close the account and open a new one in axis or icici bank.....

anyways hdfc bank has 14 days free closing policy on all accounts he he he he ;-)

**UPDATE**

my hdfc bank debit card didnt work on amazon.com afterall....so tomorrow going to bank to close the account and open in axis bank...hope axis bank will prove to be lucky for me...

I think there should be no problem.

I have used Icici's Debit card without a problem.

V.

ok guys please tell me confidently which bank debit card works perfectly on amazon.com

axis bank or icici bank...which bank shall i open with ....??

please

ok guys please tell me confidently which bank debit card works perfectly on amazon.com

axis bank or icici bank...which bank shall i open with ....??

please

There is no guarantee on debit cards, as I stated earlier. Now that you have a bank account, why don't you try the vcc route. Closing the bank account will cost you closure charges.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

There is no guarantee on debit cards, as I stated earlier. Now that you have a bank account, why don't you try the vcc route. Closing the bank account will cost you closure charges.

r u sure that hdfc bank vcc works without any problem on amazon.com...??

have u tried it personally...??

r u sure that hdfc bank vcc works without any problem on amazon.com...??

have u tried it personally...??

I have physical credit card and hence no need of a virtual credit card. Why don't you give it a try?

its not the matter of giving it a try if i create a vcc and if it dosent get accepted i need to wait for 3-5 days to get a refund and by the time i get a refund the 14 days free closure period will lapse and i need to pay 500Rs to close the account...

i guess i will open a axis bank account tomorrow...

I can assure you that Axis bank debit card (mine is Titanium Rewards) is 100% working on Amazon.co.uk. :)

Back