amazon.com payment via hdfc debit card

i have used HDFC Visa Debit card thru Netsafe option in Amazon . It works . in case u choose products from different vendors then you will have to carry out multiple transactions .

Netsafe if for one vendor - one transaction.

Its difficult to say which debit card will work . Go for credit cards which invariably will work

I have a theory why debit cards may not work. All Indian debit cards have an extra layer of protection on case of online transactions such as answers two questions, ICICI bank's numbers entry from the back of card, etc. Of course, I am not sure about this.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

just4kix, i am trying my axis bank internatinal debit card for amazon payment , but every time it declned by issuing bank (as per amazon mail).what is the solution for this please help. i want to buy some gadgets from amazon
Thanks

uttam

just4kix, i am trying my axis bank internatinal debit card for amazon payment , but every time it declned by issuing bank (as per amazon mail).what is the solution for this please help. i want to buy some gadgets from amazon
Thanks

uttam

Use a credit card or create a virtual credit card.

**UPDATE**

created an account with axis bank

will get the account activated in 1 week...

will post again if it works

i just had one question do u need to register the debit card for vbv...??

if i dont register for vbv...does amazon.com accept the card or rejects it...??

The payment gateway of Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk does not go thru the VFV route. VFV is applicable only for India e-commerce sites. At Amazon you just need to provide the basic card info with expiry date and the confirmation is by way of CVV/CV2 number of the card.

Amazon keeps your card info captured in their system for future purchases. So in case of 2nd purchase you just need to press their "confirm" button only.

ok this time i will not register with vbv.....first i will try to transact with amazon and see whether it works for my axis bank debit card

ok i just came to know one more thing since amazon.com places $1 authorization on all the transactions how will the hdfc netsafe card work....the card will expire as soon as they put the $1 authorization since its one time use...??

can someone clarify this

Only Paypal need authorization. For your information, Axis bank debit will not valid in Paypal transaction if you use axis bank debit card on paypal then paypal may block your account. Just go to the bank and open a FD and get Instant credit card.

Last edited:
Only Paypal need authorization. For your information, Axis bank debit will not valid in Paypal transaction if you use axis bank debit card on paypal then paypal may block your account. Just go to the bank and open a FD and get Instant credit card.

Amazon placed a $1 blocking transaction on the credit card for the very first time. This $1 is never charged and collected from the credit card issuer/bank. Once the card blocking is verified the card number is permanently stored in the database. For subsequent transactions using the same card, the $1 method is never used again.

Paypal uses different method. It charges and deducts $0.01 from the account to verify actual and physical payment. It then credits the same amount to the account to verify actual and physical receipt/credit.

Last edited:
It is my unsubstantiated belief that netsafe card will not work always - most of the time it won't work. Netsafe card must be used within 24 hours by the merchant. Amazon debits the card at the time of dispatch/actual shipment. This may happen 2 or 3 days later after creating the order. Since I have never used it, I cannot say anything for certain.

well the items which is being fullfilled and being shipped by amazon in that case they take the payment after the item ships but in case of merchant sellers they take the payment immediately and they do not wait till the item ships

well the items which is being fullfilled and being shipped by amazon in that case they take the payment after the item ships but in case of merchant sellers they take the payment immediately and they do not wait till the item ships

I have no idea. I always buy items sold and shipped by Amazon.

oh ok....i want to buy items from merchant sellers and not from sold and shipped by amazon...becoz the items which i want to buy is from merchant sellers......

i tried many times for amazon payments by axis debit card but evry time it is declined. surprizingly cvv no was never asked while registering the card nor at the time of payment. is it possible?

as suggested by just4kix i activated vcc (e-wallet) and virtual card was created,while paying with this vcc today morning no cvv No was required and now i have received mail from amazon saying payment is declined by bank

friends please help

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back