Back to tubes

Wattgate makes very nice products. A nice IEC connector, plug, some quality 12 ga cable from the electrical store, and you will have a DIY cable that will beat any generic and many brands as well IMO.
Cheers
Sid

Last edited:
That road crossing is freaky man. I always get psyched looking at the road and am scared that I may hit a person on a two wheeler:lol:.

Missed this one. During my last of the playing days, I visited Hyd and my partner managed to hit a car. That poor chap didn't realise what made the noice; stopped, looked around puzzled and went away. We were far too away to go to him.

Missed this one. During my last of the playing days, I visited Hyd and my partner managed to hit a car. That poor chap didn't realise what made the noice; stopped, looked around puzzled and went away. We were far too away to go to him.

:lol: At least the guy was protected in a car. Imagine if it was 2 wheeler and as Hyd does not have helmet law it could give him a nasty knock.
Cheers
Sid

I would like to travel to Hyd for a listen when this does happen:) And go the whole monty and make that the Ref5.
Joshua

Hi Joshua, thanks - I hear you, but there have been some murmurs that the 3 can hold its own against the 5. Secondly since the 3 is discontinued there are discounts to be had
Well, will see what to decide on:cool:, and plan accordingly.
Cheers
Sid

Updated Ht pics

I have also updated my humble HT setup as well by:
1. Upgrading from the 720p Panasonic PtAe900 to the 1080p Epson 8350
2. Addition of a AC Ryan Playon HD2 media player
No future upgrades planned in this setup as of now but future wishlists are:
1. Upgrade the projector to one with anamorphic lens capability to project 2.40:1 ratio movies in full resolution.
2. Addition of a panamorph lens or similar.
3. Upgrade the screen to a 2.40:1 ratio to accomodate 1.
4. Considering adding a second SVS sub.
Cheers
Sid

Last edited:
And finally a setup that probably gets the most usage - the humble home office desktop Headphone system with senn 555 headphones and a headroom micro amp. Wadia ipod transport and MF Xdacv3 form the source.
Want to upgrade to a tube based head phone amp. and eventually to senn. 800's cans.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Some Recent main system upgrades:
1. Source: Ayon Cd2s
2. Spkr. Cables: Kimber select KS 3033
3. Interconnects: Kimber select KS1111 and KS1011
Cheers,
Sid

Congrats Sid!!
How different is Cd 2s to 1s?
Regards
Vasu

Thanks Vasu - I did notice a marked improvement with the Cd2s (though I have only 5 hours on the player) - specifically better defined soundstage, better extension in frequency extremes, more snap on plucked strings & more sparkle on high hats & cymbals. It also appears that resolution is higher and grit/grain in the soundstage which was quite low is further diminished. The Cd1s is a superb player and the 2s seems to have improved on its strengths. Other than that it has some more features. I think it is a logical and reasonable upgrade if you are a fan of the Ayon sound.
Cheers,
Sid

Some updated system pics. The Kimber select KS3033 spkr. cables are simply outstanding, and IMO one of the best upgrades in cables that I have made.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Looks really nice! Just curious - what this that thing in the middle of the CD-2s and the Audio Research? Is it a cassette player?

I'm also curious about your opinions on the Audire power conditioner. Is it any good?

Cheers!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back