Bandridge or MAX ?

srikarkav

Hi Guys,

I want to upgrade my Onkyo 3100 cables.Bandridge 16 guage costs Rs 75 and local MAX costs Rs 40 per mtr. Will the Rs 35 more Bandridge make any difference to SQ? Or can I go with MAX? My need- around 16-17 mts.

cheers,
sri

what is the gauge (awg) of these wires? I think Venkat has suggested in some other thread some speaker wires that are correct value for money. There are some DAC brand cables also available.

Go with a known brand such as Bandridge or DAC. The small extra you spend now will give your years of good service. Even if you buy 50 meters, you are talking about an additional 1500. Well worth it I must say, if not for anything else, for sheer peace of mind.

Cheers

I beleive its RND,

I used 70/m OFC Taiwan cables(16aw),it was OK.
Now I settled with 22/m regular cables(not OFC) & happy with it.

Do Bandridge cables come labelled as X gauge ? I thought they were always labelled as mm^2. Whats the conversion formula ?

Go with a known brand such as Bandridge or DAC. The small extra you spend now will give your years of good service. Even if you buy 50 meters, you are talking about an additional 1500. Well worth it I must say, if not for anything else, for sheer peace of mind.

Cheers

How much is DAC per meter?(I guess we are talking about 16awg)

Hi,

went to ezone in search of Bandridge speaker cables for my Onkyo 3100.Venkat and others have advised to go for 16awg cable. Ezone has OFC Bandridge cable.(minimum 20mts for around 900 bucks).There were two types. 0.50mm^2 and 0.75mm^2. The sales man couldnt say which one is 16awg.Can u guys please guide me which one i shoud go for?
Thanks,
sri

Ended up buying a Philps universal remote for Rs 2115/-:)

Last edited:
Guys,

I found the answer by googling. I am posting the conversion here for others to refer.Bandridge cables come in this mm2 reference only.

AWG American Wire Gauge to mm2

20 AWG = 0.5 mm2
18 AWG = 0.75 mm2
17 AWG = 1 mm2
16 AWG = 1.5 mm2
14 AWG = 2.5 mm2
12 AWG = 4.0 mm2
10 AWG = 6.0 mm2
closest equivalent wire size

cheers,
sri

Last edited:
Guys,

I found the answer by googling. I am posting the conversion here for others to refer.Bandridge cables come in this mm2 reference only.

AWG American Wire Gauge to mm2

20 AWG = 0.5 mm2
18 AWG = 0.75 mm2
17 AWG = 1 mm2
16 AWG = 1.5 mm2
14 AWG = 2.5 mm2
12 AWG = 4.0 mm2
10 AWG = 6.0 mm2
closest equivalent wire size

cheers,
sri

Good that you posted the table for reference:clapping:

So which speaker wire did you buy?

Hi

I will be buying the Bandridge OFC 1.5mm^2 (16AWG) from ezone today or tomorrow for my Onkyo 3100. I hope it will make a difference in SQ .
cheers,
sri

Hi

I will be buying the Bandridge OFC 1.5mm^2 (16AWG) from ezone today or tomorrow for my Onkyo 3100. I hope it will make a difference in SQ .
cheers,
sri

Please check the cable quality closely before you buy. When I was buying my speaker cables, I was excited when I heard about Bandridge. But on physical examination, I found them quite crude (uneven insulation) and very average strand quality. I was disappointed. I found DAC quality much better than Bandridge. But finally I bought Pro-Fx and QED.

Last edited:
Thanks for the post reju. Do u mean that there are duplicates in Bandridge or the quality itself is low?:sad: I dont know where to get DAC here in Chennai. Even entry level QED in profx is around 115/- per mtr. Which QED cable u r using?
sri

Thanks for the post reju. Do u mean that there are duplicates in Bandridge or the quality itself is low?:sad: I dont know where to get DAC here in Chennai. Even entry level QED in profx is around 115/- per mtr. Which QED cable u r using?
sri

I don't think they were duplicates. It was available at the main Vijay Sales, Prabhadevi showroom in Mumbai.

The ProFX cables are also good. They are made by Monster Cables for Pro-Fx. If you want 2 x 1.5mm (PRISM 6189) it may cost around Rs 80/m, I think. They have showroom in Chennai. You can check it out.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back