Basic Bluray Player

amitnigam2809

Dear Friends,

Planning to buy a basic and decent Bluray player with USB playback function in limited budget.

I understand that Pioneer BDP-180 will be definitely a good choice but I don't want spend on the features(WiFi, Network,..) that I will not be using as the AVR (Yamaha 481) can take care of that.

Please provide your valuable suggestions.

Regards
Amit

Hi

Pioneer is a decent player which will read all formats and you would not face any challenge for a good 3-5 years.....

If budget is tight, look at Panasonic or Philips....they also have a good range of players and would be within the 8-10k bracket

Are you going to be using USB hard drive for the content or Blu-ray discs?

For USB hard drive, Raspberry Pi 3 will be a cheaper/better solution, in fact even does H.265, which even my expensive Oppo cannot do.

Are you going to be using USB hard drive for the content or Blu-ray discs?

For USB hard drive, Raspberry Pi 3 will be a cheaper/better solution, in fact even does H.265, which even my expensive Oppo cannot do.

Hi,
Yes I will be playing USB HDD but will be playing some discs too.

Thanks

Hi

Pioneer is a decent player which will read all formats and you would not face any challenge for a good 3-5 years.....

If budget is tight, look at Panasonic or Philips....they also have a good range of players and would be within the 8-10k bracket

Yeah, Pioneer indeed one of the best but I am restricted on budget side. Have heard about Philips and Sony BluRay Players but not about Panasonic. Will check it for sure.

Thanks
Amit

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back