Before I Bang My Head On The Wall, Help Me Out, People. Need A Complete Stereo System

Re: Before I bang my head on the wall, help me out people. Need a complete stereo sys

Do the way I am doing it. I've already bought the Cambridge Audio 550A. Now buying the HRT Music Streamer II + monster interconnects to complete my notebook based audio system.

Or if I get any decent audiophile CP player with USB under 15K, I'll prefer buying that.

Re: Before I bang my head on the wall, help me out people. Need a complete stereo sys

^^^
Dude ! You made my day. Any reviews for the same ? And is TEAC available in India ?

Also would it be possible to scale up the budget a bit and get an audiophile blu ray player ? Would be a better investment I'd say.

I checked the specs. Not sure how the real life results'd vary but the Streamer looks a lot better on paper than this CD player.

Makes me confused now.

Do the way I am doing it. I've already bought the Cambridge Audio 550A. Now buying the HRT Music Streamer II + monster interconnects to complete my notebook based audio system.

Or if I get any decent audiophile CP player with USB under 15K, I'll prefer buying that.

What do you think about this one Marantz M-CR603

Re: Before I Bang My Head On The Wall, Help Me Out, People. Need A Complete Stereo Sy

Hi,

I have a WDTV player and want to use it to play 320 KBPS MP3 and FLAC. Please suggest a good amplifier and speakers combo to go with it. My budget is 30K.

Regards

Nitin

Re: Before I Bang My Head On The Wall, Help Me Out, People. Need A Complete Stereo Sy

@vasishta.sushant Can you help me get an HRT music streamer? I mean where is it available and how much does it cost??

Also even I would love to use my laptop as a source. Its an acer e725 with a phono out and a usb out. Can ya suggest a DAC for me?

I got it from the US man. Brought it here via aramex shop and ship. The total I paid was like 8.5K.

This thing is really astounding and pure. Only downside is that you can't use any other input other than the USB. But since I was sure that I'll be using my netbook (I can't buy CDs and I just download music files), I opted for it.

If you are on budget and sure that PC is your source, HRT butchers all. But if you want to keep options open, you can try Music Fidelity VDAC, Cambridge Audio DAV MAgic or Arcam rdac. But all of these cost around 20K and not too far ahead than the streamer.

visited late here , options as summery
HRT streamer II dac 8.5k USB only -- good quality
logitech SB wifi 10k via ebay -- awesome convenience , mid level SQ
Teac CDP 650 <10K -- combo ipod dock digital out + cdp with good DAC
get via shop your world

Squeezebox's quality doesn't fall in the same league. Teac might be a good bet but the reviews incline heavily towards HRT. Check stereophile review and I can vouch that the device sure lives upto the hype.

Last edited:

The equpments u sold were great, problem lies with ur source, MP3 is MP THIRD RATE as far as serious audio goue, why not get a good turntable and hear nicely preserved LPs I am sure ur wandering would end, digital is no comparison to analogue, we porselves are analogically built so why depend on systems which are alien to our perception let me know after you hear couple of vinyls on ur new tt.

I wish I had the money :p And I find it little hard to keep moving from my place, just to change the track/CDs/Vinyls(if they ever come).

Again I'd like to mention that I've never seen, let alone listening a vinyl so I can't really comment.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back