Beginner's Tips for Sony Bravia 40" W550A LCD TV

abhigite

Hi,

I have recently acquired Sony Bravia W series 550A 40" LCD TV. Would need help in getting it configured and connected to my Tata Sky, Sony DZ series home theatre, and PS3.

thanks.

Hi,

I have recently acquired Sony Bravia W series 550A 40" LCD TV. Would need help in getting it configured and connected to my Tata Sky, Sony DZ series home theatre, and PS3.

thanks.

Tatasky > Component + audio > LCD (OR aud in HTib analoge stereo in).
Sony HT > HDMI > LCD (audio processed in HTib.)
PSS3 > HDMI > LCD (audio processed in HTib.)

Abhigite,

Congratulations on your new puppies....as you own a Sony TV with Sony gaming console like me....you can now control your PS3 slim with your Sony TV. How?

1) ps3 and TV should be connected via HDMI (directly/through an AVR).
2) And make sure that your PS3 is turned on so that your TV can detect any Sony made AV components.
3) After done with above 2 things, now look for HDMI control in your TV settings and enable it.
4) Once you turn on this feature, Sony TV will search and display PS3 as line item in a table.
5) Thats it....next time you want to listen to music or watch movies/downloaded trailers....you don't need that bone like joy stick. Simply click on "Bravia Sync Menu" on your TV remote....that will give you a small menu on bottom left..select player 1 there....violaa...your PS3 is turned on...and use the same remote to navigate through XMB interface...you an turn it off too...

All this works on my 32 incher sony and slim combo...see if it works on your combo...if not in exact process...it should work out with searching here and there as Bravia Sync exists among most of sony products

let me know if you need any help here.

NOTE: If you intend to buy a logitech universal remote, please do required research as Sony TV's input sources don't react well with Logitech's signals...have to switch the input source manually :x. (appreciate anybody's help here)

Cheers
Naren

Last edited:
hey all,

thanks for all the help,

Need one feedback and solution ... for the zoom mode to be kept while watching. If i use wide zoom mode then the scroll which are at the bottom of the channels, specifically news channels tend to widen at both ends, while it corrects if i use full zoom mode, but then the downside to it is that is distorts the image a bit, i mean image too widens ... any suggestions / solutions ?

hey all,

thanks for all the help,

Need one feedback and solution ... for the zoom mode to be kept while watching. If i use wide zoom mode then the scroll which are at the bottom of the channels, specifically news channels tend to widen at both ends, while it corrects if i use full zoom mode, but then the downside to it is that is distorts the image a bit, i mean image too widens ... any suggestions / solutions ?

use the full screen mode if u don't want to loose any information.
in some channels like WB movies,UTV world movies if u use this mode,one can't differentiate b/w a 16:9 dvd vs the same movie played in these channels in terms of aspect ratio.

1) ps3 and TV should be connected via HDMI (directly/through an AVR).
2) And make sure that your PS3 is turned on so that your TV can detect any Sony made AV components.
3) After done with above 2 things, now look for HDMI control in your TV settings and enable it.
4) Once you turn on this feature, Sony TV will search and display PS3 as line item in a table.
5) Thats it....next time you want to listen to music or watch movies/downloaded trailers....you don't need that bone like joy stick. Simply click on "Bravia Sync Menu" on your TV remote....that will give you a small menu on bottom left..select player 1 there....violaa...your PS3 is turned on...and use the same remote to navigate through XMB interface...you an turn it off too...

It works flawlessly with the slim, but it will not work with the Phat PS3 as that does not support CEC.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back